French army mod
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Modern Tactics

#1: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 8:57 am
    —
I am working on a specific mod : French army mod, with french platoons organization, french weapons and vehicles, etc

I have added some units and groups with 7,8,9,10 mens according to actual organization and according to old organization (1970-1980) and it works fun

And I will also try work to change pb of vehicle immobilizations (it's too easy to immobilize vehicle in vanilla game)

2 questions, please:

1/ How can I change graphics in game (to change US flags to french flags). I downloaded a sample of art work here :
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10045&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=20

but I have no tool or idea about the process to add these artwork in the game

2/ How can I change vehicles graphics of the game ? (is there a specific tool for that ?)[b]

And other question : I noticed that editor allows to build 1,2,3,4, and 5 pool forces for each side, but in game only the 1 appears : is it a normal situation ?

#2: Re: French army mod Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:26 am
    —
Your questions:

1. The flags are in the terrain file. You can use CC2Spriter v2.95 (found in the download section of this site under tools) or CCMunger (https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10373&t=229941) programmes to unpack and repack this file. - So unpack put the new flags in and repack, back up your original file and put the new terrain file in the game folder.

2. You can unpack the Tanks.azp graphics file using RtBTool v2.39 or CCMunger. Once you unpack you will see the structure of the file. Each vehicle needs a text file with coordinates for hull and turret and it needs a shadow too - its located in the Shadows.azp file. To get started  - just copy one of the similar stock shadow files and rename it to your new vehicle and repack. If you want to adapt an existing shadow or make a new one from scratch: - Use CCVehShEdit.

You can also do a search on this site under the modding section. There are several topics regarding modding vehicles.
- Ask if you need more detail on the process.

The editor needs deployment zones for all the possible players which is 10 (5vs5) but in single player game only 1 "set" of units is used.

#3: Re: French army mod Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:35 am
    —
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=70577&highlight=#70577

Check out this forum posts - mind you - it was one of my first attempts at modding at all so it might not be totally up to date...

#4: Re: French army mod Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:40 am
    —
Chance to immobilize is controled by a coloumn in the Terrain.txt file located in MAINGAMEFOLDER/DATA/BASE

#5: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 9:57 am
    —
Thanks for infos Wink

I will see these tools and try to learn to work with

#6: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:25 am
    —
ScnelleMeyer wrote (View Post):
Chance to immobilize is controled by a coloumn in the Terrain.txt file located in MAINGAMEFOLDER/DATA/BASE

Ok, founded the concerned column. But it is not exactly what I searched : By "immobilization problem", I mean "chance to be immobilized after ennemy shoot" : I would try to reduce the "immobilization effect" of shooting, because I think vehicules are too easy immobilized during game after they received ennemy shoots

I will try to modify the COLUMN 123 in "VEHICLE" : 'Health' of the vehicle, help it resist damage.  Range = 0 - 512

=> perhaps it will reinforce the vehicles protection

EDIT : I tried FXMunger tool and it seems work with sprites vehicles and terrains sprites, I will learn more to use it

#7: Re: French army mod Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:48 am
    —
Yes, that is the only coloumn that I think can have the effect on what you want. But the vehicle will be more resistant to any damage - So it will in most cases take more shots to kill it if you increase the values in this coloumn.

Btw I hope you will share your mod when you are happy with it? - I am working on finishing the conversion of the cold war mod Red Storm Rising mod from CC5 to The Longest Day and the mod has 1 French battlegroup so I am very interested to see what units you have in your mod.

#8: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:14 am
    —
Yes, that is the only coloumn that I think can have the effect on what you want. But the vehicle will be more resistant to any damage - So it will in most cases take more shots to kill it if you increase the values in this coloumn.

Btw I hope you will share your mod when you are happy with it? - I am working on finishing the conversion of the cold war mod Red Storm Rising mod from CC5 to The Longest Day and the mod has 1 French battlegroup so I am very interested to see what units you have in your mod.

Concerning vehicle : Yes, it's the problem, increase "health" will prevent all kind of damage

Concerning French oob : I have CC5 and CC TLD, but I play only CCMT : I think it's the best opus in CC, it's very difficult and challenging to win a battle vs AI when you give it some arty and mortars.

My french oob in CCMT will be very limitec and will concern only "section"  (30-40 mens) and "groups" organization (depending of cases : 7,8,9 or 10 mens).

I may help if you need informations about french sections and groups organizations in years 1970-1980 : the system war very simply :

About 100 mens in a Company : 1 Captain (leader  company) with pistol MAC 50  + 1 radio + 2 or 3 mens (with FSA 56 or pistol MAC 50) + 3 sections

About 32 mens in a section (3 "combat groups" of 10 mens + 1 section radio + 1 section leader)

About 10 mens in a "combat group" :

1 group leader with PM Mat 49 (and later Famas) and/or Pistol MAC 50
1 sniper (FrF1 gun, and later FrF2)
4 "GV" (grenaders-voltigers) : 2 with FSA 56 rifle (later : Famas) + 2 with PM Mat 49 (and later Famas)
1 gunner LRAC 73 (and later LRAC 89) = anti tank weapon
1 assistant loader (with FSA 56 rifle)
1 gunner "FM" AANF1 7,62 mm =  Medium machine-gun

Each group of 10 mens was divided in 2 parts :

"Equipe choc" = (shock team)

Group leader with PM Mat 49 (and later Famas)
1 sniper (FrF1 gun, and later FrF2)
4 "GV" (grenaders-voltigers) : 2 with FSA 56 rifle + 2 with PM Mat 49

In this "shock group", there was 3 "mini teams" :

1°/ Group leader with PM Mat 49 (and later Famas) + 1 sniper (FrF1 gun, and later FrF2)

2°/ named "first binôme"  (First "mini team") 2 GV : 1 with PM MAT 49 (ans later Famas) + 1 with FSA 56 rifle

3°/ named "second binôme" (Second mini team) 2 GV : 1 with PM MAT 49 (and later Famas) + 1 with FSA 56 rifle

"Equipe feu" ("Fire team)

1 gunner LRAC 73 (and later LRAC 89) = anti tank weapon
1 gunner "FM" AANF1 7,62 mm =  Medium machine-gun

Later (1980 to 1982 I think) : FSA 56 rifle and PM MAT 49 were replaced by Famas (assault rifle)

It's easy to reproduce that in "blueteam" file (database)

Last edited by stratweg on Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:24 am; edited 5 times in total

#9: Re: French army mod Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:18 am
    —
Sounds great! Thanks for the excellent overview. It would be awesome to try this organization within CCMT! - I will contact you on PM a bit later.

#10: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:29 am
    —
ok, no problem Wink

Attached : work in progress

French_army_mod.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  395.12 KB
 Viewed:  2238 Time(s)

French_army_mod.jpg

#11: Re: French army mod Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:40 am
    —
Looking very nice! Those large teams with automatic weapons have a lot of firepower! - Congratulation on a great start of your mod. - If you want to edit the team icons here is a link where you can find some of the original, layered Photoshop files: http://www.closecombatseries.net/SiteArchive/CSO/Graphics_Library/Unit%20Icon%20Templates/

#12: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 6:16 pm
    —
Thanks for files. I will also try to edit and use shp icons of the old "modern" steel panthers WSPMBT after reducing their size (there is a tool to extract them : Shpedit)

#13: Re: French army mod Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 7:25 pm
    —
Sounds interesting, I am looking forward to see how they will look in CCMT!

#14: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:05 pm
    —
Seems that :

1/ CC2spriter does not open the CCMT files : I have messages "wrong format" when I try to open  files contained in the GRAPHICS directory with this tool

2/FXMunger tool does not work better : (My OS is Windows 7 pro)

a/ When I extract Tank.azp, the tool display a message "out of memory" and stop to extract (all files are not extracted, lot are missing)

b/ When I extract terrains, it works good. But when I modify one graph file in tga, his format changes and becomes 24 bits (in place of 32 bits). I tried with Gimp and photofiltre (I have not photoshop). Due to that, when I rebuild under FXMUNGER tool, I have sometimes a error message. And when I have not the error message, the game crashes when I use new terrain file and I have the message : "wrong colors used", etc.
(I wanted to change the US flag in french flag)

Seems that the art work is very hard with CCMT, tools are not 100% ok and there are lot of parameters (32 / 24 bits for images, palettes of colors, etc).

I will keep the US flag and keep also vanilla graphs. It is not very important, because at the CCMT scale, icons are very smalls, and all main battle tanks seems identical (same for other vehicles : a US Bradley and a french VBCI have pretty the same look at this mini scale)

ScnelleMeyer, did you use these tools for your own work ?

I will just mod data parameters and names

#15: Re: French army mod Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 7:39 am
    —
Firstly: - ALL Graphics in CCMT need to be in the format of uncompressed, 16bit .TGA. This is mentioned in all the readme files for the tools as well.
If you dont have a graphics program that can save in this format, the RTB tool has a "Graphics file format conversion" function built in that can do the job. You find it under the File menu.

1. CC2Spriter will work to unpack the terrain files of any Close Combat game - see attached image below. It will not open all Graphics files of the game - no. There are other tools for those - for example RtB tool.

2. Tell me more about how you are trying to use FX Munger. - you are the first guy reporting a problem with that app as far as I know. What steps are you doing / what options do you choose within the programme?
- If you absolutely cant get FX munger to work - the RTB tool does the job just excellent too. You can try that instead.

The graphics are a very important feature of the game and of modding the game. Dont give up on implementing new graphics my friend.

CCSpriter.jpg
 Description:
CC2Spriter extracting terrain file graphics
 Filesize:  83.9 KB
 Viewed:  2165 Time(s)

CCSpriter.jpg

#16: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:27 am
    —
Yes, graphs are interessant, but the pb is : need lot of time to learn how to manage images, etc, and it is not exactly my speciality  Wink

What I just wish to do : to have french flag in place of US flag

Attached  are the 2 tga original files I extracted with CC2SPRITER (us flags, one = 100%, one = 5O%)

And in addition, attached are the 2 same files reworked in png with french flag (one=100%, one = 50%)

Could you please convert these 2 png reworked files in tga correct format and rebuilt the terrain file with CC2SPRITER ?

(on my Pc, it does not work : CC2SPRITER send a error message because my files are not in 16 bit format ; I tried to register them in bmp 16 colors, bmp 24 colors etc and it does not work)

Image0488.14.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  604 Bytes
 Viewed:  2156 Time(s)

Image0488.14.png

Image0449.14.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  200 Bytes
 Viewed:  2156 Time(s)

Image0449.14.png

#17: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:29 am
    —
seems that "attachment file" does not work for tga format

#18: Re: French army mod Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:02 am
    —
RTB tool has a "Graphics file format conversion" function built in that can do the job. You find it under the File menu.

Nice work on the flags. - Just use rtb tool to convert the graphics to 16.bit .tga and repack with CC2Spriter.

#19: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:15 am
    —
Cool : now, it works fine with RtB tool, and I have french flag in game Laughing

Thanks a lot for help  Wink  

I will try now for the vehicles, to see if it works also

FRENCH_FLAG.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  305.8 KB
 Viewed:  2141 Time(s)

FRENCH_FLAG.jpg

#20: Re: French army mod Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:25 am
    —
Lovely! Great job! - Modding is skills and knowledge and by being persistent and asking questions you will learn the techniques.

#21: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:36 am
    —
It's also work for vehicles with RtB tool (attached image). At this time, I just modified the hull, not vanilla turret (Bradley vehicle have now a french VBCI HULL)

This VBCI has no correct length, I will do better work later : it was just a technical test (attached is the image of VBCI un WSPMBT, I used this graph)

Very cool features : the WSPMBT graphs work perfect in CCMT, you have just to rework them a little bit about size.

Thanks again for help, ScnelleMeyer, RtB works fine for vehicles

The pb is now the amount of work ! Laughing  

Does the modifications requires to modify all 17 files in a TEX ? (I just modified the first and it works in game, but perhaps I am wrong and I have to modify the 17 files)

If needed to modify the 17 tga of a TEX file, the addition will be hard : 17 files for hull + 17 files for turret = 34 files for "normal look" x 3 (normal look, snow look, desert look) = 102 files for each vehicle x approx 20 vehicles =  2040 files Rolling Eyes

Last edited by stratweg on Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:14 pm; edited 5 times in total

WSPMBT_VBCI.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  153.68 KB
 Viewed:  1479 Time(s)

WSPMBT_VBCI.jpg

VBCI.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  772.34 KB
 Viewed:  1489 Time(s)

VBCI.jpg

#22: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:46 am
    —
Other question, please : After extracted the 17 tga files of the TEX file for Bradley "normal look" hull, I founded a txt file named "Hotpoint"

Here is the content of this file.

Does this content have a link with the coordinate for turrel on the hull ?
If ye, how to use it, please ?

If not :
1/ What is the function of this content ? What are the effect in case of modification of this content ?
2/ How calibrate the turrel position on the hull ? (if the new graph has heavy modification and turrel in other position than original CCMT graph)

// HotPoints table in plain ASCII for the file: aBradley_norm_hull_but.tex
// Comment lines are possible and will be ignored when repacking TEX file.
// Comment lines can start with / ; :   Blank lines will be ignored, too.
// First entry must be TEX Header-ID (single decimal value, usually 0..3)
0 // header-ID
// Next 17 lines with 4 hotpoints each. Entries can be separated by TAB, SPACE, ',' and/or ';'. Default is TAB.
14 29 14 29
14 29 14 29
14 29 14 29
14 29 14 29
14 29 14 29
14 29 14 29
14 29 14 29
14 29 14 29
14 29 14 29
14 29 14 29
14 29 14 29
14 29 14 29
14 29 14 29
14 29 14 29
14 29 14 29
14 29 14 29
14 29 14 29

EDIT : Concerning the technical pb with FX-MUNGER tool, it seems that my OS and the tool have conflict : each time I try to extract content of Tanks.azp file, I have the message "out of memory" and the process stop immediatly : only a little part of the files are extracted, lot are missing (I verified that after comparizon with the result of the process with RtB tool: RtB tool extract 100% of the files)

#23: Re: French army mod Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:15 pm
    —
"If needed to modify the 17 tga of a TEX file, the addition will be hard : 17 files for hull + 17 files for turret = 34 files for "normal aspect" x 3 (normal look, snow look, desert look) = 102 files for each vehicle Rolling Eyes"

I am not sure if more than the first of the 17 images are used ingame, but it is as simple as copying the first one and use a programme like "Bulk rename utility" to change the names of the 16 files.
To make it simple for the Snow and desert vehicles, you can just copy the normal .tex and rename to desert and snow like the stock graphic files.

The hotpoint file sets the position of the turret on the hull - its pivot point. Its counted in pixels from the top left corner of the hull graphic. X then Y. - Play around with it and you will easily see how it works. - I mean you can edit the hotpoint.txt file with Notepad.

#24: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:26 pm
    —
ok, thanks, I will do that :wink:

EDIT : I have some ideas to create alternative objectives for CCMT, they will upgrade the interest for this CC opus : to save civilians not armes peoples (cf UN mission),  and to destroy some materials by commando actions

#25: Re: French army mod Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:50 pm
    —
I am very much looking forward to test your ideas in the game. I was thinking of having "alternative" victory conditions for some scenarios in my Afghan-Soviet mod for CCMT as well. It can make the game a lot more interesting and give a new experience of the game overall.

#26: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 8:59 pm
    —
Is it a finished mod or a "in work" mod ?

If finished, would be great to get it Wink

#27: Re: French army mod Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:13 pm
    —
It is not finished unfortunately - but a lot of work has been put into it. Btw there is AMX-10 and AMX-30 graphics in the CC5 RSR mod if you need them

#28: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:30 am
    —
Yes, interessant. Have a link to CC5 RSR ? (I did not found it in CC5 mod list)

And question, please : have you any knowleges to convert maps of other opus in CCMT maps ? (would be interessant to have in CCMT all maps of CC5,CC TLD, CC GTC etc)

Does any tutorials exist ? And convert tool ? I saw last year something like a "tutorial scale map" in the forum but I did not remember the place where, because at this time I had no interest in CCMT modding (and I don't know if it is a usefull tutorial to convert maps)

#29: Re: French army mod Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:21 am
    —
OK there are tools and methods to convert any CC-map to any other game in the series. The tool you need is 5CC or you could use CC2Tools v5.02 to convert maps. - These tools have very good manuals for their use.

One thing to note is that CCMT requires that the mapgraphic is a perfect SQUARE. for maps that are not you just add black borders or whatever to make it square.

Some links specifically for converting Pitf/GtC maps - You should read everything before starting as the process was updated by other forum users;) :
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10365&t=284474
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=11020&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

#30: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:42 am
    —
Ok, thanks, I will get that to read it   Wink

I also found that:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=146

#31: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:02 am
    —
It is not finished unfortunately - but a lot of work has been put into it. Btw there is AMX-10 and AMX-30 graphics in the CC5 RSR mod if you need them

Have a link to CC5 RSR mod ?

Not founded in the download pages

#32: Re: French army mod Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:13 am
    —
RSR is in the download section: http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=1263

#33: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 10:31 am
    —
Ok, thanks Wink

Maps of this mod seem great, later I will try to convert  them in CCMT

#34: Re: French army mod Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 12:02 pm
    —
They are already converted - at least some of them - look in my upload folder

#35: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:52 pm
    —
ok, thanks for info

These days, I have downloaded so many files for CCMT that I haven't yet had time to look at them all in detail, I will do that in autumn and winter Laughing

#36: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 7:06 pm
    —
A sample of project : To create civilian groups (not armed = without weapons), civilian cars (not armed) and civilian trucks (bus, etc) not armed

And in addition, to create special immobilized vehicules in OPFOR oob to be destroyed by ARMY commandos (It will be an alternative game goal : objective of missions will be to destroy these vehicles, or other objects made with modified graphs : ammo depots, etc)

screen-CIVILIANS.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.08 MB
 Viewed:  1388 Time(s)

screen-CIVILIANS.jpg

#37: Re: French army mod Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2023 8:00 pm
    —
Interesting concept. In the US Marines version of CCMT - Close Combat Marines Anti-Terrorism (CCMAT) there was civillians, that could turn out to be opfor in disguise and suicide bombers and suicide cars (SVBIED's) Also there was claymores and a scripting system for missions allowing for quite advanced scenarios.

#38: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:52 pm
    —
I am also working to vampirize a USMC LVT to transform it in helico (with high transport capacity + very high velocity). I founded on the forum very nice shared helicos images and I will use them. Only pb : I did not noticed the name of author of these old graphs (for credits). If he recognize his work, he will has to contact me for credit.

These helicos will be used to build special mission with special objectives/conditions, and will upgrade the interest of CCMT I think.

I will also add "medical vehicles" with a house rule for human player : a unit that have wounded mens may not move if not in the green or yellow circle of a medical unit.

#39: Re: French army mod Author: corsairLocation: Orchies Northern France PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:33 am
    —
Hello to both of you

Because I am French and I am old enough to have made my 12 service months in the French army in the 90's
I would be very happy to help if you need.....
I have some experience of modding CC even I am not an expert.
One remark:
You can't have VBCI in the game and soldiers using FSA 49/56.
This rifle has been removed from inventory at the beginning of the 90's.
If you want to have real modern French equipment as of today then soldiers shall have at least Famas or even the HK rifle.
(that is just an example)
Cheers

#40: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:06 pm
    —
Hello, I am french too Wink

Quand même dingue qu'on en arrive à parler Anglais entre français    Twisted Evil

Thanks for military infos, at this time I am thinking about to add transport helicos in game (Cougar or Puma)

#41: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:29 pm
    —
New helicos are on the battlefield...

For testing, I used one helico icon I founded in RedstormRising mod

I will create mine later and also adapt the shadow

These helicos may transport 2 combat group (of x10 men each).  They move very quicly and may fire with 12,7 mm MG

The present map is urban map but helicos have to be used in "rural maps" (if not, pilots seem use to fly over the streets and they refuse to fly over houses Mr. Green ) . But they fly over streams and other grounds without pb

HELICOS.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  855.92 KB
 Viewed:  1743 Time(s)

HELICOS.jpg

#42: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 6:26 pm
    —
French helicos have now their normal shadows.

With large transport capacity, they are very usefull to do flank movements or to transport quicly inf teams to far positions

They also will allow escape/save civilian missions/scenarios

HELICOS.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.09 MB
 Viewed:  1684 Time(s)

HELICOS.jpg

#43: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:46 am
    —
Implemented a drone team in the oob, very funny.

This new little unit (only 2 mens) comes with new weapon (AP weapon) and neaw sound (flying drone + grenade explosion), and it works like a long range mortar  or grenade launcher (I will see the best).

This team send a drone that itself may launch AP grenade Vs ennemy infantry teams

Actually, gadget image and ammo parameters are wrong (just used for test)

Used sound is attached for those who want to use it for their own mods

Drone.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.12 MB
 Viewed:  1640 Time(s)

Drone.jpg

Drone+explosion_sound.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Drone+explosion_sound.rar
 Filesize:  564.83 KB
 Downloaded:  53 Time(s)

#44: Re: French army mod Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:43 pm
    —
Great inovating thinking and implementation of a modern system in this old game.

#45: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:56 pm
    —
In my opinion, it's a real pity that CCMT opus did not have  more success, because the perfect editor allows to buil very difficult missions for human player. If we gives to IA some support arty, things become hard to win... I will try to give it some new interests to be played.

I work slow because I have to learn the CC modding technics in the same time (due to my problems with english language, I had some difficulties to identify the columns that have to be used in data book to create links between teams, soldiers, weapons and sounds)

#46: Re: French army mod Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:31 pm
    —
Feel free to ask here or PM me on Discord. I am actually amazed at how much you have learned and done in such a short time.

#47: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:34 pm
    —
Ok, thanks

At this time, some questions are a little bit obscur.

One is this : Did you try to create some air unit "on the map" ? (not air support : air unit that may be used directly on map, like other ground units)

I did not serious attempt by lack of time but I will do in these days (I tried one time to give the class 6 to a unit (air unit class), but game crashed

#48: Re: French army mod Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 2:25 am
    —
No, I never tried to create a onmap air unit. But they are found in some mods for PITF/GTC. They have to be coded as a vehicle. I believe
It is possible to have them fly over houses too, but that means dedicating a one of the "movement classes" in elements.txt to air units. For example the "truck" movement class. And then make the "truck class" be able to move across any building element like it was open ground.

#49: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:36 am
    —
Thanks for info, very interessant.

I have taken a look in data book and I have seen interessant columns (20 to 24) in "Elements". I will later try to use the halftrack class (unused for modern warfare) to create a class veh with ability to move over buildings.

#50: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:00 am
    —
A short sample of difficulties with english language in modding

In columns 25 & 26 of "vehicles" (Data book), we find that : "Is crewman exposed to fire this weapon? 0=False, 1=True

But the problem is that these words may have 2 significations :

1- a Crewman is exposed to use this weapon (crewman of the vehicle is exposed when he uses the weapon)
2- a Crewman (ennemy) is exposed to receive fire of this weapon

In french, it may not occur any confusion because words are very different in each case.

But in english... Oh my good^^  : I translated "Is crewman exposed to fire this weapon?" in a english-french translator and I received the 2 significations at the same time Mr. Green

In this case, the good option is 1.

But each time a french modder works, he encouters this kind of problems. The good aspect of the situation is that we learn with modding to understand english language Cool

#51: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:24 am
    —
A question, please : Is it allowed to add some new graphs in azp files and gadget files  ? Or may we just vampirize/change existing graphs ?

#52: Re: French army mod Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:31 am
    —
Azp - Yes, gadget - No

#53: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:52 am
    —
ok cool, thanks.

In Tanks.azp, the list of TEX files appears with that kind of names  : gme109_norm_hull_but (this name is the name of the TEX that contains helico in RSR mod)

Is there a "rule" to give a correct name to a new TEX file ?

EDIT : Founded the "rule" : if the TEX is (by sample) named "aM1A2_norm_hull_but", you have to enter "aM1A2" in the data books in the concerned column

So, if your new graph is named "aMynewgraph_norm_hull_but", you have to enter "aMynewgraph" in the data books in the concerned column

Is that right ?

#54: Re: French army mod Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:30 am
    —
Correct ????????

#55: Re: French army mod Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:30 am
    —
Correct Very Happy

#56: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:13 am
    —
ok, thanks Wink

And another questions, please : In datebook / Blue team (or red team), there is a column named "Team class number. " (Col N° 3)

1°/ I searched in "Soldiers", "vehicle" and "weapons", and I did not found any "link" between this team "class parameter" and vehicules, weapons or soldiers parameters columns

So, my question is : What is the role of this parameter ? (what is it used for ?) => Perhaps used for something that is hardcoded ?

2°/ And in addition, I noticed that this list of class parameter (column 3) is sometime not "continuous" : sample = > in vanilla "blue teams" , teams of line 12(Soldier-M203)
and team of line 53 (C-HunterKiller Tm) have the same "team class" parameter, that is 7

Logically, the "team class" parameter of C-Hunterkiller team should have been = 48, and not 7 because the team is between 47 and 49 in the team class column.

This case is the only curious case I founded in the list of the "team class" column (Column N° 3) : all others are continuous from 0 to 148, only this one is "7" and not "48" as it should be.

Is there any logical reason for that ?
Edit : After thinking, I presume that is a mistake from a dev, who has made a "copy-past" and he has forgotten to rectify the order of the list (I did exactly same mistake with a copy-past during modding work in this colum, and it's probably the same reason for what we find 7 in place of 48 in the column N° 3

EDIT : I noticed also that modern T90 russian tank is missing in game, I will add it. I have the entire shp graphs collection of WSPMBT, that are editable with a program named "shpeditor" (made by Fred Chandla) and these graphs work fine for CC, just needed to resize them a little bit.

EDIT : And Another 3° question, please : In Databook ("Vehicles"), there is a column named : "Total number of  mounts on vehicle.  Range = 0 - 6" (Col N° 117).  My translator (Deep L) gave me obscur return in french and I do not understand what is the role of this parameters : is it the number of "support weapons" or the number of "conductor mens" (pilots) that are in the vehicle ? (or other thing ?)
I thibnk it is not really the number of crew because this specific parameter is set in col 124

The pb is the sense of the "mount" word : very obscur sense is returned when I use English-french translator : the return is the french word "Monture". But in french, monture is a word that may have lot of very different sense :  "horse", part of glasses, etc depending of the context use ("Monture" is a very vague word in french, a not very clear word, it may be used in lot different formulations)

Other return for "mount" in french is the french word :"Support".  But same pb, "support" mays have more lot of different senses in french Rolling Eyes (support weapons, supports in football, support of an object, support of a construction, etc)

Perhaps is it the number of weapons that are present on the vehicle ? (I noticed that the paramater is always =2 except in some cases, where it is set = 0 or 1)
This hypothesis seems correct if I consider the column 127, that use the words "monted weapons"
But this same hypothesis seems at the same time not correct, because (by sample) M1A2 Abrams MBT (vehicles - line 5) has 3 turret guns (colomns 61,62 and 63), and his column "number of mount" (col N° 117) is set =2

Or perhaps is it the number of structures (hull, turret) on the vehicle ? But in this case, seems curious to have the "number of mount" parameter = 2 (col 117) for aircrafts like Tornado GR 4 (Vehicles, line N°73)

EDIT : According with "Geneve convention" and civilized rules, CCMT has now medical units (attached image)
Medical assistance has 2 ways :
1/ Infantry medical team
2/ Medical vehicle (ambulance)

The following "medical house rule" will be obligatory for human player :
=> When a unit has wounded (men with their status displayed in red, but dead men do not count), it can fire, move or change its status only if it is within the radius (circle) of any medical unit (otherwise, others soldiers are considered to be tied up in providing emergency first aid to the wounded).
If the number of wounded men is greater than 3, the medical unit must be a vehicle (infantry medical units have in this case no effect).

I will also implement medical helicos, with same house rule

But human player would have to be carefull
: Opponent force will not respect the Geneve convention and will fire to try to destroy medical teams and medical vehicles Rolling Eyes

MEDICAL.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.11 MB
 Viewed:  1448 Time(s)

MEDICAL.jpg

#57: Re: French army mod Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:22 pm
    —
1. What is the role of this parameter ? (what is it used for ?) => Perhaps used for something that is hardcoded ?

I dont know how the game uses this, but as you write - this number needs to be a continuous sequence.

2. Is there any logical reason for that ?
Edit : After thinking, I presume that is a mistake from a dev, who has made a "copy-past" and he has forgotten to rectify the order of the list (I did exactly same mistake with a copy-past during modding work in this colum, and it's probably the same reason for what we find 7 in place of 48 in the column N° 3

I think you are correct - and good catch!

3. EDIT : And Another 3° question, please : In Databook ("Vehicles"), there is a column named : "Total number of  mounts on vehicle.  Range = 0 - 6" (Col N° 117).  My translator (Deep L) gave me obscur return in french and I do not understand what is the role of this parameters : is it the number of "support weapons" or the number of "conductor mens" (pilots) that are in the vehicle ? (or other thing ?)

Just use "1" for guns and vehicles without any guns mounted in "turrets", and "2 for tanks" and other vehicles and aircraft with turrets. The vehicle doesnt actually need to have a turret in reality, just that it has weapon(s) mounted in the "turret" positions for game purposes. - Then it should have 2 mounts.

#58: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:25 pm
    —
ok, thanks a lot for these informations : all is more clear  Wink

Now, CCMT has a complete medical service :

- Medical inf teams (for team that have less than 2-3 wounded mens)
- Medical veh (for teams that have more than 3 wounded mens)
- Medical helicos (same)

Helicos graph and shadows are actually not correct (my medical helicos are a little bit "warriors helicos"), but I will rectify later hraphs and shadows = seems to be a long work to mod shadows)

If a team that need medical assistance is not in the circle of a medical team, human player may not use it to move, fire or change positions/orders : this "house rule" will complicate a little bit the missions vs AI

I have also added civilians and assistance team, to allow "civilian saving missions"

Next goal is to add  destructor teams (commandos), I will try to use the claymor mine weapon (I saw it in "Weapons").

HEL_MED.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.11 MB
 Viewed:  1339 Time(s)

HEL_MED.jpg

#59: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:05 pm
    —
Seems that commando Enginners (GENIE Cdo in french) have high power of destruction (but with short range : 50 m)

They will come with low ammo, low crew (x4 mens) and this "house rule" : In destruction missions, only GENIE Cdo will be allowed to fire to destroy ennemy objective (materials, supply depot or vehicles)

GENIE_CDO.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.12 MB
 Viewed:  1315 Time(s)

GENIE_CDO.jpg

#60: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:52 pm
    —
Some things are at this time a little bit obscur for me, somes informations would be great please  Wink

I - ENGLISH TO FRENCH TRANSLATION PROBLEMS WITH TERMS IN DATEBOOK WEAPONS

Number of rounds in each burst  : What does it means ? rounds and burst are hard words to understand in french

Number of rounds per clip : same for "clip"

Number of clips : same for "clips"

Causes backblast ? I thinks it means "blast return effect danger", but not sure

II - PROBLEM TO UNDERSTAND SOME MATHS FORMULES - IN "WEAPONS"

Maths in english are really not my cup of tea Rolling Eyes

Point Blank blast radius < weapon blast radius * 0.25, minimum (same element).  Range = 0+ : What does it means ?

Close blast < weapon blast radius * 0.5, minimum 2m.  Range = 0+  : Same pb

III - PROBLEMS WITH "MODIFIERS" - IN "WEAPONS"

The range in meters that the Point Blank modifier ends
The range in meters that the Close Range modifier ends.
The range in meters that the Medium Range modifer ends.

Easy to translate, but... what are these 3 modifiers and how do they work ?

IV - PROBLEMN TO UNDERSTAND THE GOAL OF THIS PARAMETER :
(Column N° 93 in BLUE TEAM)
Total amount of ammunition initially carried by the team.

Concerning point IV, I founded this on the CCMT MATRIX FORUM forum :
(I attached the thread, registered in html format, in a winrar file : Title of the thread was "What is total Ammo Count ?"

But due to the difficulty to translate "round", "burst" and "clip" in french, it's a little bit difficult to understand explanations

THE QUESTION WAS THAT: (Same question as I have today)
The very last row of data in the Red and Blue Teams txt files is called "Ammo Count". What is this? Is this the total rifle ammo, the total MG ammo, the total of all combined ammo? Then it says "max ammo count is arbitrary". Does that mean the field isn't all that important? [&:]
   Total amount of ammunition initially carried by the team. Range = 0 - 8000. Max ammo count is arbitrary

AND THE ANSWER WAS THAT :
It is the total ammo combined...for all weapon systems relating to whatever "line" you are looking at - If it is a "team" it is the total ammo count of all weapons systems that make up that team - And it is valuble in the sense that it lets you know how much ammo one has......in total...

For a soldiers, Start with a value of 1 and then total up the number of 'shots' he can fire with each weapon (shots = clips * rounds per clip / rounds per burst), modified as follows:
* Smoke ammo does not count.
* Multiply crewed weapon 'shots' by 20.
* Multiply grenade weapon 'shots' by 3.
* Multiply secondary weapon shots by 1/3 (i.e. divide by 3).
* Multiply mortar shots by 2.

So for a soldier with 8 clips of 30 rounds for an M16, 4 frag and 2 smoke grenades, the ammo count is 1 + (8 * 30 / 1) + (4 * 3) + (0 * 2) = 253.
For vehicles the ammo count is 1 + the sum of all the 'shots' (as defined
above) of all ammo types for all weapons on the vehicle, modified as
follows:
* Multiply shots for the 'best gun' weapon on the vehicle by 50.

So the LAV-25 with 2 x smoke dischargers (16 x 0), 1 x 25mm Cannon w/ (3 x 150 / 6 * 50), and 2 x M240G MMG (9 * 160 / 6) = 1 + 3750 + 240 = 3991

What is total Ammo Count.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  What is total Ammo Count.rar
 Filesize:  22.52 KB
 Downloaded:  48 Time(s)

#61: Re: French army mod Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:32 pm
    —
stratweg wrote (View Post):
Some things are at this time a little bit obscur for me, somes informations would be great please  Wink

I - ENGLISH TO FRENCH TRANSLATION PROBLEMS WITH TERMS IN DATEBOOK WEAPONS

Number of rounds in each burst  : What does it means ? rounds and burst are hard words to understand in french
A round is one shot/bullet, a burst is several shots/rounds in a series - for example a machinegun will fire series of several shots - Bursts.

Number of rounds per clip : same for "clip"
How many shots per magazine or clip

Number of clips : same for "clips"
How many magazines/clips for this weapon is carried

Causes backblast ? I thinks it means "blast return effect danger", but not sure
A bazooka and panzerschreck has backblast. In the game its there to have a graphical effect when these weapons fire.

II - PROBLEM TO UNDERSTAND SOME MATHS FORMULES - IN "WEAPONS"

Maths in english are really not my cup of tea Rolling Eyes

Point Blank blast radius < weapon blast radius * 0.25, minimum (same element).  Range = 0+ : What does it means ?

Close blast < weapon blast radius * 0.5, minimum 2m.  Range = 0+  : Same pb

Please ask these questions on the Matrix forums. - I dont have time to answer now.

III - PROBLEMS WITH "MODIFIERS" - IN "WEAPONS"

The range in meters that the Point Blank modifier ends
The range in meters that the Close Range modifier ends.
The range in meters that the Medium Range modifer ends.

Easy to translate, but... what are these 3 modifiers and how do they work ?

Weapons have 4 ranges were accuracy and effect (penetration) can be set in data: Point blank, close, medium, long. Here you choose how range to target will affect the accuracy of the shot.

IV - PROBLEMN TO UNDERSTAND THE GOAL OF THIS PARAMETER :
(Column N° 93 in BLUE TEAM)
Total amount of ammunition initially carried by the team.

Concerning point IV, I founded this on the CCMT MATRIX FORUM forum :
(I attached the thread, registered in html format, in a winrar file : Title of the thread was "What is total Ammo Count ?"

But due to the difficulty to translate "round", "burst" and "clip" in french, it's a little bit difficult to understand explanations

THE QUESTION WAS THAT: (Same question as I have today)
The very last row of data in the Red and Blue Teams txt files is called "Ammo Count". What is this? Is this the total rifle ammo, the total MG ammo, the total of all combined ammo? Then it says "max ammo count is arbitrary". Does that mean the field isn't all that important? [&:]
   Total amount of ammunition initially carried by the team. Range = 0 - 8000. Max ammo count is arbitrary

AND THE ANSWER WAS THAT :
It is the total ammo combined...for all weapon systems relating to whatever "line" you are looking at - If it is a "team" it is the total ammo count of all weapons systems that make up that team - And it is valuble in the sense that it lets you know how much ammo one has......in total...

For a soldiers, Start with a value of 1 and then total up the number of 'shots' he can fire with each weapon (shots = clips * rounds per clip / rounds per burst), modified as follows:
* Multiply crewed weapon 'shots' by 20.
* Multiply grenade weapon 'shots' by 3.
* Multiply secondary weapon shots by 1/3 (i.e. divide by 3).
* Multiply mortar shots by 2.

So for a soldier with 8 clips of 30 rounds for an M16, 4 frag and 2 smoke grenades, the ammo count is 1 + (8 * 30 / 1) + (4 * 3) + (0 * 2) = 253.
For vehicles the ammo count is 1 + the sum of all the 'shots' (as defined
above) of all ammo types for all weapons on the vehicle, modified as
follows:
* Multiply shots for the 'best gun' weapon on the vehicle by 50.

So the LAV-25 with 2 x smoke dischargers (16 x 0), 1 x 25mm Cannon w/ (3 x 150 / 6 * 50), and 2 x M240G MMG (9 * 160 / 6) = 1 + 3750 + 240 = 3991

#62: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:21 pm
    —
Ok, great : thanks for informations Wink

#63: Re: French army mod Author: ke_mechial PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 5:06 pm
    —
It's also work for vehicles with RtB tool (attached image). At this time, I just modified the hull, not vanilla turret (Bradley vehicle have now a french VBCI HULL)

This VBCI has no correct length, I will do better work later : it was just a technical test (attached is the image of VBCI un WSPMBT, I used this graph)

Very cool features : the WSPMBT graphs work perfect in CCMT, you have just to rework them a little bit about size.

Thanks again for help, ScnelleMeyer, RtB works fine for vehicles

The pb is now the amount of work ! Laughing  

Does the modifications requires to modify all 17 files in a TEX ? (I just modified the first and it works in game, but perhaps I am wrong and I have to modify the 17 files)

If needed to modify the 17 tga of a TEX file, the addition will be hard : 17 files for hull + 17 files for turret = 34 files for "normal look" x 3 (normal look, snow look, desert look) = 102 files for each vehicle x approx 20 vehicles =  2040 files Rolling Eyes

It is nice that you benefit from SPMBT   Wink  Nice, good work!

#64: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:43 pm
    —
Thanks Wink  I had a little lack of time during last weeks, but work will continue

#65: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:13 pm
    —
I plane to introduce flamethrower as weapon in CCMT

Attached is the sound

I have found appropriates parameters in databook, but the pb is : how to set a correct animation flame in the game ?

I will search in azp effects, using tools, but before to begin, I would want to know if someone has already tried to work in this direction : to add flamethrower effect in CCMT.

I ask me if perhaps I could not use a flamethrower animation of CC5 or other (if there is in)

EDIT : When I unpack the Effect AZP file, I obtain a list of named with "FEX" extension.

But I am unable to open them. Any information about these files ?

FLAME_THROWER.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  FLAME_THROWER.rar
 Filesize:  166.87 KB
 Downloaded:  49 Time(s)

#66: Re: French army mod Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:44 am
    —
I believe the CC5 for CCMT mod has flamethrowers, so you can check its data. If I'm not mistaken the graphics for flamethrowers are already in the graphics files. In the Effects.azp. so there should be no need to edit anything graphically. There is a tool (command line) to unpack .fx files. I don't have time to describe now, but its in the DL section and more instructions are fou d if you search in the modding forum.

#67: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:23 am
    —
Ok, thanks : I founded it

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=571

But seems to be a old dos program, and it does not open on my OS (it opens just one second a little dark windows, that closes itself immediatly without any explanation message).

EDIT : Tried with Dosbox : Dosbox works correctly with this CCFx tool, but I receive a windows message that says this program can't be lunched in DOS mode.

Seems :
1- It's not a dos program
2- It doesn't run under my OS (W7) - Tried compatibility mods, etc = no different result

#68: Re: French army mod Author: sample PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:26 pm
    —
Ok, thanks : I founded it

http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Downloads&op=getit&lid=571

But seems to be a old dos program, and it does not open on my OS (it opens just one second a little dark windows, that closes itself immediatly without any explanation message).

EDIT : Tried with Dosbox : Dosbox works correctly with this CCFx tool, but I receive a windows message that says this program can't be lunched in DOS mode.

Seems :
1- It's not a dos program
2- It doesn't run under my OS (W7) - Tried compatibility mods, etc = no different result

you can check Mafi's excelent tools here:

https://closecombat2.hpage.com/guidelist.html

https://closecombat2.jimdofree.com/tool-downloads/

RtBTool - it works on Win XP and Win 10 OS

regards,

\m/

#69: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:52 pm
    —
Thanks a lot for links, I run to download  Wink

#70: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:55 pm
    —
Another data questions, please : Not translation pb, just logical pb :

FIRST QUESTION :

In WEAPONS, we have col 111 : "HOW MOUNTED", with choices :

0=MAIN
1=HULL
2=COAXIAL
3=AA
4=REAR

IN VEHICLES, We have some columns concerning the "mount" : 6,7,8 (hull guns) and 61,62,63 (turret guns)

If in "WEAPONS" (col 111) I set a weapon as "hull mounted" (code=1), have I the obligation to set this weapon as "hull weapon" in VEHICLES ? (col 6,7 or 8)

I think the answer is "yes" but I prefer to ask for a specialist in ccmt modding, I am now just student Wink  

SECOND QUESTION
IN VEHICLES, We have columns concerning the "mount" : 6,7,8 (hull guns) and 61,62,63 (turret guns) : a vehicle may have max 6 guns

This question has 3 mini questions in :
a/ May a vehicule have no weapon ? (code = -1 for the 6 columns)
b/ Column 117 in VEHICLES is named : "Number of mounts" : I think it is the number of weapons that have the vehicle. Is-it right ?
c/ If a vehicule may have 0 weapon (code=-1 in all col 6,7,8,61,62,63), is it allowed to set the col 117= 0 ?

It would be usefull to my project to create units like drones reco without weapons but heavy armored (protection) parameters : I will create some vehicles with very fast speed without any weapon and hard to shot = drones (the high protection will replace the "invisibility" Razz
These drones would be with very little graph and not easy visible on map...

And in addition, there will be attack drones with AT capacities...

Also interessant to create Ambulance medical APC with transport capacity for teams that are haevy damaged

CCM has really increadible modding possibilities to (try to) modelize modern combat conditions ; we have just to add some little "house rules" vs AI : very interessant way

#71: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:11 pm
    —
up for Schellemeyer  Wink : just in case you missd my above 2 data questions

#72: Re: French army mod Author: ScnelleMeyer PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:05 pm
    —
Hi again, looks like you are really taking on modding this game in a lot of creative ways. Looking forward to trying your mods when they are ready.

OK, first question:
I don't know - why dont you try it and see how the game behaves - if its running or you get a crash or whatever.

Second question:
a) Yes, have you not noticed the unarmed trucks and cars in the stock game?
b) No, this is either 1 or 2 -look at the entries of the stock game. If you have turreted vehicle its 2, if its for example a gun its 1.
c) I don't know - again you can test it and see for yourself.

#73: Re: French army mod Author: stratwegLocation: France PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:25 pm
    —
Ok, thanks for reply Wink

About first question : You are right, I will try and see (but I hate crash games, it's each time a trauma : I am a very carefully modder Razz )

About second question :Your are right again, it's was a "student mistake" of my part : you had already answered for col 117 VEHICLES and I had forgotten the answer, I found it again in my notes : Col 117 VEHICLES  does not mean "total of mounted guns" as I though, so my question has no any logical  sense

And yes, the generic mod will give CCMT a very different "way of game" : after lot of games vs AI on different maps, I know how AI work and I will adjust all parameters to test and see how AI works with my parameters

And thanks again, your modding help is very usefull, I am now in better conditions to understand the global modding process in CCMT and to try new ways for this game Wink

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Modern Tactics

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1