Battle of Edchera 1958
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: Battle of Edchera 1958 Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:25 pm
    —
12 – 13 Jan 1558: Edchera
On 12 January the Saharan Liberation Army unsuccessfully attacked El Aaiún.

During their retreat to the south-east on the 13th, the Saharans ambush the 13th Bandera at Edchera . The Legionaries set out early on a reconnaissance patrol and at 10.15 am as they approached the dry bed of the Saguiet el Hamra watercourse 500 insurgents open fire on them. The vanguard (2nd) company was pinned by rebels to their front. The 1st company advanced to their left in support, but the company commander (Capt. Jaúregui) was killed when surprised by enemy fire. The 3rd platoon (1st company) was ambushed as it advanced into the sand dunes of the Saguiet. The 31 men of the platoon drove back numerous rebel attacks but were forced to withdraw after sustaining 50% casualties. Brigada Fadrique and Legionary Maderal (who had a light machine gun) were killed covering the withdrawal. Legionary mortar and small arms fire forced the rebels to break off in the night. Despite their initial surprise the 13th Bandera inflicted a major defeat, killing 241 insurgents for the loss of 37 dead Spanish dead and 50 wounded.

screenshots for this battle, I have list next week so that all you can play this summer Wink

a greetings

#2:  Author: kleist PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:29 am
    —
Thanks Dak Legion for your work. A mod about Ifni - Sahara. It's wonderdul.

Un saludo

#3:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:08 pm
    —
Great news! Looking good!
Looking forward to the release date, my friend!

#4:  Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:14 pm
    —
thank you very much at all! hope that soon enjoy this new delivery
edchera has a new map, retouched by later sahara74 afrika for-75, consists of a new battle and 2 battles in CCReg
I hope comrade Kokoda Trail soon Wink Wink

#5:  Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:38 pm
    —
hi all!
Battle of Edchera 1958 in downloads section CC5/Pocket mods
i hope that enjoy it

a greetings

#6:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:31 pm
    —
Congrats and thanks for your hard work, comrade! Heading to the d/l section now Smile

#7:  Author: IfniLocation: Madrid - ESPAÑA PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:57 pm
    —
Downloading¡¡¡

A battle about IFNI. Great Work.

Legionario, I'll tell you about it.

Saludos campeón.

#8:  Author: DAK_Legion PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:01 pm
    —
more thanks Ifni!
i hope that you enjoy with Edchera Wink
Short history but atractive

a greetings