Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1180
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 9:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

poli wrote:
pzjager wrote:
pvt_Grunt wrote:
raped is a VERY strong word

It is FAR BELOW what I feel.

Cheers, and thanks for your support.

PJ

P.S.: If you play Wintergewitter, just wait for the 1.1 version, where starting positions have been fixed. It was really a concern. I have to apologise.
You can start ANY campaign or OP you want: they are totally compatible with the 1.1 version (The original SDK label is also a security!), so you won't have to restart.

Thank you.
As you say, the H2H version is already quite tough. Let's don't speak about the officials V1.0 and v1.1 Vetmods (V1.1 should be available tomorrow or so).
Have fun and don't hesitate to send me your comments. They are welcome.

Cheers
PJ

Hi Pzjager!,

I would agree with what was said above, its discourtious to just go and PUBLISH a own version without contacting the original modder first ESPECIALY when the mod in question is still'hot off the press".
I would also like to add that you shouldnt be concernd with support, you have my support and several others as well!

As for the mod, I am playing it now(no vetmods) against russian AI and am having a hell of a time! Great maps and the battles are nasty, not to mention the suprise of being overrun in the north west and finding my units out of supply!

Anyway, we got your back man so chill, its all good!

CavScout

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote

This discussion is senseless and really uncalled for.

For one, there have been several other cases of someone modding someone else's mod for the betterment of the game or just to make it more fun (BlackCats rank mods for example). And I have yet to see anyone blast them for it.

I understand you put years of hardwork into this mod, and to that we salute you. It is the modders that continue to keep this game and community alive. Let's just not be quick to cut down other modders (whether it is their own or someone else's) work as it adds to the viability and continuation of a great game.

@ Salhexe,

I see no harm or foul in what you did, as their were others who have done the same before you. However, asking for permission could have avoided some of the flak you are receiving.

Let this stuff rest, and get back into the game! Wink

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that Salhexe was out of line for making the submod without consulting pzjager first. I don't think pzjager is overreacting; I think I would have felt the same way, especially when it occured practically on the eve of launching SDK. I would have been furious.

I can only assume that Salhexe was excited about the release of SDK and jumped prematurely at making a Vetmod for single player purposes. I don't think he meant any harm or disrespect.

As a player, I would rather have updates and submods released by the author or at least sanctioned by the author so that I know its been "tuned/refined" properly and won't screw up my PC or config mgr.

Again thanks to pzjager for his work on a fine game and to those who support it. Let's play.

regards
_dtn

Pzt_Coyote

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

So PzJager did you ask permission to the creator of CC5, or did you just go ahead and messed with their files? Twisted Evil AFAIK the original creator was allways very much against modding his games. Hence the files were allways a bitch to modify, but people allways got around it and made their own editors.... damn hackers ruining perfectly good games Laughing

(seriously, you know I'm gratefull to the modders)

I don't see the problem really with people editing other peoples work aslong they give credit to the right people. How does it hurt SDK when someone else creates VetMods for it ? If people like it they will download it and use it, if they like the vanilla SDK better, or your vetmods, they will play that ...

Just keep modding away, it's what keeps this game alive, and I agree to some extend that asking permission is nice, but not neccesary, giving credit is tho!

Chef- " I just wanted to learn how to fucking cook man!"

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:00 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

creator of CC left every1 high and dry with CC5
proof is the unofficial 5.01 patch
which still doesnt get all the bugs.
if it wasnt for the modders do u think Simtek,Matrix would be toying around with a re-release?

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

Pzt_Coyote

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, and if you had read my whole post, I actually said the modding is keeping this game alive and I'm very thankful to every modder out there, no matter how small the mod... but my point still stands, noone ever asked the creators permission either, so when you get angry cause someone is building on your mod, that's pretty damn hypocrite, cause your mod has been build on CC5 and the creator never liked modding in the first place and certainly noone ever asked permission to edit CC5 Laughing
I think aslong credit is given where needed, people should just go ahead and edit eachothers work and perfect it to something you would like better ...afterall isn't that what modding is about? Don't forget that the basecode never was your own to begin with ... The only one who can genuinely be pissed off is Eric Young. (alltho I wonder how he feels about modding now after seeing his game still being alive and kicking after all those years cause of all the modding)

And I'm not denying people like PzJager put alot of time and hard work in their mods, cause they certainly do, and they certainly deserve all the credit for that!

Chef- " I just wanted to learn how to fucking cook man!"

Antony_nz

Rep: 83.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree.
I have hated it when im trying to talk to someone then a lazy power freak moderator banns me or locks the thread

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: