ongoing crashes in h2h GC (sas3.5)
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: ongoing crashes in h2h GC (sas3.5) Author: Vernichter1816 PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:17 pm
    —
Currently i'm playing the SAS 3.5 GC with a friend of mine. But we have a huge Problem right now. Everytime we fight for Azeville there is some sort of crash (CtD, the 00:00 crash, crashing when agreeing on a truce like the 00:00 crash, game stops etc.).
Right at the beginnig were able to complete 2 battles on the map, though. But on the 8th the map decided to crash everytime, we tried it 5 times, then we decided to skip the map with a truce right at the beginning, which worked out. On the 9th we tried it again but it was like before ...

Both PCs have the same DirectX version, Patch is applied and so on.

Any ideas Question Question Question

#2:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:01 am
    —
This also happens in GJS. Trucing the battle a few times works like you said.... Somethings I havent tried....

1. Switch the host for that 1 map
2. Do not use support
3. Try UDP/TCP.IP connection instead of Direct Play
4. Make sure ABSOLUTLY NOTHING is running in the background while your playing CC5
5. Fresh install of CC5 and SAS, make sure the patches and mods you use all come from the same website (some sites have different versions)

These are all generic answers but we can only work through the problem, not fix it. (for now atleast) If you try any of these suggestions and it works... Post your solution! Everyone has this problem.

#3: Problem solved? (at least we hope so) Author: Vernichter1816 PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:43 pm
    —
Ok, today we played again. This time it worked out, not a single crash at all! I still can't believe it.
But now to the hard facts:
- we already switched the hosts before i started the thread. The other computer was just unbearable as host!
- we played via LAN ( my pc is behind a router so i can't play via net)
- reinstalls etc. were also done prior to my post...
- no other programs were running
- only thing we changed this time: we set the cc5.exe to win 98 compability (both PCs XP) mode and went after every (!) battle back to the command screen...

Btw: Support was already assigned, so we couldn't take it back but it seems it wasn't the problem...

I just don't know if we just had a lucky day or if we solved really the problem...
Hopefully the former Confused

#4:  Author: RedScorpionLocation: Neverland PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 9:32 am
    —
Surprised i hate to disappoint you, but i dont think there is a simple fix for this - luck id call it. iv no idea what causes this, really not, but it requires some changes somewhere to fix this.
LAN seems to work fine, not too many crashes - some guys can play an entire gc without one single crash... connection? file corruption? Shocked

#5:  Author: Vernichter1816 PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:35 pm
    —
Hmm, might be luck but we played again today and still no crashes. Hopefully it will stay this way. Right now it seems to work out.

But I don't think that you can say that LAN works better overall, as I posted before we had serious connection problems prior to the measures mentioned above. I played with some other friends via LAN and most of the time we had the probs I described earlier.

On the other hand I really can't understand why cc5 behaves like this, there are other games out there that should cause much more traffic and they run stable.
I mean, to be honest, the AI is just shit, so I can't think of any other way than playing H2H, the Solo campaigns are just useful for introductional purposes. This should have been obvious to the programmers also, so I can't think of any excuse for this buggy multiplayer script, or the still missing, all problems solving, patch.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1