Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:41 am Post subject: Can the Germans maintain their clean vest in Afghanistan? Reply with quote

hi guys,

the germans tried to display neutrality in the battle against terror in afghanistan by restraining themselves to the north in afghanistan and concentreate on humanitarian intiatives....
(the main goal of of germans in NATO discussion is not go to the dangerous south, but is this fair towards their allies?)

... I personally find this perspective pussy like, although greece also restrains itsleft to the same burden (note that greece only has a engineer batallion there in command of kabul airport maintainance) I myself served in Kosovo and hate nationbuiding cause it gives you only a non-real policies guideline to serve for!!! thus making you nothing more than a target.

So NATO is at the crosswalk... should your foreign policy display a certain degree of neutrality to avoid terrorist attacks?

For me personally it is difficult to determine what should to be done... Greece refrains from open opposition to the middle east cause of the historic knowlegde we have and the the vulnerability due to geography closure and muslim population we have....

but what about germany? i live here and when i went to marrocco the locals told me about a "jew-eater" bonus they have...
how long will it last? after the non-working attacks in germany is it just a question of time?

just thinking loud here...

To brave men few words are as good as many

Bombardier

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think the unwillingness of certain NATO allies to honour their agreements, whilst British, Canadian and American soldiers are hard pressed to contain a numerous and well-supplied enemy, is appalling.

I'm no supporter of Blair's Labour Government, they've done more harm to this country than good after almost a decade in power, but I'm a supporter of our brave soldiers, packed off to some of the most inhospitable locations on Earth, with the bare minimum of equipment and support, and expected to not only defeat a fanatically determined enemy, but also conduct re-building and peace-keeping initiatives.

That British soldiers are fighting for their lives a comparatively short distance from our supposed allies, who sit safely ensconced in the placid North and refuse to come to their aid, is a disgusting state of affairs. Of course this has nothing to do with the German or any other international military contingents, whose bravery cannot be doubted, but the political manoeuvring of our respective governments and their attempts to embarrass each other.

Damn all the politicians I say. Mad

Searry

Rep: 3.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 11:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto.

Real.Romanians

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

He who starts a war, he must end it and not to throw the burden on his comrade's shoulders to repair his faults; isn't this a matter of honour also? When you prepare for war, first of all you must make yourself sure you can afford it by yourself. When in defense, well that's another story; remember, people support each other in bad times, that means when they are threatened, not when they threaten other people. So, let's try to see the pacifist point of view also. Afghanistan and Irak are simply business and have nothing to do with honour. Romanian soldiers died there too and I'm not happy about it; like Germany, Romania hasn't problems with muslims YET, we have a large number of muslims who live in perfect harmony with the Romanian majority, from the Middle Age, when they came. So, I'm afraid too, not to spoil the relaxed relationship with our muslim community - they are nice people and suffered along with us, in bitter times; but when you're in a band you must obey the rules (it's a matter of honour) and Romania sent troops in Afghanistan consequently. So, Polemarchos, if no German soldier has died yet and the German troops are in a safe place, you must be happy that your boys are kept far from troubles.

"La Garde meurt et ne se rend pas! Merde!"
Général Cambronne

Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Real.Romanians wrote:
So, Polemarchos, if no German soldier has died yet and the German troops are in a safe place, you must be happy that your boys are kept far from troubles.

i am Greek, just live in Germany.... problem is 18 Germans died in Afghanistan by a suicide attack back in 2004, while they were on a bus that should drive them to the plane to go home. They do a very good job in nationbuilding helping muslims to build up their country as gentlemen not as rambos...Still they suffer some attacks...

On the other if Brits&Can are calling for support you cant just stay out of trouble for the sake of your publics opinion about the war...there is a sort of honor-codex within nato.

i agree with all of you its just its not about christians and muslims or US vs. EU interests... I just cant deside what takes precedence:
Clean vest or bad reputation within some Nato states...

To brave men few words are as good as many

Real.Romanians

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Polemarchos wrote:

if Brits&Can are calling for support you cant just stay out of trouble for the sake of your publics opinion about the war...there is a sort of honor-codex within nato.

Read this once again please Smile
Real.Romanians wrote:
when you're in a band you must obey the rules (it's a matter of honour).

So I agree with you that a man of honour must keep his word and respect his agreements. What I wanted to say was that before one is about to start something (a war for example), he must know and respect the other's opinions who might be involved in his business at some point and not when he is in trouble. This is called diplomacy, which must precede the voice of the guns, in my opinion. But maybe I'm wrong. Embarassed

"La Garde meurt et ne se rend pas! Merde!"
Général Cambronne

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: