Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1210
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2  Next
 Author
TheTomDude

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:43 pm Post subject: Vertiachy map starting positions Reply with quote

I just wanted to play Vertiachy in the grand campaign but the starting positions are misplaced. The russians start in the lower right corner and my troops have the rest of the map which makes no sense since I cannot defend the Gumrak and Pitomnik airposrts this way. Looks like the russians sneaked past my troops during the night. Rolling Eyes Any way to change this??

greez

pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:57 pm Post subject: Re: Vertiachy map starting positions Reply with quote

TheTomDude wrote:
I just wanted to play Vertiachy in the grand campaign but the starting positions are misplaced. The russians start in the lower right corner and my troops have the rest of the map which makes no sense since I cannot defend the Gumrak and Pitomnik airposrts this way. Looks like the russians sneaked past my troops during the night. Rolling Eyes Any way to change this??

greez

Hi,

Unfortunately, NO.

CC5 has been made for the Utah beach attack by the US versus the Germans, so the AI attacking from the East versus forces defending from the west.....in ALL ALL ALL the maps!!!
I have tried everything I could to resolve this, but the problem is inside the CC5 exe file, and as far as I know, nobody can resolve this.

We have to live with it, try to adapt the .btd files as best as we can (I did it)or only mod CC5 with armies attacking from the east to the west.... Hmmmmm

Cheers
PJ

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:11 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

doesnt sound like a CC5 exe problem.
programme doesnt take notice of which directions assaults r happening in.
more related to how the gc was made in scenario maker relating to ur btds.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Russian BG's arrive as reinforcements (they don't start the GC on a map) then they should appear on the map where the entry VL is located instead of the other road VL's with the Germans on the left and allies on the right.

Last edited by Tejszd on Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total

TheTomDude

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:05 am Post subject: Re: Vertiachy map starting positions Reply with quote

pzjager wrote:
TheTomDude wrote:

greez

Hi,

Unfortunately, NO.

CC5 has been made for the Utah beach attack by the US versus the Germans, so the AI attacking from the East versus forces defending from the west.....in ALL ALL ALL the maps!!!
I have tried everything I could to resolve this, but the problem is inside the CC5 exe file, and as far as I know, nobody can resolve this.

We have to live with it, try to adapt the .btd files as best as we can (I did it)or only mod CC5 with armies attacking from the east to the west.... Hmmmmm

Cheers
PJ

Hmm maybe re-placing some crucial VLs (like the roads to the only supply depots Gumrak and Pitomnik) a bit to the left of the map would solve this problem. Wink

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:25 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

my mod is based on reg CC5
here is a picture of american starting with a controlled reversed deploy(fully supplies to both sides)
where germans normally start
this took a minute to edit.

i dont have the Kessel yet,but see no differences on strat map except the 1 way vls,compared to my mod.
i dont recognise how the CC5 exe can work out left from right,east from west.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

ANZAC_Lord4war,

You can reverse the default sides; in Meuse the German teams are in the Alteams.adb file and the Germans by default appear on the right in a single battle.

CC5 does seem to make an assumption on the arrival direction when you make a single battle in the editor as neither side has entered the map from an adjoining map using an entry VL. In the Kessel it seems to be a similar situation as it is a meeting engagement on the 1st turn of the GC, so neither side has moved and since it is the 1st turn no BG has arrived as a reinforcement to use the Entry VL.

pzjager,

You could just make that map German owned to start....

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:09 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

i know u can put the alsteams in geteams and vice versa.
isnt that what Pzjager done to get extra support?

ill go back to what i originally said.
``doesnt sound like a CC5 exe problem.
more related to how the gc was made in scenario maker relating to ur btds.``

i.e making meet engagements on first day.if that is all it is,its a nice easy fix.
take a minute to fix.

pzjager

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:05 am Post subject: Re: mmm Reply with quote

ANZAC_Lord4war wrote:
doesnt sound like a CC5 exe problem.
more related to how the gc was made in scenario maker relating to ur btds.

Sorry, but ABSOLUTELY WRONG.
The game systematically attacks from the east.

PJ

pzjager

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:10 am Post subject: Re: Vertiachy map starting positions Reply with quote

TheTomDude wrote:

Hmm maybe re-placing some crucial VLs (like the roads to the only supply depots Gumrak and Pitomnik) a bit to the left of the map would solve this problem. Wink

I agree. I will modify a bit the VL's on this map, so that the russians will attack somewhere in the north-east, which will be more or less historically correct (unfortunately, however, the flags will NOT correspond to the roads)

Cheers
PJ

pzjager

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to summarise all what has been said by Tejszd and Lord4war:

1) Tejszd has reversed the GE and AI so that in his mod, the AI attacks from the east (the germans historically attacked from the east).

2) I did nor reverse anything. In SDK, Germans are GE and Russians are AI.

3) IF ONE OF YOU FINDS HOW TO FORCE THE RUSSIANS IN VERTIACHY AND ALL THE NORTHERN MAPS TO ATTACK FROM THE NORTH AND IF TAKES ONE MINUTE, DO IT IMMEDIATELY!!

4) Tejszd, I could maybe delay the russian attack in Vertiachy, Ostrovski, Kotluban and Orlovka on the second round of the mod (that means november 19th, p.m.). Why not? BUT THIS WILL NOT RESOLVE THE PROBLEM IN SERAFIMOVITCH, KLETSKAÏ AND RASPOPINSKAÏA WHERE, IF WE WANT TO BE HISTORICALLY CORRECT, THE RUSSIANS HAVE TO ATTACK RIGHT BY NOVEMBER 19th IN THE MORNING.

Any help is welcome.

Cheers
PJ

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:19 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

well its pretty simple to fix
u can have the bgs a map back,so the players move them onto the maps
that there meant to come from.

pzjager

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:26 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi;

Could you please have a look on the attachment.
I think it is a big improvement, but I really can't do more (except Tejszd idea to delay the russian attack to the 19 afternoon).

Your comments are, as always, welcome

Cheers
PJ

VERTIAC.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  VERTIAC.zip
 Filesize:  1.59 KB
 Downloaded:  340 Time(s)

pzjager

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:29 am Post subject: Re: mmm Reply with quote

ANZAC_Lord4war wrote:
well its pretty simple to fix
u can have the bgs a map back,so the players move them onto the maps
that there meant to come from.

Only problem: one map back for the russians, it is ouside the stratmap!

PJ

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:35 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

would making them attack make a big difference to the historical point?

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Made some test, changed map to German controll but it still has the russian fuel barrel. Now it says "Russians Attack" on the map but they still arrives from south.

I am almost sure it is the location of BTD;s. Had the same problem with Berlin years ago. It is a pain in the ...... with those Btd:s!

Nice mod btw! Smile

Mats

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:39 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

does the btd for that map have an entry vl on it?
coz thats all u need to make it come from the desired direction.
to make suitable for the defend attack scenario,or meeting engagement.
r the bgs in the mod going to back up on their home depots?
coz a delay at one of them could force a bg to come to the new entry.

but this is fixing it in the scenario maker and btd set up

pzjager

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:41 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapa wrote:
Made some test, changed map to German controll but it still has the russian fuel barrel. Now it says "Russians Attack" on the map but they still arrives from south.

I am almost sure it is the location of BTD;s. Had the same problem with Berlin years ago. It is a pain in the ...... with those Btd:s!

Nice mod btw! Smile

Mats

Sapa,

I don't understand what you mean:

In the GC, the Vertiachy map is ALREADY under german control, and when you arrive at the first battle, it is ALREADY a russian attack!

Please download the last version of the btd in my previous post. You will se than now the russians attack from the north-east

Cheers
PJ

pzjager

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:22 am Post subject: Re: mmm Reply with quote

ANZAC_Lord4war wrote:
does the btd for that map have an entry vl on it?

Yes, there is one, but the game systematically refuses to attack from it (at least when it is a russian attack: I will check what happens when it is a meeting battle)

PJ.

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:33 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

i thought the original battle in the gc was a meeting eng.
or have u added the entry vl since?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Jump to: