Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Mikaell

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:02 am Post subject: Experience levels in CC5 Reply with quote

Does anyone know all the experience levels (seen battle, experienced, etc) in CC5?

GS_v_Richthofen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Experience level:

1.Basic Training
2.Combat Training
3.Seen Battle
4.Experienced
5.Veterans

Morale:

1.Low Morale
2.Fair Morale
3.Good Morale
4.High Morale
5.Excellent Morale

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Isnt there an Elite level?

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:00 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

think it is the lowest level missing,also watch out for different mods renaming the levels.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

Heeresarmee

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:50 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I`m guessing Green Replacements is missing...But it`s been awhile that i have been playing vanilla CC5. Thus i could be wrong.

Mikaell

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Another question. Do teams actually have to engage the enemy in a battle or do they merely have to be present in a battle to gain experience? I think it is the later but not sure.

king_tiger_tank

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

no they don't have to engage in fighting to gain experience but they don't gain as much as the ones that fight

What would H Jones do?

Heeresarmee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, mortarteams are a good example of this. They gain experience every battle but will lose morale if they dont score hits on enemies. I use mortarteams exclusively to destroy/supress halftracks. Since the damage they do on infantry is almost irrelevant. I found mortar teams in CC to be too vulnerable to fight with a direct LOS but to valuable to use them as second line grunts when their ammo runs out. Hmmm maybe i should start a " Mortar Teams" thread. Confused Anyway, King_Tiger_Tank is right.

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:52 am Post subject: gaining experience Reply with quote

yes just simply firing ,even rear action, indirect or direct increases the teams experience.
a little trick while playing grand campaigns ive been doing since cc1,new tanks or good infantry u want to train ,keep them to the rear the first few games, get them to fire ammo at the rear,pop smoke,indirect fire, run, hide, just keep busy when there is no activity goin on.
this way your shiny new sherman comes out a veteran, not some green likely to miss and bail out. saves your armour, saves deserters(especially needed with ost,russian and green american units)

espree de corp

king_tiger_tank

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i usually do that with my favorite tanks that have poor experience and morale but they develop in about 2-3 battles

What would H Jones do?

RedScorpion

Rep: 11.7

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Heeresarmee wrote:
Yes, mortarteams are a good example of this. They gain experience every battle but will lose morale if they dont score hits on enemies..

sure about this? i think they might gain if they score kills but in an overall succesful battle they might keep their morale or GAIN even if they dont kill a single one.
all teams loose morale when they lose ground on a map. or fight without winning, eg, continously fighting on a map where you get nowhere and eg opponent has "decisive" or "major" vic will make morale go down. same for units fighting out of supply. i remember a gc with AJ where Rifle reserves went green after some days being outta supply in Merville, but when i checked their overall qualities the morale was rock bottom!

Heeresarmee wrote:
I use mortarteams exclusively to destroy/supress halftracks. Since the damage they do on infantry is almost irrelevant

pardon my sincerity, but thats bullshit and a truly a waste of mortar quality. you should use your mortars to stop enemy from running and you should supress his infantry with rounds in hand to hand combat. guns are also a good victim of morts as your tank moves up to take it out. to use it exclusively on HTs is just wasting their quality. halftracks are very hard to KO with mort shells, and you should have plenty of units better doing that job instead of wasting precious mortar shells on em.

-RS

Ceci tuera cela

Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote

True Red. And smart way of gaining experience Tack pointed out.

Best thing you can do for a teams experience and morale is gain a VL with them.
Morale and experience increase overall if you hold point advantage on the map which they're fighting on. If you own fewer points on a map than your opponent following a battle then your units morale suffers.
Your units can fight like mad men and gain good experience in battle, but if they're losing the map result then their morale suffers. With the acception of that team that gained a VL. All others suffer morale on a losing map.

I'll keep units in place for the next round when they're winning a map. Often will replace them in the next round if the map result is not in their favor.

Also. It's been debated. But when selecting units the team leaders rank is more important than anything imo. More important than morale or experience when selecting units. That way they can effectively operate independently without having to have a command team close by.

Hit your space bar in deploy. The higher the rank the better their command radius (green circle). Lower ranks have yellow, red, and black command radius. Select officers for team leaders whenever possible.

Wruff

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: