Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
MörserCarl

Rep: 37.1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:14 pm Post subject: Hill 107.5 Reply with quote

Question for Dima,

Currently, I am playing a H2H campaign on Game Spy. Unfortunately, my "opponent" and I have had to endure several crashes, but it has now stabilised. It used to crash after every forth or fifth game and at the moment the battle time expired, but then my "opponent" came up with the ingenious idea of agreeing to a truce 10 seconds before time. It basically works well as the game does not crash.

However, on map Hill 107.5 we have noticed that when we both agree to a truce app. 10 seconds before time our force pools are both restored to the levels prior to the battle. This is the only map where we've seen this occur.

It could appear to be a bug, but there may be a different explanation. Perhaps you could give it some thought and post a reply. Thanks.

It's just a GAME after all...

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Myg,

actually questions about maps should be addressed to Manoi Wink .

Anyway 00:00 is known CC5 bug that depends on system configuration of players.

Quote:
However, on map Hill 107.5 we have noticed that when we both agree to a truce app. 10 seconds before time our force pools are both restored to the levels prior to the battle.

i believe that doesn't depend on map or mod.
sometimes CC5 doesn't save results after battle.

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:21 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately CC5 has the most bugs of all versions of CC as a proper patch was never done. The timer and not saving results are both common known problems but there is nothing that can be done. The patch we have from Atomic was a beta version that an insider got released as the company was shutting down....

Last edited by Tejszd on Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total

MörserCarl

Rep: 37.1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:37 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Dima wrote:
Quote:
00:00 is known CC5 bug that depends on system configuration of players

Could you shed a little more light on this, please? I.e. which of the system configurations must be in sync? And if you could provide clues as to how the players must configure in order to prevent crashing at 00:00.

Thanks in advance

It's just a GAME after all...

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont recall the 00:00 bug happening in regular CC5.....

This bug can also be a result of new directx versions being in use since the release of CC5. CC uses directx to establish and keep multiplayer connections going.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:45 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Myg wrote:

Could you shed a little more light on this, please? I.e. which of the system configurations must be in sync? And if you could provide clues as to how the players must configure in order to prevent crashing at 00:00.
Thanks in advance

That's my guess as when i play some guys same mods i have 00:00 virtually each battle. And with some guys i don't have it at all for whole GC.

Blackstump

Rep: 24.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:08 am Post subject: Reply with quote

00:00 isnt a ccv bug.... its somthing to do with more moden computers... possible directx but ive updated my directx before..... and strangly enough ive only ever had one 00;00 crash as hosting, and that was the first game i played after installing a wireless mouse when they first came out, i uninstalled and stuck with this old computer for 3 years.... never had another 00:00 crash( and after many hours trying to work this out)my paltry conclusion is its somthing to do with mouse drivers (wtf ) ive talked to IT techs about this and they have studied it there conclusion is its and old engine and they dont no.... big help there....

"percute et percute velociter"

rouge5

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 11:08 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been playing the Stalingrad grand campaign against my brother through a router and direct ip link and so far we have not experianced any crashes of the kind you describe. I don't pretend to have much understanding in how the connection through the internet works but maybe it is caused by gamespy? try using direct link through ip next time and see if that makes any differnce.

Sokol688

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 1:43 pm Post subject: Errors, Crashes, Comments... Reply with quote

I've been playing Stalingrad H2H over the internet for a few weeks now and have most definitely encountered various game errors, although actually less than vanilla CCV. I am playing H2H with a UDP “slower but more reliable” (lol) direct connection. The most common erros I'm seeing appear to be oddities in placing units during the setup screen: there are long delays, and often when you drag a unit during setup it just doesn't move to the new spot. Usually this fixes itself after a few min of waiting during setup, however when that happens it usually leads directly to the other major error I’m encountering, which occurs after about 2 seconds of game play and usually results in a freeze and a game or computer restart. We call that the 1458 error.
We have encountered the occasional mid-game crash, but actually this seems to happen less often in Stalingrad than in vanilla CCV, for the better I might add...if there is going to be a problem setup is better than endgame. Another thing I've noticed is that this game most definitely runs better on older computers than new ones. When playing on a slower Pentium M laptop the game crashes less often and has less issues overall. When I play on my modern dual core AMD we have more problems overall. So I think when possible old and slow is the way to go, and running Win98 emulation in XP is also beneficial
Lastly we’ve had some “new day” strangeness that only appears at the start of a new day or new half day….one time the game tried to start the first battle of the day half way down the line instead of at the top, and another issue occurred when a German battle group was destroyed off the map and then came back only on the German player’s screen not on the Russian one, odd for sure, but all of this seems fixable with a restart.
Overall, it's a buggy system, no fault of the modders of course, but CCV takes love to persist through these problems...However, I think most on this forum agree the gameplay makes it well worth it.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad

Jump to: