Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Author
ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:23 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

yer as u posted was in jan2005.
the last full update.
and with ur minor update.which could not be easily found.
it had vl changes in it.so some1 on 1.2 could not play a gc sucessfully against some1 on 1.3
was posted in 1 forum only
and with the update there was no way to tel if u had updated or not.
i mentioned it to u at the time.
http://www.closecombat.org/forums/showthread.php?t=9904#3
another 6 months had passed
and was still in same state.

none of this takes away from what u had done be4
so if u want to present that angle u can,nothing to debate there.

real issue is what r u doing now?
3 months gone by,did u do them updates?
also u seemed to have changed tune as to how necessary the tracer is now,after basically dismissing it as a minor fix.
saying people prefer without.
i take that as u r lying to me blindly.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:00 am Post subject: Reply with quote

@ TJ

While your list is impressive and the changes you have preformed proved to be instrumental in improving a half0baked mod, it is far from being on the same level as other carefully crafted mods.

On a side note, I think mod makers should invest all the time necessary in improving and finalizing their mod. If one, like Dom, is going to spend the time on such an enormous project with the thought of releasing it to the public, he should be prepared to make the improvements. Releasing a bug-ridden mod while he had worked so hard on maps and coding seems a bit stupid to me. I understand Dom may have been busy, but in that case it would have been best to release it when he had time to finish it. Unfortunately he did release it and it is bug ridden and barely anyone has played it (even with your patches). Now that is even a bigger waste then waiting an extra two years to finish it (or however long he needed). I am sure Dom thanked you for saving his skin, that doesn’t make you any more of an official on the mod than L4W or Stalky.

Your opinion that many people don't need or want tracers is sadly misled. Was always number one issue with the mod. Next to the crapy map coding.

Knowing what L4W and others have accomplished in fixing other mods and their own, it is your fixes that should be a sub-mod! Documenting what he has changed is a bit more complicated then documenting the VL you switched for another!

Now, who's up for a game of tiddlywinks!?

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:12 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone quit bitching and fix the mod!! :love1

Seriously, I'm looking forward to playing it with;

1 - the bugs fixed
2 - the tracers back ON
3 - whether it's a sub mod or a ver 2.0 I dont care. If anyone else wants tracers OFF, then there should be a choice.

That's my vote, but not being much of a modder I'll happily take whatever's thrown out there. :Cool

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is too bad that Dom’s mod was not more polished/stable when it was 1st released as it is hard to overcome initial negative feedback but I will not put him or his mod down. With v1.2 I have not seen crashes or show stopper bugs so it makes sense that is the last full release, though I’m sure more things could/should be done. As I stated in a previous post all changes made to date have been discussed/forwarded to him for approval/feedback. Dom is the owner of Bloody Omaha.

For v1.3 you’re right Troger it should be a submod and thus it was only posted in one forum thread as an optional zip file for people to download.

As for the tracers many people have posted opinions both ways, even in this thread Ubaew posted saying that he and his friends that play the mod prefer it without tracers. I can provide more links to more forum posts against the tracers being fixed but I do agree the majority would like tracers. The perfect scenario is to give the players the option of playing the way they like.

Great to hear that L4W is so awesome in fixing mods, nobody said he was bad. He can change them all he wants and release his work if he wants to. I posted asking if it was available because I was interested in his work. Is it more historical, is it more stable, is true to Dom’s intentions, who knows? You can’t even start discuss those questions has he can’t even say what he changed other than the tracer fix….

Do whatever you want to it is up to you! I’m sorry I asked if your tracer fix was available for download.

Sorry for wasting people’s time with these posts. They are not productive and usually just go downhill so I will not be participating further in this thread…. I guess no tiddlywinks then Troger.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
On a side note, I think mod makers should invest all the time necessary in improving and finalizing their mod. If one, like Dom, is going to spend the time on such an enormous project with the thought of releasing it to the public, he should be prepared to make the improvements. Releasing a bug-ridden mod while he had worked so hard on maps and coding seems a bit stupid to me. I understand Dom may have been busy, but in that case it would have been best to release it when he had time to finish it. Unfortunately he did release it and it is bug ridden and barely anyone has played it (even with your patches). Now that is even a bigger waste then waiting an extra two years to finish it (or however long he needed). I am sure Dom thanked you for saving his skin, that doesn’t make you any more of an official on the mod than L4W or Stalky. ......and everything else you said.....

Stop trolling, I dont think L4W needs any backup insulting Tejszd. We all know that mods are done as a hobby. Nobody is payed, or making money from them...etc etc etc..... I cant follow this thread because it goes way too off topic with personal insults, with no aparent reason.

I, and many others, would really like to see a version of BO with tracers. Whether its a submod or not is not an issue for anyone I think. We would all just like to see tracers in the game. Since it has been fixed, I cant find any reason why it cant be released if people can put thier personal opinions away.

Quote:
You can’t even start discuss those questions has he can’t even say what he changed other than the tracer fix….

If a mod is going to be "officially" updated all changes should be listed. With permission granted from the original maker, or whoever is left in charge. GJS4.5 and Stalingrad are 2 examples of this being done by people we know.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Stop trolling, I dont think L4W needs any backup insulting Tejszd. We all know that mods are done as a hobby. Nobody is payed, or making money from them...etc etc etc..... I cant follow this thread because it goes way too off topic with personal insults, with no aparent reason.

Wow, where were you a month or two ago, suddenly your against attacks and 'trolling'. I suggest you read the rest of your forums and post this to every violator.

And by the way Mooxe, take a look over at CSO forums and notice how I have continually badgered TJ for some type of fix for tracers and other problems of BO. I guess you also forgot the fact that I made a soundmod for BO that lays on your server. So BO has always been something I wanted improved. The blunt of my message was directed at Dom anyways.

So who's the troll?

Quote:
Is it more historical, is it more stable, is true to Dom’s intentions, who knows

Oh yea, Dom's intentions, historical realism.... Rolling Eyes

I can still make time for tiddlywinks TJ. You have no problem getting in arguments where your opinions were not needed (Mooxe, where were you then). If there is no confidence in L4W and Stalky’s changes then no one deserves the fixes, I wouldn’t allow it to be a submod neither.

Call up the reserves boys!
[/b]

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So who's the troll?

Answer:

Quote:
The blunt of my message was directed at Dom anyways.

I am against unfounded attacks and trolling that involve personal insults.

Quote:
I suggest you read the rest of your forums and post this to every violator.

These forums are loosely moderated by the mods and admins at thier own time and convienence. There is a very liberal approach to what people have to say and therefore most flamewars go unchecked.

This topic reserves special interest for many since it involves such a great fix to a mod many people want to play. There is no doubt that this forum thread has attracted many visitors who have no interest in taknig part in these forums. It is not in the best interests of anyone to keep this flamewar going. It is however, in the best interests to work out a solution to have the fix released. Flamewars will not result in that.

This is why I am asking the trollers to stop trolling.

Last edited by mooxe on Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:52 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

yer Mooxe instead of advising against support for me.

why dont u just hop in the TJ camp.

i think u know i havent started with insults yet.

this is my way of being cordial.

u just wanna host the file.

TJ just wants it.

I’m not getting payed either, btw, yet I can’t help feel there is pressure on me, as a “sub mod maker” that shall “deliver” on time, yet I have never volunteered to be such....

according to Mooxe and TJ no list no release.

so fuck em!

Omaha Tracer fix has been deleted Twisted Evil Razz

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Then so be it.

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:58 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

p.s if u ever update it to the realistic and historical way u want.

if u get down on ur knees and ask nicely.

it might get done again at our own leisure time.

dont ask in the next couple of months thou.

or we might just make a decent Omaha mod seeming there isnt one.

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:29 pm Post subject: Näää Reply with quote

How long time would be acceptable for us to finish the “sub mod”? 1.5 years can’t be a problem, have now gone 3 month, so still another 15 month left.

Na, would not have touched it if I know what I know today. Last summer I stuck the hedge saw in a hornets nest, I ought to learn.

mooxe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a highly awaiting and anticipated fix. Feeling pressure to release the fix is quite normal since people want it badly. Ask anyone who finalized the release of Stalingrad.

If you dont have a list of all the changes you made aside from tracers can you blame Dom (or Tejszd) for not wanting it to be an official patch? If I said to you I changed 25 things in RegXtra or Fall Sverige but didnt write them down, would you let me make those updates official?

Since you dont like Tejszd's answer on this topic, I suggest asking Dom.

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:25 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

maybe,sometimes u got take a risk.

with regxtra i kept working on it always,never gave up Smile

if some1 could of solved some of my problems in the early days.

if only id be so lucky.

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:05 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
if u get down on ur knees and ask nicely

Not sure I understood that.
But if your asking people to beg for the Omaha mod fix thats just down right mean.

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:04 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

well Mik,if u put the effort in,ud might understand.

only tried for 6 pages of this thread and 3 months.

and got pulled up for some bullshit updates they had no intention of doing.

mean?

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:47 am Post subject: ! Reply with quote

We offered our help to fix it long time ago (more interested then some others it seams), when TJ demanded list of things we done, we backed out, and said to TJ he can fix and research the grenades and DD graphics and whatever him self (as he is the caretaker of Omaha anyway) and list was so important. (I respect his view, I just never made a list, dint have it).

At page three you can see how we BACKED OUT, and turned back the historical grenade amount research to TJ, so he can make a list of what he do: We said we would "maybe" follow and do fix again after TJ had done 1.4 ver: (should this not satisfy him?) Never happened… No 1.4…

Quote:
Lord post at page three, Posted: Mon May 01, 2006 9:21 pm
Post subject: mmm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well to keep historical accuracy right up there.
maybe ill let u update the mod. u can make sure the soldiers r carrying the right amount of smoke grenades.

im also interested what is the correct graphic for a DD/m4a1/m4a2/m4a3
id like to see the differences on the different model shermans
how they r interpreted as a certain model,from top down view.
ive got some serious work catching up to do in regxtra anyhow.
I may have another attempt when 1.4 Omaha comes out.

I can’t see how we can be misunderstood,

Don’t for a moment think this work is done in a blink of an eye. Don’t think it’s totally ready either. But don’t think we have worked anymore on it since the lest three month either, we was w8ing for 1.4 as we said, up to what happened on page 4:.

At page 4, TJ turn around, and say do a sub mod, does that force us to pick up the work and put in the time and realise a sub mod just for he say so. He come back after 3 month and asks where it is?

A Caretaker of a mod tells an un-volunteered unwilling sub mod maker to relise a sub mod, and point out 3 month have passed, as we are slow..?

I recomend to read all post from page one.

Na, this is my last and final post in this matter.

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does it have to be so political?

Isnt there enough of that crap in real life?

I for one was looking forward to the tracer fix.
Geuss I'll just have to wait for someone else to do it and then MAYBE upload it to be used.
But don't worry you'll always be able to post that you did it first. Rolling Eyes

Just as sad as me saying I was creating a mod for CCV,only to dump the idea months later.

Oh hey by the way,Im working on a mod for CCIV. Laughing
Truly I am.
Look for it in about 6-7 years,and that might be dog years with all the help one can get for such a task.
Currently I have almost the command screen done,a little of the others,part of 1 map (not finished or codded).
But i'm sure by the time im done I will be tired of the
"WHEN IS IT COMMING" posts
and what is it about?
And just not release it.
You guys crack me up.Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:39 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

good u can find humour in it i guess
good luck with ur mod

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just trying to make light of a difficult situation.
Hopefully cool heads will prevail and an update will be released.

Mod?
Not me,I doubt it,would like to and have ideas.

Poke around with it yes,but I still have to far a learning curve to go and then theres that whole time thingy.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, nice thread...

Soooo, can anyone tell me what I have to do to turn tracers OFF in CC5. I thought I would try it for the fun of it.

Thanks,

Stwa

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Bloody Omaha
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to: