What has happened to WAR?
Select messages from
# through # Forum FAQ
[/[Print]\]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

#41:  Author: schreckenLocation: Sydney, Australia PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:00 pm
    —
Hedgerows

#42:  Author: platoon_michaelLocation: Right behind you PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:53 pm
    —
Can I shoot through them too?

#43:  Author: TejszdLocation: Canada PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:56 pm
    —
platoon_michael wrote:

Once the maps are fixed WAR will be more playable, but will eventually be doomed like CCIV for some reason or another.

Sad

platoon_michael wrote:

More interesting is the mentioning of some of the new features from tLD being added to WAR. And a possible idea of commader characteristics being able to change with date/dates of the GC.

Any chance of a conversation about which ones will be added to WAR from those who know?

Schrecken?

I think the 2nd quote/post makes the 1st quote/post much less likely.

Sounds like Matrix/S3T are really supporting WAR if the TLD features are being added to WAR. That should stop CC4 being doomed or becoming an orphan....

#44:  Author: Therion PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 1:13 am
    —
Nomada_Firefox wrote:
Perhaps because the strategy map does not give you a global image from all the campaign and it is big error.

What it has to do with not giving a good experience of being a company commander during a campaign.

#45:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:34 am
    —
Therion wrote:
Nomada_Firefox wrote:
Perhaps because the strategy map does not give you a global image from all the campaign and it is big error.

What it has to do with not giving a good experience of being a company commander during a campaign.

AFAIK in CC4-CC5, WAR, TLD...you're only playing the role of a company commander during the battles...not in the greater scheme of the campaign. Eventhough there are some abstractions in CC...I think this is pretty clear-cut.
BGs are mostly Battalion to Brigade/Regiment size...with CC battles representing/simulating the actions of the BG's spearhead Company?

#46:  Author: Therion PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:08 am
    —
So, in the end, it's just a glorified C

#47:  Author: Sapa PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:18 am
    —
Therion wrote:
Fuck you.

Wrong words on this forum!! Mad

and i dont have a clue what you mean with them..this is no highschool! it is a forum for close combat people and with this behaviour i dont think you belong here Rolling Eyes

Mats

#48:  Author: squadleader_idLocation: Soerabaja PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:03 pm
    —
Therion wrote:
So, in the end, it's just a glorified C&C clone.

What do you mean?
I'm beginning to wonder...do you even play CC? Very Happy

#49:  Author: RD_TG_JagerLocation: New Jersey PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:28 am
    —
Well I purchased a copy of the game and would be willing to play anyone H2H on it. I actually was away from CC for about 5 years. I still have CC2-CCV I did check game spy did not see anyone floating around, looking for players for h2h with any of the mods.

Tom

Close Combat Series -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein

output generated using printer-friendly topic mod. All times are GMT

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  :| |:
Page 3 of 3