Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1222
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:09 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

soccer doesnt want to appear to be copying other codes.
i.e gridiron,rugby,so on.
cant say too much about gridiron but in rugby.
there is a video ref,who has access to instant replays from multiple angles.
usually take anywhere from 30 seconds to in extreme cases maybe 2 minutes.
i dont think soccer would take anywhere as near as long due to nature of the game,ball nearly always visible and never too many players in the 1 area.
ud either be looking for an offside,handball,or foul/acting play.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

JDXX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:58 am Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah blantant dive by Henry, and clutching his face like he had been elbowed there was also very poor. I dont know why FIFA are so reluctant to use new technology i.e video evidence, in the least they should use it and discipline players after the game if video evidence shows they dived or cheated in another way. IMO it would greatly reduce blantant cheating in the game as it is near impossible to conceal cheating from the camera these days.

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:04 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

maybe FIFA should consider it purely from a crowd control point of view.
not just at the games there selves
but anywhere over the world watching
i think most fans can handle it when there team is beaten fairly and squarely.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

king_tiger_tank

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah thats how should be in all sports but thats not always true. Sad

What would H Jones do?

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Germany v Argentina - great game!

ronson

Rep: 36.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Was indeed Mac:)

So close and great skill shown by both sides, a shame it has to end in penalties. Personally I prefer the Golden goal.

Only goes to show that along with the skill you need just that little bit of luck too:)

Cheers

Ronson

GR member Ronson1  ac 4247033

Homba

Rep: 34.9

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:51 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed the ARG-GER game a lot. Good game. I did not realize it, but the ARG coach held out of the game a really explosive 19 yr old, Messi, who a lot of people think would have made the difference (see link). I didn't especially notice that ARG went totally defensive after their goal, but to a lot of the commenters in this thread (who appear more familiar with ARG football) it did seem that way.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/soccer/world_cup_blog/2006/06/pekermans-major-blunder.html

Italy whitewashed Ukraine. Probably superior players to what Ukraine could put on the field. Anyway a good run for Ukraine, hopefully they got a little national unity out of it and encouragement to aim high for 2010.

Damn do we have to wait another 4 years for this!?

H

hiddentiger45

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:31 pm Post subject: england loss in PK Reply with quote

ref corruption:
the same ref that red carded Beckham red carded Rooney
this WC has ruined it for me,the refs are a joke...i dont care who wins,Australia was robbed and so was England,BAH,i wont watch it anymore till 2010
sick of it!

Homba

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:52 am Post subject: Reply with quote

England-Portugal, wow. So what do yall think, did Rooney lose it for a second and stomp that guy's crotch, or was it innocent incidental contact?

Same ref as outed Beckham in last cup!? Amazing!

Still they got to penalties, and wow did the Portugese keeper get it done. That last save blocked off the bar was unreal.

Brazil out! Great effort by France, you could see it coming... France was getting much better pressure. Brazil wasn't getting much - though it doesnt matter because Brazil can score at any instant - but FRA finally was rewarded with a goal, and Brazil couldnt equalize.

Anybody's Cup now! If I had to guess, I'll say GER will beat Italy, and Portugal will beat France, and Portugal is my 51% vs 49% chance favorite to beat GER in the final.

One thing is becoming more and more clear to me, FIFA, and each national federation (for its home professional league) has got to start reviewing tape and fining and suspending players for diving. It is not often difficult to verify on the replays. If they want to stamp it out, they can.

H

Antifa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:03 am Post subject: Reply with quote

the same ref that red carded Beckham red carded Rooney

Yeah -- this world cup has been fantastically corrupt -- they're not going to allow video reviews because they're fixing the matches through intense referee interference.

WORLD CUP FOOTBALL IS AS REAL AS PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING

It's just sad that FIFA doesn't at least let the teams know in advance.

Well at least the French didn't poison anyone to beat Brazil this time.

Pzt_Kami

Rep: 44.2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:02 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi;
Both games were great Although I only saw the15mins of both. Sad
England - Portugal match was good ,Especially its penalty kicks.I think it was the beast penalty kicks I saw during the last two years.IMO England lost the game to the Portugal goal keeper.

Brazil - France ,It was so exciting too.With realy believable result.Brazil played a bit disappointing.They could play better though.

Anyway ,Lets see what's happen next.

Women are like flowers, I appreciate their beauty and fragrance without picking them off the branch, then I continue on to the next flower

Pzt_Kami

Rep: 44.2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

The game of final : France - Germany

Women are like flowers, I appreciate their beauty and fragrance without picking them off the branch, then I continue on to the next flower

king_tiger_tank

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

i think theres a lot of wierd matches here. Germany vs. Poland, Germany vs. France Very Happy

What would H Jones do?

Homba

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Italy and Germany both looked really good. Maybe Italy looked a little better, but if so not by much. Great vision and pass to assist the goal at last. Italy must be the favorite now, they are hitting on all cylinders. Looking forward to France-Portugal tomorrow. This young german team is going to be a force in 2010.

Thatoneguy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Italy-France. Who saw that coming? The two teams that I thought were going to lose in the semifinals won.

king_tiger_tank

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't like soccer very much but when the france-portugal game came on i was hooked. i bet i'll watch the constellation game and the finals too.

What would H Jones do?

Homba

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:02 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really rooting for either team but just wanting to see a great game, I'm pretty mad about the penalty kick the ref called in the first half. France never put the ball in the goal on their own, had to have a major assist from the ref. The game shouldve gone on to overtime, which would have been fitting. Really, Portugal looked the more dangerous throughout. And sadly wasted a few clear chances for a well deserved equalizer, especially the header off the rebound, and a few clear looks that went just over.

The penalty, much more egregious than the one that felled the Aussies. More like the ridiculous call against the US in the Ghana game out on the edge of the box.

The "foul" was out on the very edge of the box, the "fouled" player was not shooting or about to shoot, he had just tipped the ball on past the defender, way too far, an oncoming Portugese cleared it away as the ref whistled the foul - so even if there had been no contact, no way the Frenchman gets to that ball (same as the Aussie call - which is why I wouldnt have whistled it). The Port player had missed a swing at the ball and fell off balance, his other flailing foot kicked the French shin as he fell. Knowing the ball was too far gone, the Frenchman dove as he felt the contact.

Just a shame the players arent allowed to settle it on the field. I just hate it when a penalty kick is awarded when there was not a scoring chance prevented by the foul. And especially when it is just a "touch" foul. Maybe this one was marginal, as I argued the Aussie call was - though I disagreed with that call as well. But much less marginal, if marginal at all. Maybe the rule of "any foul in the box" regardless of severity or goal-scoring-chance, should get a PK. But it has never been, and is not now, enforced that way. Something egregious is normally the only thing that will draw a PK. I am sorry to see this game decided by a very weak call, rather than an honestly earned goal.

Barthez made some nice saves, as did the Portugese keeper. Im sorry C.Ronaldo did not get to the finals, to me he was the most dynamic player to watch in the tournament. Lightning quick, seemingly impossible to defend 1-on-1 (notice the French doubled him a lot), unselfish, great passes (the backheel setup), great free kick striker (when the header rebound was missed). He made Ronaldinho look pedestrian.

With Henry's dive that resulted in the goal against Spain, and this very questionable PK tonight, it is tempting to say the French have dived their way to the Final. A little blemished I think their achievement is. But that is soon forgotten. All the same I think I'll pull for Italy in the Final. But the way these two teams play defense, I will not be at all surprised with another 0-0 decided by shootout for this final.

Too late to change the size of the goal now I guess, but with all these 0-0 and 1-0 games, I find myself wishing that way back in the day the powers that were had decided to make the goal about 12" higher and 24" wider. Then we'd really see some back and forth scoring duels, and more importantly these stupid PK calls would lose their game-deciding importance.

H

RedScorpion

Rep: 11.7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote

ronaldo is indeed a player blessed by god, but he has too many hollywood ambitions to play in the finals. he should look for a role where he can toss and dive alot and develop his skills even more
now i dont really bother who wins, lets hope the best team wins without any penalty or overtime. lets see lots of real goals and good refs

Ceci tuera cela

poli

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

As for the goal, I think the ref got that one SPOT on, Henri had passed the player and the defender then brought his OTHER leg around to take Henri down..in the box, thats a P (even if the ball is payed out after that..).

i counted at least 5 bigtime DIVES by C.Ronaldo. And im supprised he didnt get a card for it as it was very tiresome.
On another note Fifa is thinking about changing some rules as it became apparant that The Portugees team stood before the second half and argued with the ref's for 5-10 minutes BEFORE the french showed up.......

"What is your major malfunction ?????"

king_tiger_tank

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:00 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Italy wins it... man i didn't see that coming Shocked

What would H Jones do?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: