Is there a pilot in the Tanks ?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

#1: Is there a pilot in the Tanks ? Author: Bleu31Location: PARIS PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:06 pm
    —
I'm a great fan , addicted to the CCV mods, especially GJS serie, and now i just discovered a new drug, : stalingrad.
BUT,
but,
Some days (i mean nights of games with friends) i'm near to fall in madness watching my tanks dancing like bloody a......es instead of obey and running to the ordered marching point. Confused Mad
Infantery obey, artillery too,
In CCV moving with tanks is risking to lose them due to wrong moves.
Tanks moves as if they acting in "saterday night fever", and die after the dance.
A panther/firefly isn't Travolta !! Embarassed

Is there any solution to fix that ?

#2:  Author: LapsedPacifistLocation: UK PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:26 pm
    —
I believe tank pathing is a long running problem in CC and many modders have tried to fix it to little result.

Guess we just have to live with it. But then I suppose, in the heat of battle, guns sounding, smoke and noise, and the adrenalin rush such mistakes were made in real life. Add to that the difficulty tanks do have in crossing some terrain types and it isn't that unrealistic.

The only thing which can make it slightly better is modding the elements.adb file to make some terrain easier for tanks to traverse but then that can unbalance the game.

Only thing i can suggest is what I do - micromanage your tanks and if you see them doing something you weren't expecting tell them to stop and re-issue the order. Just try and keep your front to the enemy and hope they haven't got any special AP rounds left!

#3: Re: Is there a pilot in the Tanks ? Author: AT_kampf PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:24 pm
    —
Bleu31 wrote:
I'm a great fan , addicted to the CCV mods, especially GJS serie, and now i just discovered a new drug, : stalingrad.
BUT,
but,
Some days (i mean nights of games with friends) i'm near to fall in madness watching my tanks dancing like bloody a......es instead of obey and running to the ordered marching point. Confused Mad
Infantery obey, artillery too,
In CCV moving with tanks is risking to lose them due to wrong moves.
Tanks moves as if they acting in "saterday night fever", and die after the dance.
A panther/firefly isn't Travolta !! Embarassed

Is there any solution to fix that ?

it is a problem with the cc engine ,, there are ways to try combat it here's mine

i only use the sneak and move button plus only move the tank in 30 to 50 mtr no more and try to use straight line to move
its slower way but it does reduce this problem
ps tanks are a nightmare to move in combat in real life so maybe its that

#4:  Author: RedScorpionLocation: Neverland PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:00 am
    —
set waypoints

#5: agreed. Author: ANZAC_TackLocation: Australia PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 6:28 am
    —
its almost all down to the maps elements.

cc3 the tanks drove 50% better, hundrens of metres, with waypoints or without, ccv the tanks drivers got drunk!

but cc3 the tanks did a dance of firing death, that is they see a enemt tank, turn turrent,pause, turn body, pause, turn turrent, then fire back, if not flaming..."dance of death"
some maps wont even let you drive down them(takes 20M moves), some in gjs(hottot and another with large firld in middle,u shaped road to south) are

Close Combat Series -> Tech Support

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1