Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Author
king_tiger_tank

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:58 am Post subject: Reply with quote

pvt_Grunt wrote:

The WORST WW2 film ever has to be Battle of the Bulge from 1965 with Henry Fonda. Sooooooooooooo disssapointing, bad acting, American tanks called Tigers etc

yeah i thought that was a bad movie too.

What would H Jones do?

God4Saken

Rep: 0.7

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 4:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

pvt_Grunt wrote:
GS_v_Richthofen wrote:
My favourite WW2 movie is "Das Boot",
its a very realistic movie about a german Submarine.
Watching this movie in a cold, rainy and stormy night gives you a great imagination of these poor man in their submarine.

I have to agree, it's a great movie.

The WORST WW2 film ever has to be Battle of the Bulge from 1965 with Henry Fonda. Sooooooooooooo disssapointing, bad acting, American tanks called Tigers etc

Totally agree here, "Das Boot" is one of the best WW2 movies, especially the director's cut in German with sub-titles. Just doesn't sound the same when they replace the voices with English dubbing. How many of us here saw "Das Boot" at the cinema and looked up at the dark ceiling inadvertantly when the u-boat was being hunted by the destroyers? I know I did.

Plus "Battle of the Bulge" was one of the worst, even Dwight Eisenhower apparently denounced the movie soon after its release in a press conference due to its historical inaccuracies. They used Chaffee and Patton tanks, not a Sherman anywhere to be seen. Does anyone know if there are there any real King Tigers in a museum somewhere? However the only good bit of the movie was when the Germans started singing "Panzerlied".

Ob's stürmt oder schneit,
Ob die Sonne uns lacht,
Der Tag glühend heiß
Oder eiskalt die Nacht.
Bestaubt sind die Gesichter,
Doch froh ist unser Sinn,
Ist unser Sinn;
Es braust unser Panzer
Im Sturmwind dahin.

For those of us who can't speak German

Whether it storms or snows,
Whether the sun smiles upon us,
The day glowing hot
Or freezing cold the night.
Dusty are the [our] faces,
But happy we're at heart,
We're at heart;
Our tank roars
In the storm wind along.

MörserCarl

Rep: 37.1

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 7:11 am Post subject: Reply with quote

King Tigers?

Try this link: http://www.achtungpanzer.com/pz5.htm

Scroll to the bottom and click on gallery 1-3.

Here you find some examples of preserved King Tigers

Also, yes you're absolutely correct God4Saken, that it was the 82nd and not the 101st airborne that had been through some fighting before Normandy D-day. I stand corrected. My memory failed me there.

It's just a GAME after all...

Pzt_Kami

Rep: 44.2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:44 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All;
Anyone knows anything about ,"The Big Red One 2005"?I saw it in internet and seems is a reconstruction of the old movie Exclamation .If so,Should be interesting.

Regard
-Kambiz

Women are like flowers, I appreciate their beauty and fragrance without picking them off the branch, then I continue on to the next flower

king_tiger_tank

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:39 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Kami wrote:
Hi All;
Anyone knows anything about ,"The Big Red One 2005"?I saw it in internet and seems is a reconstruction of the old movie :!: .If so,Should be interesting.

Regard
-Kambiz

nope i only know about the 70's verison and the game

What would H Jones do?

God4Saken

Rep: 0.7

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Kami wrote:
Hi All;
Anyone knows anything about ,"The Big Red One 2005"?I saw it in internet and seems is a reconstruction of the old movie Exclamation .If so,Should be interesting.

Regard
-Kambiz

G'day Kami, there is a listing on the internet for a DVD called The Real Glory: Reconstructing 'The Big Red One' to be released alongside the original 1980 movie "The Big Red One" (2005) when it came out on DVD. It's got most of the original cast, including Mark Hamill and Robert Carradine, but not Lee Marvin (He died in 1987) giving commentary on the making of the movie. It's the same movie, but with 40 minutes of extra footage (A bit different from a director's cut), here's a webpage for it.

http://www.dvdtown.com/discdetails/bigredonethespecialedition/15582/

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Troger wrote:
Quote:
Along the way, elements of the 2nd SS slaughtered around 640 French civilians in the village of Oradour-sur-Glane and razed the town. Most of the women and children were burnt to death when they were herded into the local church and it was deliberately burnt to the ground.

A tragic event no doubt, but the 'patriots' that caused that were the Marquis and French commies, that were no where to be found when that village got raided. Not to mention that everything happens for a reason, it's not like they didn't know the German unit stationed there wouldn’t play hardball. After they executed a German officer and terrorizing the 2 SS since they had been stationed there. I'm sure those eastern front vets didn't want to be screwed with on their R and R.

A criminal action by the German soldiers invovled but one should be equally pissed with the coward French resistance that where the precursors of the whole situation. They paraded up and down that town yet when stuff got real they hid like rats. Losers.

I'm amazed by how people risk other's lives for small gains in a hopeless situation. Not like they contributed to Germany's defeat in any significant way by executing that officer, reckless endangerment is what I call it. Independence was on the way, and they had to get villagers in the crossfire.

As for SPR, it's a hard movie to watch for me. Now that I am older and educated about the subject it's hard to sit there and watch such a terribly stereotyped movie. Next time you watch it notice that every German soldier with his helmet/hat off is a skinhead. What a bunch of BS, Spielberg is supposed to be some big history buff. I implore someone to find me one picture of a WW2 German soldier with his head shaved. I have thousands of photos on top of mounds of books and I never once saw one German soldier without a full head of hair.

One would know that there are rules agasint doing such thing during that time in the German army. If anyone had their heads shaved, it was the Russians.

The massacre in this French town was not to blame on the french resistance or any other french political or partisan group. Murdering civilians is, without a doubt, the fault of the person who made the consious decision to pull the trigger, and his chain of command. This same debate is happening in Iraq right now, and American government and military leaders would never say the insurgents made the marines do that. Even though these 2 examples are around 60 years apart, it is valid to compare them as they deal with we respect human life.

Saving Private Ryan was never meant to be historical. It was meant to show the realism of battle. The horrific, violent nature of combat, the effects on the soldier and confusion it creates are some example. Further to this is was also made to show the public what alot of veterans actually experienced.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:05 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

u mean SPR is not 100% historical ???

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:01 pm Post subject: Re: mmm Reply with quote

ANZAC_Lord4war wrote:
u mean SPR is not 100% historical ???

I am not sure if your putting that question to me. I do make it quite clear in my post that it was not meant to be historical.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:20 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

lmao,was tongue in cheek...i dont know u if u read the other pages.
but if u did u would understand that comment..lol

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

battlecat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:28 am Post subject: remagen Reply with quote

A little recognised, and interesting 60's war film, The Bridge at Remagen would be a prime candidate for a remake..
The mechanised recon units of the 9th armored trying to take the bridge, and the Germans sending me 262's, AR 234's and Ta152's against the bridge as well as Karl Morsers and rail guns lobbing huge shells at it, all of the elements of late war technology and frantic tactics to take a vital bridge into Germany.

Pzt Hornet

Rep: 18.2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

A great movie from the late forties or early fifties is BattleGround

It's about the 101st in and around Bastonge during the battle of the bulge.I think it was one of the first films to try and not glorify combat as the earlier propaganda films had done in the early forties.

agidol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you guys seen a movie called the Pianist? I thought it featured a short barrelled panzer (maybe earlier version of Pz 4?) as well as an authentic looking german half track. Another late attempt by Hollywood to create reasonably authentic looking German vehicles.

BTW, I liked the movie the Battle of the Bulge. Yes, the tanks sucked but the action was pretty good -- there was no way in hell Hollywood can recreate 50-60 King tigers in the 60's anyway.

Tacloban

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:38 am Post subject: Reply with quote

agidol wrote:

BTW, I liked the movie the Battle of the Bulge. Yes, the tanks sucked but the action was pretty good ...

Just for the sake of friendly discussion, that movie was one of the worst I've seen. Should have been called the Battle of a Southern California back lot. Absolutely no attempt to be historical. The tanks were not the problem. The whole bit with Fonda in the L-5 was a sorry attempt at dramatic tension.

The only decent scene was when Rutger Houer explained that the US was shipping in chocolate cake from overseas when the Germans couldn't get bullets over the border.

Tacloban, felling a bit grumpy for some reason.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jump to: