Help 'BoB String Error'
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Help 'BoB String Error' Author: akulla PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:59 pm
    —
Hallo everybody.

I've a problem. When a friend and I try to start a multiplayer campaig for CC5 Berlin Mod appear the following message: "CC5 String Error" and the game come back to windows. Anyone can help me? Confused

#2:  Author: sobibor PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:43 am
    —
Someone in this forum told me that it's a mod error, but I don't now if the problem has been fixed recently.

#3:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:51 am
    —
I have sad many times before, in the read me for the mod it says; this has not been tested in multiplayer....

Mats :zzz

#4:  Author: akulla PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 2:40 pm
    —
Sapa wrote:
I have sad many times before, in the read me for the mod it says; this has not been tested in multiplayer....

Thanks for help,but i found error in mod Razz
Sorry fo my english

#5:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:57 am
    —
Which errors? (except the turret rotations and the white smoke when the vehicles fires allso mentioned in the read me...)

#6:  Author: akulla PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:53 am
    —
Sapa wrote:
Which errors? (except the turret rotations and the white smoke when the vehicles fires allso mentioned in the read me...)

You think "CC5 String Error" is not error in your's mod Question

#7:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:47 am
    —
Is CC5 Battle of Berlin Mod the only one with this error, how many mods have you played? One of the reasons you make a read me is that people should read it, but the next time i will skip it because it seems that no one reads it.When i made the mod i made it playable as singleplayer because at that time i only had a 56 modem and didnt like the idea of playiing it on the net....

I was in the work with version 2 but it seems more and more like i should concentrate on other things.It will be nice to see when YOU make any mod for CC5, dont bother to make a read me for it....

We spent almost a year making the maps and the mod without making one single dollar on it! I am sure that SouthernLand really likes to read these kind of opinion.The next project we are working on looks like to be a mod playable for only three persons, WITH a read me....

Mats Sad

#8:  Author: akulla PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:53 pm
    —
What with you? 1)For LAN play you not need internet.2)Mod is good and i only needed help.3)Now I know where lain problema with `String Error`.
Sorry if what...
P.S.make still mods for CC5

#9:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:23 am
    —
Sorry, but i am a little tired of the Mulitplayer-Lan error question when i have written about it and people stills asks about it...

Recomend you to play as Germans (hero) against the Russians (recruit) force morale on and timer for 15 minutes and i think you will have a rather nice game even in single player.

I will try to fix it to version 2 but i must admit i really dont now why it doesnt work online.....have you both installed the 5.01 patch? Are you playing on XP or Win98? What is your screen seetings? 800 x 600, 1024 X 768?

Mats Embarassed

#10:  Author: akulla PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:08 pm
    —
Sapa,I alredy said.I found where laid error with LAN play,and i play now with my friend LAN without 'CC5 String Error' Smile

Recomend you to play as Germans (hero) against the Russians (recruit) force morale on and timer for 15 minutes and i think you will have a rather nice game even in single player.

I can play as German(super super hero),but AI is super super idiot.Try play with friend's that is nice game!!!

P.S: I play now (LAN) as German (normal) v.s. my friend(normal), it is hard Smile

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1