V for Victory Series by Atomic Games
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

#1: V for Victory Series by Atomic Games Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:55 am
    —
Hey guys...

Does anyone have these? I would like to get them all added to CCS for download. If you have any please upload them or show me where I can get them myself. Thanks!

#2:  Author: Pzt_Kevin_dtnLocation: USA PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:13 pm
    —
You can get the following 4 v4v games from the site listed below

Utah
Market Garden
Gold Juno Sword
Velikiye Luki

http://www.the-underdogs.info/game.php?gameid=1216

Note that the download contains ALL FOUR (4) games listed above.

I actually still have my original floppy disks but they won't load claiming that I don't have enough memory. Kinda funny. So I found them at underdogs and actually played them again last fall.

There is another series by Atomic called World at War that follows the same game play format as the v4v series but I haven't downloaded it yet. This series includes

Operation Crusader (I have the floppy disks for this game)
Stalingrad
D Day: America Invades

SPECIAL NOTE - in order to play them I had to use a DOS emulator. I personally use DOSBox-0.70. Its pretty easy to setup and use if you follow the instructions. I've had fun recently playing some of my old favorite DOS based games.

#3: Re: V for Victory Series by Atomic Games Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:03 pm
    —
mooxe wrote:
I would like to get them all added to CCS for download

As a basis for Close Combat campaigning?

#4: Re: V for Victory Series by Atomic Games Author: mooxe PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:42 pm
    —
CSO_Talorgan wrote:
mooxe wrote:
I would like to get them all added to CCS for download

As a basis for Close Combat campaigning?

They are good campaigns.. not sure what you mean tho. I have spoke to a number of people around here who played them and then merged over to CC.

#5:  Author: Pzt_Kevin_dtnLocation: USA PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:16 pm
    —
The games are strictly strategic in nature. There is nothing tactical about them. The computer simulates/generates the battle results based on fighting power, fatigue, defensive position and a few other criteria. Each battle takes about a second as the engine cycles through the strategic results.

#6: Re: V for Victory Series by Atomic Games Author: CSO_Talorgan PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:30 am
    —
mooxe wrote:
Not sure what you mean tho

I was wondering (hoping) whether you had found the fabled link between a hex-based strategy game and the CC IV - V strat map.

#7:  Author: bambam887Location: Belgium PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:43 pm
    —
I think I've got one somewhere underneath some dust.
If I find it, I'll ship it to you. Wink

#8: Bring on the war Author: GMoney PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:45 am
    —
The atomic World at War were great. And they are still playable. Nice I have a few unfinished campaigns sitting on a computer 7 years removed from use.

All 3 are great. Stalingrad very good. Can fight just in the town of or play the larger massive campaign of the big russian attack and then Mansteins response.

Just keep your attacks down. Game had attack limits. I think 200 but it has been awhile.

Close Combat Series -> The Mess

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1