Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Lawyer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:40 pm Post subject: Map problem with Vet BoB map pack Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm playing CCIV again after a long break and I discovered the Map pack and installed it. But there seems to have a problem with the malmedy butbenbach-bullingen-losheim section on tthe strategic map. When playing as germans, american units in malmedy just move directly to bullingen, skipping butgenbach. US units can also move from malmedy to lanzerath in the same way. I guess the problems is a matter of connection between the maps.

Is it a known bug? I tried a new install and it doesn't help. I can I correct this?

thanks in advance.

yukongold

Rep: 7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if the map pack is a plugin or a manual install...........just guessing here............do you have the VetBob mod installed? If the mappack is a plugin it should have had a "depends on VetBob v1.13" or similar statement in the install file. If you are using it with stock CCIV the strat map connections probably won't work correctly. If you are not familiar with the mod you should really try it.........the game will become very challenging.

Cheers

Lawyer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the map pack is a plug-in and you need to have vetbob 1.13 installed to play it, wich I do. I have re-installed everyting, from the whole game to the vetbob related plug-ins. I currently have the patched game, vetbob 1.13 with german vet, small tanks, british voices and the map pack. I had the malmedy battle map for vetbob too but removed it, maybe that's the problem.

Are the strat map connections in the .btd files? I don't know how to modify files

yukongold

Rep: 7

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:07 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, perhaps I can shed some light...........yes, the map btds provide the x,y coordinates for major and minor objectives (VLs), as well as the entry and exit points for the strat map. The stock Baugnez map and the repainted version for VetBob are both the same size(1560 x1560) but the btds are a bit different..........they might work interchangeably. The Malmedy map that replaces Baugnez is quite a bit bigger (2880 x1920) and the btd is very different. So I guess the long and short of it is that the btds need to stay with their respective map files. It doesn't help that there are a number of different maps all called Baugnez............there is a workaround for this but it requires some editing of the index.mpi

Ernie_M

Rep: 37.4

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:28 am Post subject: Ernie's Map Pack? Reply with quote

I agree gentlemen. The Malmady map by pvt Grunt was
NOT a part of my New Maps for BOB...it could be the
problem....Thus far, I haven't heard of any complaints
about the other maps I made in this plugin...

Lawyer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:52 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...in the mappack, the malmedy map replace the original stavelot map, west of butgenbach (original baugnez). And a unit can't move from malmedy to butgenbach...it can only move directly to bullingen.

I didn't know the malmedy map was done by pvt_grunt. Maybe he knows the answer... Smile

Have you guys played with the mappack? Everything was working correctly?

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent used the map pack in quite a long time,but if you could provide a screen shot I might be able to help with the answer.
I just can't remember off the top of my head what maps are where.
Or is there anything in the readme file that states that this was indeed a change?

Lawyer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote

ok there we go...

[/img]

So here we have the US 7th armored in malmedy. It will then move directly to bullingen and attack KG Peiper.

[/img]

And here is what happens if I move KG Peiper forward to butgenbach. US 7th armored ends up behind KG Peiper.

[img]
So this is how it looks like. The victory locations for the roads connections between these maps are correctly named. This is weird.

Also, I made a mistake in my firts post, Units can only go from malmedy to bullingen. There's no problem with Lanzerath. (south of Bullingen)
I'd greatly appreciate if you could help me to fix this Smile

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:23 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lawyer, thanks for picking up the bug! Embarassed

The first picture here shows the problem, in the Malmedy.btd file it shows an exit to "Butgenbach" but it specifies index 5, which is Bullingen.

I've also attached a repaired file Malmedy.btd with the correct index #

You should be able to copy the new file directly over the old one and not affect any save games.

Hope it works and there's no legal action coming my way Wink

Grant

Malmedy btd.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  46.1 KB
 Viewed:  8398 Time(s)

Malmedy btd.jpg

Malmedy.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Malmedy.zip
 Filesize:  8.44 KB
 Downloaded:  388 Time(s)

Lawyer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help pvt_Grunt! It works perfectly now.

Don't worry about legal action, I won't be a lawyer until next year...

But better be cautious for when i'll be one Wink

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 4: Battle Of The Bulge

Jump to: