Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
hiddenking007

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:41 pm Post subject: shit! Where is Chinese CC5 player? Reply with quote

In this forum,little and little Chinese player came here Crying or Very sad It's very poignant Mad I wish that more and more Chinese cc series player can come here to submit topic, to communicate our experience with international CCers. I belive that Chinese CCers is best and elite tactic player!!!

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:03 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Get your countrymen to come here
www.gamespy.com

and put your money where your mouth is Wink

Vman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:33 pm Post subject: Re: shit! Where is Chinese CC5 player? Reply with quote

hiddenking007 wrote:
I belive that Chinese CCers is best and elite tactic player!!!

I've been playing this game for only about a month and I think I'm ready to take you on. ^^ Very Happy

God4Saken

Rep: 0.7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:31 am Post subject: Re: shit! Where is Chinese CC5 player? Reply with quote

hiddenking007 wrote:
I belive that Chinese CCers is best and elite tactic player!!!

Hey Hiddenking007, just because one of your ancestors wrote a famous book called "The Art of War" over 2500 years ago, doesn't make you Chinese the best at Close Combat. We Australians are the best for a very simple reason, CC is mostly about Minor Infantry Tactics (MIT's or IMT's depending on which army you served with) which is performed at the section or platoon level. In CC you can reinforce these small groups with armour, artillery and air support so you have a mixed company strength attack or defence formation. But it still comes down to tactfully using your infantry groups to achieve your objectives.

The Australian Army, of which I once served in many years ago with her majesty's displeasure, bases almost it's whole doctrine on MIT's, rather than focus solely on large formation tactics at the divisional level. They do this because Australia has a small, but well trained and reasonably well equipped army (Yeah I know, they could do with some better gear, and better pay, but that's another argument). They are very effective at this sort of warfare and so that is why we Aussies are so good at Close Combat... So there! Razz

I don't think the People's Liberation Army in China train their soldiers in MIT's, they prefer to use corps level "Human Wave" assault tactics (Often referred to as "Unleash the Horde"), which while sometimes effective, are extremely costly (And also extremely smelly when all those piles of dead bodies start to rot a few days later). I can think of one major conflict where the PLA took on the Australian Army; that was the Battle of Kapyong during the Korean War in April 1951. The PLA used massed human wave tactics against an Australian infantry battalion (With a little help from some Canadians, Americans and New Zealanders) and they held out against overwhelming numbers of Chinese soldiers. It's one of the greatest, but least known, victories in Australian military history.

Vman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:18 pm Post subject: Re: shit! Where is Chinese CC5 player? Reply with quote

[quote="God4Saken"]
hiddenking007 wrote:
they prefer to use corps level "Human Wave" assault tactics (Often referred to as "Unleash the Horde"), which while sometimes effective, are extremely costly (And also extremely smelly when all those piles of dead bodies start to rot a few days later).

Yes, but they can afford it. Wink

Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:49 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with god4saken...

What argument would it be for me as greek to claim that only I understand the meaning of tactics and/or strategy only cause they are greek words...

Yet there are some linguistic studies going on that culminate on the thesis that the analytic fundamentals of certain languages incites a certain way of logic thinking(e.g. Greek, Latin (and by that all european languages) and Chinese)... Still its it nearly impossible to prove it empirically....

Excerpt on Sin Tsu:

The chinese theorist used expression that are similar to ancient authors in europe... This means that some old greek guys either copied or influenced the chinises thinkers. This would mean that the advantage of Chinisese war theory may existed but has been nullified over the aeons, because in europe they also practise that since 300 B.C. for sure...

Also Sun Tzu is a mastermind of defense, in christian europe the offensive is expressed by the christian-latin Theory of just war, which in 75% of the cases
implies offensive warfare...

Furthermore von Clausewitz, the Prussian, wrote THE masterpiece on war, which meets scientific standards of today... he is without a doubt unreached.

To brave men few words are as good as many

ZhuDe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I hope I'm not in the minority in my belief that Chinese military tactics have somewhat evolved in the 55 years since Korea. It's fine to quote from Sun Tzu or Clauswitz, but as a wise man once said, theory is the most useful when you a'in't gotta use it.

In any event, what does this discussion have anything to do with the measure of a nationality's general aptitude for playing a computer-based tactical wargaming simulation? (assuming such a measure is feasible, or even desirable)

Volksjager_cn

Rep: 47.5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:58 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of Sun Tzu's theories are about strategic decisions. Not very useful for company sized battles but most of what he said back in 300 BC are still valid this day.

To God4Saken:
About the Korean war, PLA or PVA back then are nearly all light infantry, back to very, very few artillery and no air cover. What they faced were entrenched, best equipped armies of the world. Hard to ask for more considering of what they had achieved.

To HiddenKing:
There are always a higher mountain to climb, a better player to fight.

Pzt_Crackwise

Rep: 64.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly I must say that this discussion is a bit nonesense. I agree with Volksjaeger and think that playing a computer game well has nothing to do with your countrys military strategy or what it has achieved in the past. It merely is about game experience and tactics which you use, and in most of the situations having a quick mind helps a lot. Serving in the military may slightly help perhaps god4saken, but we should always avoid making generalizations.

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:12 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea... I would say some light hearted jabbing by Hidden King got seriously misread. That, or there are some overly sensitive ppl out there who feel that infact THEIR country is the best tactically in the world and want to debate it, LOL.

PS - Clearly it's America Wink

God4Saken

Rep: 0.7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:25 am Post subject: Reply with quote

ZhuDe wrote:
In any event, what does this discussion have anything to do with the measure of a nationality's general aptitude for playing a computer-based tactical wargaming simulation? (assuming such a measure is feasible, or even desirable)

crackwise wrote:
Sadly I must say that this discussion is a bit nonesense. I agree with Volksjaeger and think that playing a computer game well has nothing to do with your countrys military strategy or what it has achieved in the past. It merely is about game experience and tactics which you use, and in most of the situations having a quick mind helps a lot. Serving in the military may slightly help perhaps god4saken, but we should always avoid making generalizations.

Ok OK! Perhaps I should have been a little more serious in my original post in this forum. But you see, down here in Australia, most of us are imbued with what is called a "Sense of Humour". That is we love to make fun of all sorts of things and people, especially ourselves. So I was actually joking when I said Aussies were the best at CC. It's a computer game played with a mouse, it's not real and anyway, what's wrong with making generalizations?

Pzt_Mac wrote:
PS - Clearly it's America Wink

Now don't you start!! Mad

Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

my intention was to argue the same... sure nationality doesnt matter in cc5...
knowlegde in military history (eg. weapons) or tactics does...

But i would still support the idea that a sence of military theory could be implemetnted methodically in the game by a player... in any ways it wouldnt make the player worser if he sth. knows about, Sin Tzu or Clausewitz...

Example:

defending a map setting up units in a semi-circle oppsing the enemy and delure them into the centre of you defense line by using a scapegoat APC its clearly apllied military theory.... that is what i wanted to say...

To brave men few words are as good as many

Pzt-angus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with crackwise. Of course,playing a computer game well has nothing to do with your country's military strategy.
You play more, you think more.Your game skill improved and this makes you the best CCer.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Chinese forum

Jump to: