Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Static

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:27 am Post subject: anyone know of a way to acquire CCM after recent events? Reply with quote

so the Corps Gazette says theyre out of copies...or someone made an executive decision to take it out of circulation. Ok... Is anyone prepared to burn some copies or put a torrent file online?

"War is a crime. Ask the infantry and ask the dead."
-Ernest Hemingway

gusguns

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote

serch in emule.... Laughing

Static

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:52 am Post subject: Reply with quote

ok...any useful suggestions?

-Ernest Hemingway

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone has CCM. Just turn around and look in the toilet, there ya have it!

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Static

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

alright then Smile

someone step forward and name your price for a burned disc and i will send the $$$ (including postal charges of course)

i was without internet for almost 2 years due to crazy things going on in my life and i missed the CCM ordering window entirely. ive been playing CC since CC2 came out...so somebody throw me a line here!

thanks Very Happy

-Ernest Hemingway

Blackstump

Rep: 24.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:07 am Post subject: Reply with quote

if u cant get a fellow yank to get u a copy, you can send me a self addressed envelope ( with enough stamps fpr return airmail about $12 american) and a cd i will return you a copy, however i will require world peace and for you to overturn your government first, pm me for details...ps massachusett isnt that where the witches come from ?

"percute et percute velociter"

Static

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:36 am Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you blackstump Smile

im going to wait for a few days or a week or two and see if anyone closer to me steps up

if no-one's interested ill contact you

and i (we...) are WAY ahead of you regarding our irresponsible fundamentalist government...just give us a little bit more time

world peace i cant promise but if theres a major shake up in my country's government much of the violence we perpetuate should die down to a certain degree

as far as the Salem, Massachusetts witch trials, here's a partial list of the victims of the insanity that gripped the town government in 1692, along with their last words before death, if recorded...

-----
the following were accused of being witches and hanged on Gallows Hill in 1692:

Bridget Bishop "I am no witch. I am innocent. I know nothing of it"
Rebecca Nurse "Oh, Lord, help me! It is false. I am clear. For my life now lies in your hands..."
Sarah Good
Susannah Martin "I have no hand in witchcraft"
Elizabeth Howe "If it was the last moment I was to live, God knows I am innocent..."
Sarah Wildes, George Burroughs
Martha Carrier "...I am wronged. It is a shameful thing that you should mind these folks that are out of their wits."
John Willard
George Jacobs, Sr. "Because I am falsely accused. I never did it."
John Proctor, Martha Corey
Mary Eastey "...if it is possible no more innocent blood be shed... I am clear of this sin."
Ann Pudeator, Alice Parker, Mary Parker, Wilmott Redd, Margaret Scott, Samuel Wardwell

One accused wizard was pressed to death on September 19 when he failed to plead guilty or not guilty:
Giles Corey "More weight."

Other accused witches died in prison:
Sarah Osborn, Roger Toothaker, Lyndia Dustin, Ann Foster

(As many as thirteen others may have died in prison.)
-------

its really an amazingly well documented example of religious funtamentalism combining with the fervor that only the mob mentality can bring to a situation. I have a whole lot of information, including death warrants, a letter from the Massachusetts Governor, examinations of the accused, etc.

Fascinating, yet frightening.

-Ernest Hemingway

dillydally

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 12:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you ever get a copy?

Dead-Inside

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't someone put up a torrent on thepiratebay.com?

tuxfriend

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, I was just wondering,
as CC2 is hosted here (and on abandonware),
because, apparently, nobody is interested in selling it anymore, has any thought been given
to the possibility of hosting CCM?

I've read in the forum that the marine gazette is
reachable per telephone, as they've run out of copies and nobody is selling it maybe they aren't adverse to it beeing freely available? Has anybody thought of contacting them?

Just asking, because I would be interested in the game, and as I said, there's no way to buy it.

Thanks and Kind Regards,
tux

Dead-Inside

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Why isn't anyone man enough to put up a torrent? It's not like you're going to jail.

ohtastyone

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:26 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone ever going to post a torrent somewhere, or something? I've been dying to play this for such a long time. Somebody help me out please.

Sweeper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The Torrents are out there alright. I used a torrent to DL a free game that was around 700MB. 44 hours later, (on Cable internet), I finally finished. My advice? Save yourself the headache and just buy CC Modern Tactics.

Question Authority! (It keeps out leaders honest)
View user's profile Send private message GameRanger Account Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

hagebono

Rep: 0.7

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Dead-Inside wrote:
Why isn't anyone man enough to put up a torrent? It's not like you're going to jail.

I'm a contractor working for the Marines. We facilitate various sims as part of the CACCTUS and DVTE programs. We also use MTWS.

For the past two weeks I've done a whole lot of CCM6, primarily testing the CFF/CAS functionality. The timing when using smoke is very frustrating (read: not usable). Though using Type 2 CAS with no mark, Type 3 CAS, Type 2 CAS with laser mark, or FSC initiated CAS with smoke mark all work well. It's only when the FO/FAC attempt to call a smoke mark that the timing is hit or miss, and usually the latter.
By FSC initiated I mean that IOT let the users utilize on call arty/air, a separate Fire Support server and Fire Support controller must be running. Missions have to be approved/denied by the FSC. Overall, very nice.
When creating scenarios there is also a fairly in depth trigger system that I'll be testing much more thoroughly.

Oh, back to the original question of posting a torrent? In the case of CCM6, it's actually entirely paid for by the Marine Corps. It can be given out freely to Marines, ciivilians, and contractors with no limit as to the number of machines it's running on simultaneously. However, recipients may not further redistribute their copy.

So for now, I'll just have to enjoy testing/training with it. Perhaps I could post a few screenshots to appease the masses? Though since I haven't done that before, I'm not sure how to go about doing so? What's a good program to capture screenshots?

If you happen by the CAST, I could perhaps burn you a copy...

nichols

Rep: 1.9

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

hagebono wrote:
In the case of CCM6, it's actually entirely paid for by the Marine Corps. It can be given out freely to Marines, ciivilians, and contractors with no limit as to the number of machines it's running on simultaneously. However, recipients may not further redistribute their copy.

Need to clarify that; It can be freely given to Marine,civilians, and contractors that are in direct support of the Marine Corps.

It can not be passed out civilians and contractors that are not directly supporting the Marine Corps.

This was a licensing agreement that was driven by the game developers, not the Marine Corps. We placed it in the Gazette with permission from the developer. The Marines did not buy the code, the Marines do not own the game. The Marines bought distribution rights only. The Training Support Package that comes with the game is owned by the Marine Corps.

hagebono

Rep: 0.7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:24 am Post subject: Thanks for clarifying... Reply with quote

nichols wrote:
hagebono wrote:
In the case of CCM6, it's actually entirely paid for by the Marine Corps. It can be given out freely to Marines, ciivilians, and contractors with no limit as to the number of machines it's running on simultaneously. However, recipients may not further redistribute their copy.

Need to clarify that; It can be freely given to Marine,civilians, and contractors that are in direct support of the Marine Corps.

It can not be passed out civilians and contractors that are not directly supporting the Marine Corps.

This was a licensing agreement that was driven by the game developers, not the Marine Corps. We placed it in the Gazette with permission from the developer. The Marines did not buy the code, the Marines do not own the game. The Marines bought distribution rights only. The Training Support Package that comes with the game is owned by the Marine Corps.

What he said is what I meant. But it's always better to see it clearly stated. Thanks.[/b]

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Marines, RAF Regt & Anti Terrorism

Jump to: