WARP speed scrolling
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

#1: WARP speed scrolling Author: mochohoLocation: Croatia PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:29 am
    —
After two days of strugle to get this mod going (gjs 4.3) i have a minor/major problem with scroll speed.. It goes like speed of sound, and it's almost impossible to play it normal... Anyone knows whats the problem, i have system running on xp/sp2, and totaly new comp (a64 3000+, leadtek 6600gt extreme, 1gb ram)..

Help please ASAP....
Crying or Very sad

#2:  Author: RunningMan PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:35 am
    —
perhaps you should try the compatibility-mode ?

dont know the word in english. my systems running in german.
there its called "kompatibilitätsmodus"

(rightclick on .exe) there you can set the compatibility mode to win95. this helps with a lot of cc-problems.

but thats just a thought. not sure if it helps in your case.

good luck !

and if your system works fine: have a look at www.tournamenthouse.com and visit us at gamespy Very Happy

Regards,
RunningMan

#3:  Author: mochohoLocation: Croatia PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:24 pm
    —
Thanks RunningMan, but i tried that, by default it's setup on win95 so turned on win 98, and there's no difference... Really i have no more ideas what to do, maybe accept it and start playin.. Anywhay thank you for compasion...

Do you know maybe something about fragmented files that occured when i tried to defrag my C: partition with O&O defrag V6.. will my GJS still work after i defrag CConfused If you know somethin please reply.. Smile

#4: Scroll Speed Author: mine_surveyorLocation: SLC UTAH PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:13 pm
    —
Hey Mochoho,

Try clicking on the options tab when you first open CC5. Under the 'general' tab you can set scroll speed to slow.
Hope this helps.

#5:  Author: AT_NORDENLocation: the Netherlands PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:17 pm
    —
I have the same, it's probably because of our specs, Close combat is an old based game, we play it with way over the max. specs

#6:  Author: mochohoLocation: Croatia PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:20 pm
    —
Thanks, mine_surveyor, already tried that and no result... Do you know anything about fragmented files and O&O defrag V6... is it gonna work after i defrag C partition.. analysis says that 13% of my C is fragmented..

#7:  Author: mochohoLocation: Croatia PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 1:25 pm
    —
Hi, Norden, do you have the same op. system.. I mean it's pretty confusing do deal with this kind of problem when the battle heats up.. I have tried everything and still no better results.. Crying or Very sad

#8:  Author: kwp PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 2:25 pm
    —
I use Mo'Slo 4BIZ to eliminate the supersonic scrolling that is caused by the faster processors that are being used in new computers. Works sweet as it lets you slow down specific applications without slowing down the whole computer. It costs a few dollars but Close Combat is worth it.

http://www.hpaa.com/moslo/

#9:  Author: RunningMan PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:29 pm
    —
hm, i tried it at my pc. i have the same problem, too.
i solved it by setting the resolution to maximum.
with 800x600 its nearly unplayable, but with 1280x1024 its ok.

perhaps that helps Very Happy

Regards,

RM

#10:  Author: mochohoLocation: Croatia PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:24 pm
    —
RunningMan, thanks man, so simple and yet.... Wink It works !! Thanks once more, and kwp thanks for the tip i'll try it.. Think this is gonna be very usefull..
Cool

#11:  Author: RunningMan PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:21 am
    —
you are welcome ! Very Happy

now get your system up and meet us (the cc-community) at gamespy Cool

#12:  Author: AT_NORDENLocation: the Netherlands PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 1:32 pm
    —
I'm not gonna buy a processor slow-downer for close combat, I use the arrow keys on my key board, as i always do with strategy games, i combine it with the mouse.

#13:  Author: KoenuppaLocation: The Netherlands PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:34 pm
    —
I have seen the same problem on p4 pc's with 17"screens. Try setting the resolution to 1280x1024 and scroll speed to slow in cc5 options.
Otherwise....buy a 19"screen or play on an older pc Very Happy

#14:  Author: Incompetent_CommanderLocation: Portugal - Alentejo PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 6:08 pm
    —
could anyone explain me what is a CPU limiter? i was told that would solve the problem.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1