Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1209
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Sportster49

Rep: 21.9

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:09 pm Post subject: Der Kessel Gameplay Reply with quote

I had been playing Der Kessel solitaire as the Germans. Every scenario cramped my forces into a small area at the start from which I had to try to escape before the devastating artillery came. It's impossible. Up to a half of my forces were wiped out or armor disabled before I could even maneuver. I said ok, I'll play the easy win as the Ruskies. Sure enough, my arty blew the bejesus out of the Krauts, then came the morters, same result. OK time to advance my troops and capture some flags. Not happinin'! Some of the slackers refuse to move! "Can't reach target"! Bull!! They're behind cover and still refuse to move. As I see it, any army I command will obey orders, or else. This is the most aggravating mod I have played yet. Is that a good thing?

War is Hell.

FireDevlin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.

My experience is different. I have been playing solo also as Germans and only in a few maps are I cramped into a "meeting engagement". I tend to move quickly (with losses, yes...but not 50%) to cover and disperse into usually groups of three or so..........concentrated into battlegroups.

The arty and mortars are tough, but if you wanted a mod where you have survivors at the end of the campaign that end up with gaggles of kills and medals, this one isn't it. I find it very challenging though and that is a relief.

Keep trying....I am doing rather well as the Germans. My only complaint is that no one survives long enough to win any medal other then a assault badge!

Razz

roonburg

Rep: 1.9

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:40 am Post subject: Reply with quote

With guys in cover not moving. I dont know whether its the same problem but a while ago when i changed mods something must have screwed up. All terain became impassable to infantry. Hadges, walls, buildings all couldnt be crossed. All I got was the "cant reach target" everytime I tried to move anything.

I swapped the mod out then back in and I've never had the problem again. Worth a try I guess.

Antony_nz

Rep: 85.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Im playing historical GC. H2H
Im the germans and my mates the russains.
The fist few maps i have just slaughtered him in the open.
But the next few maps are going to be urban.
It will give him a chance to make some ground.

In the open maps my german snipers have done very well.

Geting up to 14 kills.

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sportster49!

Keep hour horses, guy ! « The most Aggravating mod » you never played !! No less than that…. I am just happy to tell you that is not really what 99% of CC players think. But anyway….

To be serious, first of all I would like to tell you that, reading your message, I can’t believe that the mod you have installed is SDK…. Are you sure of that?

1) Small area in the beginning!!!!!! 95% of the maps of SDK, when you play as the Germans, are under “Russian attack”, so you have a large part of the map area for you.
2) “Units refuse to move”….. ????????????????????? Maybe you want your tanks to go from one place to another 700 meters ago at 100 km/h…. The only units that refuse to move are the AI MG’s in vetmods (but you are not supposed to play like this) and some units where the terrain is not convenient (sorry, the AT guns, for instance, will not move to a rocky terrain). Excepting that, units do not refuse to move in any way. I have been playing SDK for two years and I have never experienced something similar!
3) “Any army I command will obey orders”….Are you joking, here? Anyway, if you want your units to obey, you have just to take this option in the main menu… It’s boring, I can tell you.
4) “Is it a good thing?”. I don’t know! If you don’t like it, just don’t like it and play an other mod or, I fear, an other game.

In summary, reading your message, I asked to myself:

1) Is it a provocation?
2) Is it a joke?
3) Do you know how to play CC?

Last but not least, SDK is a tough mod and has been made to be tough. Players who want to destroy all the enemy forces without casualties will definitively don’ appreciate it. In addition, if you want to play with the Germans (by far the most interesting), don’t forget that this battle was a huge defeat for the Axis forces. You really can’t hope to win “the fingers in the nose” when playing Germans.

The only thing I can propose you is to ensure that it is well SDK which is installed, then reinstall all your game. There is something wrong in your PC.

Cheers
Panzerjäger

pzjager

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

roonburg wrote:
With guys in cover not moving. I dont know whether its the same problem but a while ago when i changed mods something must have screwed up. All terain became impassable to infantry. Hadges, walls, buildings all couldnt be crossed. All I got was the "cant reach target" everytime I tried to move anything.

I swapped the mod out then back in and I've never had the problem again. Worth a try I guess.

Hi,

Sorry, I did not read your message before giving my answer to Sports49....

I thing your point is a good point. He has really to reinstall the game. There is definitively something wrong in his config.

Thanks for your message.
Panzerjäger

Antony_nz

Rep: 85.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea topic starter?
Alot of close combat fans need to do this,
When you play a map study the terrain,
You will be suprised what you see.
Too start with you dont notice if thats a hill or not, But when you take a 2nd look...

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonds like the OP is playing the wrong side of a vetmod, as pzjager says.

kukov

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

just gotta say that this mod is one of the best i've played along with bloody omaha great work...

Well the only thing that really bothered me was the starting points being wrong but that seems to hav been resolved with the update.

I always moan about the AI aswell. But thats not ur fault Smile

will be playing this until something better comes out and i can see myself having to wait a long time.......

pzjager

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

kukov wrote:
Well the only thing that really bothered me was the starting points being wrong but that seems to hav been resolved with the update.

Hi,

As you say, this issue has been first resolved with the update 1.1 and will be even better resolved with the upcoming version.

Just keep in mind that SDK has been, right by the beginning, something new in term of gameplay. Just because it was new regarding the Strategic map/ Battle/ etc... just an encircling battle which was NOT the aim of standart CC5 which was a "front to front" battle.
The v1.0 version wasn't maybe ideal. I know that. The v1.1 is already much better. THe upcoming 1.2 (or 2.0...I don't know!!) will be close to what I wanted. But, my friend, just understand that this version will be alive because of you and all the CC players who have kindly told me what might be perfectible! It will be done. I promise. The upcoming version is really nice, I can tell you (I am currently playing it: so nice that I.....am loosing, ....yes) and will give you a lot of fun. In addition, a large numbere of maps will be improved and will be part of the next version.

JUst as a matter of summary, please don't forget that SDK:

1) was/is a new CC kind of play so...
2) It can't be adjusted before some months
3) It will be adjusted until what I believe is closest to perfection
4) Will be ultimately followed by SOC.

Cheers
Panzerjäger

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been playing SDK with another Pzt member and have become a HUGE fan of this Mod. It is a lot of fun to play.

My Pzt friend created an ongoing GC and I have been his opponent for over half the battles. Our one complaint is that the GC is now crashing every battle at 00.00 time. We're trying to remember to hit truce at about 10 secs left but its aggrevating when we forget and have to rebuild the battle. I assume you are fully aware of the crash problem and are working on it for the v1.2 release.

Again, great job with the mod, I love playing it and I look forward to your revisions.

pzjager

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_kevin_dtn wrote:
I have been playing SDK with another Pzt member and have become a HUGE fan of this Mod. It is a lot of fun to play.

My Pzt friend created an ongoing GC and I have been his opponent for over half the battles. Our one complaint is that the GC is now crashing every battle at 00.00 time. We're trying to remember to hit truce at about 10 secs left but its aggrevating when we forget and have to rebuild the battle. I assume you are fully aware of the crash problem and are working on it for the v1.2 release.

Again, great job with the mod, I love playing it and I look forward to your revisions.

Hi,

Really:

1) Happy that you like the mod
2) Deceived that the game can crash in some H2H situations!
To be honest with you, I did not make a lot of extrawork on H2H, just assuming that "if the mod never crashes while playing against the AI" (And as I know nobody had this problem), it would certainly work in H2H as well. You know, I am not an expert in programing (Moding is NOT programing), so maybe there is something somewhere which can make the mod crash...

ANYWAY, did you play whith your opponent with the same SDK version? IT IS VERY IMPORTANT. When playing againsy AI, it is not an issue to go from V1.0 to V1.1. In H2H, it can certainly cause some problems. PLEASE check with your friend. Make sure that both of you have the same version (Ideally the V1.1, even if the 1.2 will be released somewhere in spring). If not, download both the same version and comeback to me if you still encounter issues.

I want to help you. It is so nice to go until mid-december and counterattackin the Kalmouk Steppe!!

Cheers
Panzerjäger

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes we both have version 1.1 with no submods installed.

Pzt_Hornet is Germans and is hosting the ongoing GC. Pzt_Ronson and I are taking turns as Russians.

Our solution has been to TRUCE the game with 10 seconds remaining. If we dont, it goes to 00.00 time and gets stuck and does NOT save. We then have to rebuild the battle based on advances before moving onto the next battle.

I don't know if this would be of any help but, as you know RD_Oddball and his team created Africa and it has never crashed once with all the H2H games that I have played with it and I have fought probably 25 or more H2H battles on it. I don't know if he would have any suggestions.

Again - I love playing SDK, its a great game and I'm so happy that you created it. I'm a big fan.

pzjager

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_kevin_dtn wrote:
Yes we both have version 1.1 with no submods installed.

Pzt_Hornet is Germans and is hosting the ongoing GC. Pzt_Ronson and I are taking turns as Russians.

Our solution has been to TRUCE the game with 10 seconds remaining. If we dont, it goes to 00.00 time and gets stuck and does NOT save. We then have to rebuild the battle based on advances before moving onto the next battle.

I don't know if this would be of any help but, as you know RD_Oddball and his team created Africa and it has never crashed once with all the H2H games that I have played with it and I have fought probably 25 or more H2H battles on it. I don't know if he would have any suggestions.

Again - I love playing SDK, its a great game and I'm so happy that you created it. I'm a big fan.

Hi,

Interesting comments!
I will have a look on that.

In the meantime, have fun with the mod whileplaying 10 seconds less!

Cheers
PJ

P.S.: Does anyone have the same problem when this mod OR any other CC5mod?

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 99.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote

The 00:00 bug is a CC5 thing, it has been an issue for years. Some people like me never get it, others get it all the time.

It's like the XP bugs, I'm lucky to run CC5 on XP no worries, no compatibilty issues, nothing. It's not like I did anything special, it just seems to be some computers and not others.

Ivan_Zaitzev

Rep: 56.1
votes: 3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, i have the same problem mentioned before, the deplyment zone is a "small" scuare and most of the flags in almost all the maps are posesed by the enemy, no mather if i play as the russians or as the germans.

I allready tried to uninstal and install the PLN but with the same results, i still playing it no matter this little problem. Rolling Eyes

The real Close Combat starts when you are out of ammo.
Have you hugged your AT Gun today?
My Youtube Channel
http://closecombat2.blogspot.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

mochoho

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 9:18 pm Post subject: Great mod :) Reply with quote

Thanks Pz Jager, im really enjoying SDK...

Great arsenal of weapons, units (Croatian who first entered the red october)... Only missing Kv2...

:prostration

http://www.vojska.net

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Der Kessel

Jump to: