Strategic advice...
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Gold, Juno, Sword

#1: Strategic advice... Author: MassivattackLocation: St Priest (France) PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:15 pm
    —
Here the scenario: For some day I have tried to chase 12th Pz SS of Colombelle. I succeeded in pushing back these forces on the other side of the river in the north.
The German force are composed of at least 5 armoured tank ( Panther) whereas I have nothing any more but some PIAT or AT gun to face...
My question is : how to cross this rotten bridge without being made draw above like a rabbit ?
A positive point all the same: the German troops being encircled, have neither ammunition any more, nor fuel.
Is the this reason for which, the tanks does not move or is this due to the bad IA ?
is it possible to win a battle if the opponent has a full lack of ammunition or fuel ?
I hope that you will help me to find a solution great strategists you are ! Wink If not I am afraid which this pocket will still be there after German capitulation...

#2:  Author: HistoryTeachesLocation: Germany PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:28 pm
    —
1.yes the tanks don´t move because they lack of fuel
2. you can win a battle if the enemy lack of fuel and ammo, but you have to fight them still (they won´t give up the ground so easily)

i suggest you assign air and artillery support to your unit, so you can take out the tanks without endangering your troops
also heavy use of smoke might help you to get across the river

sometimes it is necessary to suffer heavy casualties to gain an objective

#3:  Author: mooxe PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:07 pm
    —
Heavy smoke! Use scout teams to sneak up into the train wreck in the middle. This battle should be just for securing ground to launch an attack next round. Scouts teams will "capture" more ground than a regular rifle squad if I recall correctly.

#4:  Author: MassivattackLocation: St Priest (France) PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:11 pm
    —
These first advice brought their fruits : A little smoke enabled to make one of the panther blind (a real buccaneer Laughing ).
Another anti-tank gun at the right place enabled me to neutralize two others of them... Twisted Evil
Result, some pioneer succeeded in creating a head of bridge. I preferred to use this unit which even if it is a little slower, is more efficient against a possible armoured tank met

Thanx again, we often forget the use of smoke.
But it's not finished...

#5:  Author: Vman PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 1:08 pm
    —
Crossing bridges is so fun!

I remember one time I crossed a bridge with nearly 2/3 of my force. I used my mortars to lay smoke on the bridge and ahead of it. I also used my guns and machine gunners to fire at possible enemy locations to keep them suppressed while the charge was occurring. Once my men made it past the bridge they found suitable defensive positions and held up until the rest of the battle. I also sent a recon team to capture strategic points all over the map. The battle after that was a slaughter, they had no chance, I had them completely circled in.

Close Combat Series -> CC5 Gold, Juno, Sword

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1