How do I create tanks that fire all their guns?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Modern Tactics

#1: How do I create tanks that fire all their guns? Author: Therion PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:24 pm
    —
So, I've imported some tanks from CCV, but they don't fire their machineguns - they only fire their main gun Sad . Any idea how to make them fire all their machineguns?

#2:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:05 am
    —
Have you assigned crews to man those MGs in the teams file?

#3:  Author: Therion PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:38 am
    —
Yes. The problem is that even if I put 6 men in the tank, only the main gun is manned and the rest of the crew doesn't use/display any weapons.
Also, some tanks, like Hotchkiss H35 have only a 2 man crew.

#4:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:52 am
    —
I'm not familiar with CCMT modding...but from a quick look at the workbooks...in CC5 there's only besides "leaders" and "normal" there's only "crew" soldier type for vehicle crews.
In CCMT there are a lot more Soldier Types to choose from...not just "crew".

#5:  Author: Therion PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 11:23 pm
    —
It seems that the CCV mod has the same problem.

Anyway, it turned out that it seems to have something to do with "how mounted" field in the weapons file. Changing it from "coax" to "AA" makes the machineguns fire.

#6: Re: How do I create tanks that fire all their guns? Author: Therion PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:10 pm
    —
I found out that making a tank fire all its machine guns requires some playing both with with ranks and weapon mount types.

UO0004.jpg
 Description:
Ugh...rn4 weapons out of 6...
 Filesize:  366.52 KB
 Viewed:  3332 Time(s)

UO0004.jpg

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
Initially, I couldn't force this dreadnought to fire some of its weapons.
 Filesize:  387.24 KB

UO0001.jpg

UO0032.jpg
 Description:
Finally, a success!!! It fires its coax 20mm AGL/ 47mm autocannon. Also, it fires its 2 hull-mounted 13mm HMGs and 1 hull mounted ATGM launcher.
 Filesize:  474.05 KB

UO0032.jpg

#7: Re: How do I create tanks that fire all their guns? Author: Dima PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:17 pm
    —
nice one!

IMO dreadnaught should look like WH40K tanx (with multiple turrets at sides and one small on top of a hull) Very Happy.

#8: Re: How do I create tanks that fire all their guns? Author: Therion PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:52 pm
    —
Thanks Very Happy .

I'm aiming for something closer to the late inter-war period tanks, rather than a WWI ones, so no sponsons on sides.

I envision it with two MGs that cover the whole front sector, but not in full turrets.

Generally, Dreadnoughts would be operating together with other kinds of landships and with naval infantry.

#9: Re: How do I create tanks that fire all their guns? Author: papa_whisky PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:08 am
    —
So how did you do it?

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Modern Tactics

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1