TLD grenade questions
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

#1: TLD grenade questions Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:48 am
    —
Hi,

1) Is it possible to have grenade shell holes (like in CC3) in the next patch?

2) Is it possible to change the grenade explosion sound (by itself) ... or is it linked to other tasks in the sound file, like some other weapon sounds that are common to different weapons? I ask because it doesn't seem to sound like a grenade exploding.

#2: Re: TLD grenade questions Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:52 am
    —
found the answer to #2. There is no problem ... just got confused with some similar sounding effects.

#3: Re: TLD grenade questions Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:07 am
    —
If you want here's a .wav file I did by combining VetBoB and WAR.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/Hosted/platoon_michael/WAR%20Files/0001.wav

#4: Re: TLD grenade questions Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:42 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote (View Post):
If you want here's a .wav file I did by combining VetBoB and WAR.

http://www.closecombatseries.net/Hosted/platoon_michael/WAR%20Files/0001.wav  

Thanks.
I've already got a sound for it, but may be able to use it anyway. Thanks though, it's a good sounding file.

And while I've got you on the line ... in the different versions of CC, does the grenade leave small shell holes that remain on the map after the explosion? I noticed it in CC3, but maybe that was just on the field and dirt terrain, and not on road, etc.
I like seeing the crater left behind, since it gives an indication of where the action for the grenade happened/is happening. I haven't seen it in TLD yet, but maybe because I haven't seen one explode in a field yet. Not sure ... maybe someone can comment on this regarding TLD on the other versions.

#5: Re: TLD grenade questions Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:40 am
    —
In WAR it does not.
I dont have tLD

#6: Re: TLD grenade questions Author: davidssfx PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:02 am
    —
Thanks for the info.
maybe they used up all the crater graphic slots on other explosions and planes.

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat The Longest Day

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Page 1 of 1