Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1212
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Pzt_Wruff

Rep: 17.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:48 pm Post subject: Out of Memory" error with h2h cc5 - Windows Vista Reply with quote

New pc with Windows Vista. CC5 runs fine vs AI. Testing h2h though and I get the CC error "OUT OF MEMORY".
I can connect with my opponent, but when loading the game file I get the "Out of Memory" error.

Today I've read some bad things about Vista and CC.

A. What's the typical fix for the "Out of Memory" CC error? (I've got plenty of memory).
B. What's the story with CC5 and Windows Vista? Playable?

Thanks!

ZAPPI4

Rep: 33.3
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, we receved many complains about CC and vista.
I still use XP for some more month so i dont know.

Is it dual core combinated with vista pc?

As i heard than problm would come from the dual core.
If u use DC, try to configure the pc to launch the game by using only 1 core, then u normaly got option to "pause" 1core.
Look around that

Tout est possible ... il faut juste connaitre quand.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much Zappi. I'll definetly check into that. Yes, is duel core AMD Athlon 64 x2.

Anyone else has any input on this subject I appreciate it.

We gotta keep CC alive with this next generation of os. CC forevah!

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:24 am Post subject: mm Reply with quote

try contacting Tack

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

Pzt_Wincent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:06 am Post subject: I am going crazy of VISTA Reply with quote

Sad Guys ...just this week got finnaly computer from Dell. Hmm..I didn't have any other possibility (Dell didn't offer) to change from Vista OS. I felt that it could be a problem with that new multimedial ..advertising..taking money from pocket...f...g...OS. But I didn't know that dual core could be a problem. I got 1.89 dual core 6300 Intel procesor. I though after so long time I couldn't play my favourite game it will be great to meet you again on battlefield. Looks that it will be problem. I went through some problems during instalation couz I still have (unfortunatelly) piracy copy of the game couz I couldn't buy it (I am going to do it through e-bay). After instalation (I copied whole game on the hardisk and installed from hardisk after changing compatibility of auto-run and setup .exe files) I went through patching and then CFGV13. Config manager was not able to create Packages folder because of restriction of this fucking OS (sorry for language but when you hit 300000 times button CONTINUE to allow creating pure folders AND THEN AGAIN SYSTEM ASK YOU TO PERMIT ACTION YOU PERMITED 0.0001 sec. ago you are driving crazy and you have mood to send Bill Gates some mailbomb or something) ..so I remembered folders for config manager ..I created them alone. I installed game and I got message UNABLE TO OPEN FILE FOR STREAMING....never get this error shit before ..but I swear will go also through it ...but to swith of one of the procesor ???? I never though it will be so bad. That's all from me now. Hope I will not hit this computer.. Mad Mad Mad

Pzt_Wincent

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 10:39 am Post subject: Reply with quote

All right. Solved. Just need to setup router (which is managed by somebody else) and I will try H2H. Hope It will be ok. Also I must train again and get into game asap. My goal is to defeat AT_ZAPPI Smile))) Twisted Evil

Pzt_Wruff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:30 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran CC in win95 compatibility mode and it works fine in h2h now. I don't think that I really even had any issues with vista/cc compatibility. Just the usual stuff.

Pzt_Wincent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:34 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to run too. But i don't have in multiplayer scree buttons. No TCP/IP method button, no UDP button...no make a game button....nothing only backround Sad(((((. Propably i will reinstall cc5. But it is in all mods. I am absolutely saaaad about this. Still brother has XP. So I will try at least router on it.

Pzt_jojo7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

"I ran CC in win95 compatibility mode and it works fine in h2h now. I don't think that I really even had any issues with vista/cc compatibility. Just the usual stuff."

Would be nice Wruff if u post how u got it working ,as far as i know cc5 needs ipx/netbios to be able to play h2h and in Vista that's not available.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess -> Tech Support

Jump to: