Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1221
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
diggin.robat

Rep: 39.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:02 pm Post subject: Limits of CC5 modding? Reply with quote

Hi out there, I´m new to this board and it is nice to see another forum dealing with CC, after all these years! I was making (coding) the CC2 and CC3 Great War mod together with Tim and other CC vets.
After some years of inactivity we try to get back to mod CC5. But I´m a dumbass on this, only firm in editing CC2 and 3 and never tried CC5 but still astonished what other modders made out of it.
At the moment we thing of two WWI western front operations, either Vimy Ridge or Cambrai, both 1917. It is obviously that only a portion of the action can be displayed. To decide which one, it could be helpful to know what the limits of CC5 are, before everything start in a modding frenzy.

Ok, here a few questions:

1. Does a stratmap only work with a minimum of 44 maps?

2. Are there min and max sizes of maps, which are these?

3. How does the campaign progress work?

a) is it possible to increase or decrease the number of days?

b) is it possible change the rate of one battle/map a day ?

4. What are the min/max numbers of BGs for each side...

a)... to show up at once on the strat map?

b)... for te entire campaign?

5. Is it possible to edit the inface screens for instance to...

a)... make room for more then 7 men/unit

b)... to remove the reinforce button (when this feature is available for one side only)

6. Is the naval barrage editable to be available for both sides?

thank you very much in advance!

diggin

GW modding team
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

FFLjag

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't answer your question.(because of my english.. Sad ) but....

Great idee........ Very Happy Very Happy

An WW1 mod for CC5

Froggies Fighter League Jag

Nembo

Rep: 36.7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mod CC5 only CC2 (CC2 Greatwar is realy good) but as far as I know 44 maps is the CC5 maximum you can have fewer maps if you want but not more then 44. Thou I'm not sure what what will happen if you have a realy small number of maps like 4.

As for the reinforce button several mods like Berlin have them just painted over so that its impossible to use them. Check here.
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1443

PZT Penguin was making some CC5 moding guides which are at his site
they might help. Check Here.
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=967

Hope it helps

-Nembo

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:40 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

1. Does a stratmap only work with a minimum of 44 maps?

2. Are there min and max sizes of maps, which are these?..yes

3. How does the campaign progress work?

a) is it possible to increase or decrease the number of days?

b) is it possible change the rate of one battle/map a day ?..yes

4. What are the min/max numbers of BGs for each side...27 i think

a)... to show up at once on the strat map?..can make all show up at once providing u have the maps to do so.

b)... for te entire campaign?..think limited to 27

5. Is it possible to edit the inface screens for instance to...

a)... make room for more then 7 men/unit....no not on soldier screens

b)... to remove the reinforce button (when this feature is available for one side only)..yes

6. Is the naval barrage editable to be available for both sides?

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

Chopper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I hope you guys will consider putting the Great War stuff into CC5.

You do not need to do a minimum of 44 maps. You should download Mafi's great RTB tool, and use the tool to "hide" the extra diamonds on the strat map. Also, Index.mpi in the maps folder does not need to be populated with all 44 map entries. You can just blank out the extra entries or refer to the same map to fill the extra spaces.

You can have as many Battle Groups as you want. I have done this by combining the BattleGroups for CC5 and the Omaha Map together. You can make this work. However, the scenario editor screen will only show 27 Battlegroup Icons per side. You cannot show more that 27 on this screen. You can show fewer, by using Mafi's tool to hide the extra Icons.

You can hex edit battle files to refer to the additional BGs. (i.e. those with index values higher than 54. The battle will work using any of the 44 indexed maps. and will use the proper battle groups. You can also add extra leader pics and BG patches (beyond the original 54) into the ScrnGadg file and CC5 will retrieve to correct ones for the Req screen. However, you cannot add BG icons (necessary for strat maps), past the original 54. The game will CTD if it attempts to access a BG icon index value greater than 0-53.

So you can have many, many BG's put can only access a maximum of 27 per side using the Scenario Editor.

You can also show fewer days in a campaign. You simply hide the extra day icons on the Scenario Editor screen using the RTB tool. Once hidden, when you construct a campaign then you cannot refer to hidden days for reinforcements, etc...

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop

Jump to: