Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1212
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:09 pm Post subject: Orders/Command Meeting Reply with quote

Here is the file, unzip it to your BATTLES folder.

http://www.freefilehosting.net/?id=qt/9kqXe

This is a 7 day Operation. Allies attacking and trying to gain as much ground as possible as they push inwards. The Germans are defending.

Again, here are the settings.

RULES AND REGS: Read Carefully.

Armor limits:
There is a five tank limit. Vehicles (half tracks, scout cars, etc.) and light tanks (Stuart Honeys, French Tanks, Marders, etc.) are half. So two vehicles equal one tank, etc.

This is a custom UTAH operation. 7 days in length.
- 15 min battles
- Morale off
- Never act on initiative
- All victory locations
- 2 minute warning

-Germans set on LINE.
-Allies set on LINE.

PLAYER TURN LIMIT: The "3 battles per player turn" limit is in effect (players can play max of 3 consecutive battles. Then 3 battles total must be fought by their teammates before that player can fight again).
Basically. For every battle you fight someone else on your team must fight one. No one can fight more than 3 in a row.

DEPLOY: We'll be using the "deploy box rule" so that players cannot deploy units in boxes that are not touching a friendly VL. Players can only deploy their units in squares that are touching other deploy boxes connected to a VL either directly (side by side) or diagonally.

CRASHED BATTLES WILL BE REBUILT: Crashed battles will be rebuilt to accurate territory at the time of the crash. If the battle crashes very early and nothing very significant has happened in the fight, then players may replay. Recreating losses can be difficult, however, it can be done if so desired. Armor is usually the most important loss to rebuild.

Full Disclosure: It's impossible to enforce a no-disclosure rule.
Teams may look at the enemies reserve positions. Sometime people practice a battle with a teammate, etc... so enemy reserve positions aren't any big secret. We'll play it as part of the game.

TIME OUT: Teams may call for a short pause in the action for strat evaluation. Keep it reasonably short. Must give notice to the other team of your strategical pause.

This war will be reported on the WWWAR Ops Ladder.
Eveyone who signs up for this war agrees that this war is for the team ops ladder.
HERE: http://pzt-wwwar.ccjunkies.com/

Last edited by Pzt_Mac on Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pzt_Mac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 6:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I will post the morning of Day 1 strategic moves when I get home from work. Until then, sit tight and get familiar with Utah if you're not already.

Team:
Mac
MOOXE
Prototype Beta
Sickf1
Verboten

(MOOXE, make sure all of these men are cleared in the forum, thanks!)

Pzt_Mac

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 12:44 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay Gents, here we go!

This is first day moves and a Strat map for our reference.

Pushing hard into Colomby is top priority. Grabbing up either of the two exit VL's will allow us to push past them (hopefully on this first day), forcing the enemy to counter us behind their lines and tieing up any reserves they have coming in.

After I make these moves (I hope to play the first 3 here) then I will post further thoughts on strat. I hope to hear you all pipe up on these too.

Sound off and let me know your here.

Lets go kill us some Luft.

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Checking in, rdy to go, everyone has access....

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Pzt_Mac

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:40 am Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a delay in game as Bellew was having comp problems. Review the orders above and fight the war if you see any luft on...

For support I think we will have 3 air and 5 arty. Give air to all but the AA BG, and arty to everyone.

Pzt_Mac

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote

The morning of the first day is behind us. Now we move into the afternoon...

Briquibec:
We stay and fight. Hold the ground we have and push forward as best as we can. We don't need to do anything crazy, just play smart and and keep wearing down the enemy. We destroyed a Stug last round so I think they only have 3 left.
Priority one is to hold our supply VL. Second, if possible, take the Colomby VL in the North. I don't want them sliping out.
Also, b/c it was a recreated map, I took lots of recon. Feel free to switch out these BG's with whatever infantry/armor/AT you think works best. This goes for every BG.

Colomby:
Move the 358 from Colomby to Amfreville. Amfreville is a supply map for them and is also where the enemies reserve shows up. By being their when the reserve shows up they will be attacking into us.

Move the 12/4 into Colomby. We will need to retake this map, but there is going to be a shitload of gray area, so take advantage of it and get back into the city.

St. Mere:
Move the 41/2 AD into St. Mere. This is going to be a real fight as we attack into a pretty crappy area. Take your time and try to get us some good ground to attack from next round. Expect HEAVY resistance here as the Luft is going to be out for our blood.

Move the 8/4 reserve into Azeville behind St. Mere in case things go horribly wrong.

Veriville:
Keep the AB here and pluging away at those Ostruppen. Again, take your time and get us some more land, neutralizing the enemy's AT capability. Know that they're Ost Kommanders carry ATR's.

Pzt_Mac

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

This is where the public discussion of the war is happening.
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=10709#10709

We are all around a lot more than the Luft are, but try and make a concious effort to look out for these guys. We need to keep this war rolling. Again, if you haven't posted your MSN, do so in the above thread.

Also
A NEW RULE IS IN EFFECT:
Tank limits are now reset to 4 maximum. Lite tanks and vehicles still count as 1/2. Review the rules and regs if you need to know the difference.

That is all.

Pzt_Mac

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:12 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Luft Soldat Bellew has requested that we up the games that can be played in a row from 3 to 6. I agreed in order to keep this war moving.

Please keep up to date with all developements here:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=10767#10767

HOWEVER due to strat issues, I don't want anyone making Stratd decisions that haven't been discussed here first, and thusly put in the orders section. Currently, with these next set of moves, there will potentially be four games that can be played max for this turn before Strat will be up again. So if possible, play the four, then pause for strat. At some point during this war, it may be possible to play 5 or 6 games in a row, but it will be rare.

Thanks,
Mac[/b]

prototype_beta

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:53 pm Post subject: AAR Reply with quote

moved to AAR thread.
-Mac

Pzt_Mac

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

After next round, strat is next.

Keep all BG's were they are and continue to destroy the enemy. We've had a rather remarkable first day and have utterly destroyed the enemy. Keep up the pressure. Two of their BG's are cut off from ammo/supply and are ripe for the destroying. Keep the pressure up and go for the throat. We've already turned this into a minor Amercian Victory, so have at them.

Stack St. Mere with support, then divy up the support to other BG's as you see fit.

That is all.
Mac

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: