Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1215
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
wickedakuba

Rep: 5.5

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:30 am Post subject: statergy questions? Reply with quote

hi everyone ive just got CC2 and been playing it a fair bit agaisnt the computer, which now iam playing hero mode so i can get better.

ok i have a few questions with the stratergy,

1. when entering buildings that are occupied is it better to sneak and enter or move fast? please explain why

2.if you use a mortar on a building does it have any effect? because when i mortar a building they still seem to be able to shoot my men that are about to enter.

3.is it easier to win as germans because iam finding the german grand campaign pretty easy.(on vetren)

4.how good are snipers because i allways have at least 1 if i can and i think they make a difference to the battle because they are cheap and you can put them out the way and they kill.

5.how many people play CC2 online? because hopfully ill be playing online soon

Luft_Karabiner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote

1. (I assume you mean occupied by the enemy) The best way to enter is 'move fast', as your troops will grenade the enemies and then assualt them.

2. The effectiveness of the mortar depends on the type of house - a stone house provides better protection from mortars than a wooden one.

3. The grand campaign is easier to win as Germans usually, and the Germans have much better units and equipment (e.g panzerfausts for most infantry units).

4. Snipers are good at picking out leaders; the best way to use them is just to leave them on 'defend'.

5. many people play online. See this link for info -
http://tournamenthouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7432

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Good tips Karabiner Wink .

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

DarkKnight

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree as well.

1. Sneak seems to be terrible for entering a building. You would think 'move' would be the best, but they usually wind up sneaking to avoid getting hit. 'Move fast' is the only way to get in there and engage. I've had decent success, but usually half my men kill themselves by running to where they just threw grenades or explosives (esp sturmgrenadiers).

2. 1-level and some 2-level house offer practically no protection in my experience.

3. The Germans are much easier because of the historical situation if anything. The allies have few supplies and little armor, as opposed to the Nazis who can throw SS and panzers on them after day 1. The allies also have almost no good ground to invade or regroup on, and they can't regroup much because they'll lose time. Their tanks were historically all undergunned and underarmored (but much quicker) than the medium and heavy panzers.
Also, the AI has never been that great so even if XXX Corps throws their best Firefly's, Sherman 76/105's, and Crocodiles at you, you can often beat that with well-placed infantry since the Nazis seem to all be crack shots with panzerfausts.

4. Snipers are totally useless. They've never done anything for me except waste ammo or cause a brief distraction. It's a shame since I think having an effective sniper would change up the infantry game a lot.

5. Can't help ya, personally. Don't have the time to really get going online... this is more of a very casual past-time for me.

Happy hunting.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

Jump to: