Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1221
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:38 pm Post subject: Full CC5 mods will not run on new CC5 version! Reply with quote

CSO Beeblebrox told it on CSO forum.
Quote:
At the moment, the program executables have/are being modified. Any Mods and Tools which modify that file will have to be re-done. There is no way round this.

No new tools, no changes on tools, we will not can play mods as Ardennes Offensive, A Bridge too Far, Star Wars, Invasion Normandy 1944, Invasion Normandy 1946, Winter War, Gold Juno Sword, Bloody Omaha, Okinawa, Stalingrad, Alamein, Meuse and all with changes on CC5.exe.

I think that if you have the old CC games, you should think it first if you want buy them.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

cool!

CC5 w/o mods is useless.

CC5 didn't die for 6 years w/o official support. But with help of Simteck it seems to die v fast.

guess we need to wait for CC6...

mooxe

Rep: 221.7
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you cant blame Simtek for it not being compatible. Thier concern is to update CC, not for example, GJS. All these major mods are in essence, different versions of CC, simtek is updating the original version.

There are a few solutions or work-throughs..

- Assuming the mods replace the files Simtek is updating, then the mods will work, but you will not get the benefit of the updates.

- Have the mods include ALL FILES of the original version of CC that have been upgraded in the new version of CC.

- Get the list of changes and how to implement them so someone can update the mods files accordingly.

- Have a patch that we can swap in and out

If all thats released is a new version of CC with no efforts to be made to make the mods compatible, there will be some very confused new players. They will also probably realise how lame regular CC5 is and quit playing if theres no mods for it.

IMO releasing an updated version may cause more harm then good among us not new players. Dual installs, compatibility issues, if any... A re-release of the original game with a patch would be in everyones best interests.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well you cant blame Simtek for it not being compatible. Thier concern is to update CC, not for example, GJS. All these major mods are in essence, different versions of CC, simtek is updating the original version.

i don't blame anyone. Just expressing my opinion.

Anyway i didn't have problems with neither XP nor DirectX compatibility for CC3/5. I don't know what else they will chnge, if pathing/SAI, would be awesome, if not then it's waste of time IMHO, especially if we will need to rework mods after it.

Quote:
A re-release of the original game with a patch would be in everyones best interests.

agreed.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with Dima! Was thinking..how many of us who have tried to make mods for CC5 will start on our "old" mods and change all the stratlayer and other things again!

For myself i will hold on the the old versions and wait for CC6.

Mats Sad

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i don't blame anyone. Just expressing my opinion.

I agree Dima, I have tried told it on CSO forum and people as CSO_Sbufkle does not get me tell my opinion and they only know tell that I´m too negative, I think that I´m only realistic and I´m giving my opinion.

And yes Simtek is not the guilty of the problem but people must be informed.

Quote:
Assuming the mods replace the files Simtek is updating, then the mods will work, but you will not get the benefit of the updates.

I have thought it and it would be possible if they do not change the position of the files and their names. But you would need change the register and probably it will not run.

Quote:
If all thats released is a new version of CC with no efforts to be made to make the mods compatible, there will be some very confused new players. They will also probably realise how lame
regular CC5 is and quit playing if theres no mods for it.

Yes it is the big problem, if they do not do a effort to do compatible the new versions with mods, it will give us many more problems than old versions.

They should be realistic, players play more the mods than the original games.

I would like that Simtek read it and they think it very well to resolve the problems but I think that they are only thinking on win money. Crying or Very sad

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not suprised, any change to the exe will eliminate the mods. How much work is needed to fix the modded exe? All the gdg files should stay the same.

The main problem will be compatability online, everybody playing the same version. Maybe the "new" CC5 will end up like another mod, swapped in and out.

I'm like Zappi, I never had XP problems, since I switched to XP I dont have dirext X problems anynore. If this is all it fixes it wont be much use to me. I would like to see the firewall problems dealt with as well. I think a lot of people dont play online still because of this.

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:58 pm Post subject: just wait a while Reply with quote

just wait a while...no member of (testing team,add company name here) is allowed to mention any part of the rebuilds or new game, or past testing.

we all need to wait a while to see official releases, youl all jumping to conclusions.

i have personally reised these issues and offered way around it in simtek forum, people are on short leave at the moment, but soon we ill have feedback on all issues.

UNOFFICIALLY: i think a sub mod style patch for ALL current mods may work, quick and simple after a mod for sound is done now, plug in GJS, gjs soundmod2, then cc5simtekreb patch.

or simply make new mods, update them a little also, and rerelase them eg.

RSRv1.1-Simtek2006Compatiable.

and why whine about cost, name a company that has released a patch 6 to 10 years later for a game? simtek is offering a solution for old games,so mods may not work as is, big deal, cc community has changed and adapted, who would still be playing cc501a? not me, mod makers put in WF(many same as gjs) maps into ccv demo for gods sake weeks after its release!
again this only my opinion, but im so bloody happy to help fix old problems(more then 1) and participate in a whole new game! the testing stuff is a blast, and if made ww2 with a grand campaign, its will blow many minds(way better then ccm3.1)
so wait, sit tight, remember the nearves u had when u saw ccIII coming out? hell i do, there was even a cc2 east front mod in inticipation, the demo blew my mind for six! i was a shot bird....ferdinands, JSIII's, 120mm morters, wow what a night that was, then the wait for the disk...be patient.

so wait for rerelease coming soon, then work out the problems.

espree de corp

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:08 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How much work is needed to fix the modded exe? All the gdg files should stay the same.

Too work without a new tool by the moment.

Quote:
The main problem will be compatability online, everybody playing the same version. Maybe the "new" CC5 will end up like another mod, swapped in and out.

I do not see it a problem because there will be a patch to old versions and all we can play with same game.

Quote:
I'm like Zappi, I never had XP problems, since I switched to XP I dont have dirext X problems anynore. If this is all it fixes it wont be much use to me. I would like to see the firewall problems dealt with as well. I think a lot of people dont play online still because of this

And me, now I play CC games on one Pentium IV3ghz1gbramddr400 with windowsXP andmany different equipement and I do not see the problems that Simtek tell us, you only must select the compatibility mode and about directx..........good today I have added one geforce6 6600 to my computer and it runs very well.

However I see very well sell games again to give new life to the CC community and I understand that Simtek can not sell a game that you must select the compatibility mode on windows xp because nobody go to pay by it.

I wait that they do not put the price as a complete new game.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Dima

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
UNOFFICIALLY: i think a sub mod style patch for ALL current mods may work, quick and simple after a mod for sound is done now, plug in GJS, gjs soundmod2, then cc5simtekreb patch.

officially: there r some problems with it Wink:
1) to get new version of CC5.
2) to get new versions of tools for CC5.
3) to have will and time to rework stratmap, support, camo, etc.

Quote:
or simply make new mods, update them a little also, and rerelase them eg

tried once?

Quote:
simtek is offering a solution for old games,so mods may not work as is, big deal, cc community has changed and adapted, who would still be playing cc501a?

once again, simtek didn't post list of fixes they plan at least didn't c any that really worth to re-make currect mods.

Quote:
so wait, sit tight, remember the nearves u had when u saw ccIII coming out?

yeah, but here we have another problem, simtek didn't preview anything. For now i don't think (i believe not me alone) that 'fixes' they make will worth the re-making of current mods.

So we risk to have bunch of new players (that will buy re-realeased versions) that will have no access to mods (as they wont be compatible) and will just throw re-released CC away after they play vanilla versions Wink.
Pretty same happened with CC:FtF and before with GICombat Smile.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:36 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say that probably nobody or only a few people will buy CC5 if they can not play mods.

The solution is on Simtek, they should give us new tools.

I do not go to do again my full mods, I can do a small patch if there are a new tool.

And I have one idea but probably it will not like to Simtek members.

I can release unofficial patch to upgrade new versions to old versions, yes it is not a joke, why must I uggrade old versions if we can to do a new version as a old version. :smoke3

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:38 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

also another question will both the cc5s be able to run alongside each other?

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
also another question will both the cc5s be able to run alongside each other

If I do not remember bad on CSO forum told that Simtek will release one patch to old versions, I think that it will resolve this problems.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

platoon_michael

Rep: 56.2
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt very seriously that Simtec or who ever hasnt thought everything through.
I'm sure they have.

I can't see us comming up with anything they don't already know,unless it's in the way of bugs/cheats/gameplay issues they may or may not be aware of.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Modding Workshop

Jump to: