Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1221
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Harbingercmt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:26 pm Post subject: Cross of Iron Question Reply with quote

Just purchased the Close Combat Cross of Iron game (Repackaged CCIII) and would like to know how to install the various mods...specifically the Grossdeutschland mod. The download page says there are directions in a read me file but hell if I can see it in any of the downloads. Thanks much in advance.

CavScout

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:14 pm Post subject: Re: Cross of Iron Question Reply with quote

Harbingercmt wrote:
Just purchased the Close Combat Cross of Iron game (Repackaged CCIII) and would like to know how to install the various mods...specifically the Grossdeutschland mod. The download page says there are directions in a read me file but hell if I can see it in any of the downloads. Thanks much in advance.

STEP 1) Download the mod you wish to install to your computer
- Almost 99% of mods come in a zipfile. with in each zip file is the plugin file.

STEP 2) Extract (unzip) the plugin file to this directory: C:\Program Files\Close Combat\plugins

STEP 3) If a mod requires maps (which most do) then you must download the map files or the map pack which contains all the maps required. Extract the map pack or map zip files to: C:\Program Files\Close Combat\Close Combat III\Maps

STEP 4) Once the plugin and all necessary map files are extracted to the proper folder locations then open up the MOD SWAP utility: C:\Program Files\Close Combat\CCModSwap.EXE

STEP 5) With ModSwap open, click on CC3. All mods you have available will be displayed in the white box. Highlight the mod you wish to install. The click File>Install The mod will then install. Close ModSwap and launch game.

Presto.

Harbingercmt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

CavScout,
I just followed your instructions to the "T" for the Grossdeutschland Mod as well as the France 1940 Mod. No Joy.

Opening the Mod Swapper I notice I am only allowed to select CCIII as that is the only CC installed on my computer. There is nothing in the large white box below that. I click on File and select install where I am presented with only one plug in to install...Something called, "MMCCIIIMultiplayer.cc3".

Now if I change the file type I'm looking for to "All files"; I find the missing Mod plug ins. However, when I select these plug in files and click O.K., I am greeted with an error message saying, "An error occurred while trying to read this mod file. The archive may be corrupt. Unable to install this Mod file."

I have now tried this on both my desk top and lap top computers with the exact same results. Is there something else I'm missing?

CavScout

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 2:43 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

MMCCIIIMultiplayer.cc3 is for the MMCCIII program for muti-player. Which means you do have a plugins folder to access, which also means you don't have any other plugin available in that folder.

Skip step 5 as this may not be working properly for you.

- Make sure that you have extracted the mod plugin file from the zip file into the plugin folder.

- You can manual check the plugin folder to ensure that the file extracted properly by using Windows Explorer and going to the plugins location.

If you see you mod located in the plugins folder then with ModSwap open, click file File>Install and then the mod you want installed.

Hopefully this will work for you. If not LMK.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

When you download the Grosdeutschland plugin it is an exe file.

Run the exe and it will by default install the plugin to your \plugins folder.

Open modswap

Select install

Install the mod

Close Modswap

Play Grossdeutschland.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 3: The Russian Front

Jump to: