Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:54 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

thats excellent news if true
will make a lot of players happy.
well done.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

thorbeer. All kinds of things bug, when you change the .dll. For example, i could immobilize a Stug with infantry, and shutrmoviks don't work. spotting is f'ed up etc. So a MP patch is needed.

AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:27 pm Post subject: nahh Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
thorbeer. All kinds of things bug, when you change the .dll. For example, i could immobilize a Stug with infantry, and shutrmoviks don't work. spotting is f'ed up etc. So a MP patch is needed.

No, has nothing to do with .dll...

thorbeer

Rep: 6.6

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:

We play it in MP and it sometimes crashes. I can comeback later with some description... However its a really cool mod, still very funny. But an update is needed.

Back to fierce fighting Razz

Bombardier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say how much I'm currently enjoying this mod.

Top work. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Bombardier wrote:
Just wanted to say how much I'm currently enjoying this mod.

Top work. Wink

Me and my son plays it MP, it crashes and thats very frustrating. But we keep on, BoB is really fun.

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:16 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

It is wery frustrating for me to!! When i made the mod i had no good internetconnection and only one computer. In the read me for the mod i can recall it is written "not tested in multiplayer or lan"...yes it is true, not everyone sits on a 24mbits line..

..anyway, here is the updated CCResource.dll file made from the 5.01 patch. I hope this will solve your problems. Put this in CC5 main and overwrite the old one. Just in case make a backup of your old file!

Mats

Mistmatz

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:15 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Any feedback regarding this dll update? Did it fix the multiplayer issue?

If so is there a pln update planned?

thorbeer

Rep: 6.6

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Mistmatz wrote:
Any feedback regarding this dll update? Did it fix the multiplayer issue?

If so is there a pln update planned?

The mod can be played in mp. But it sometimes crashes to .exe in very intense fighting. It seems to have something to do with a "sound overload".

However the mod is really fun so for the first time I/we accepted playing on with the mod and try to avoid the crashes. There are also crashes when trying to hit "truce". This time as I recall the game just stop responding.

We keep our fingers crossed for a updated version though.
What makes this mod fun:
+ great maps and balance between rural and city maps
+ Overall good attack-battle routes.
+ Game balance between G. and R. Its really fun having the R. so strong from the beginning. There are fierce fighting from the beginning, altough G;s are weakened.

- to much of sounds and to strong.
- the German tanks need to be upgraded some, the Tigers gets blown up as P IV;s. Lack of armour and 88-punch.
- R. Katuscha/ air support little to effective. Well hidden G;s defenders blow up to easy.

Playing it in mp is really fun and a challange. Inspite of its flaws this is the best mod I played.

Troger

Rep: 17.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 7:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapa I really think you should devote some time to updating BoB. Even in it's current state, which lets be honest is anything but perfect, people love it! Why devote time on anything else when people are so commited to the work you have done on Berlin?

What needs to be changed is not that much work considering how much you have already put in. If you need a hand I can do what I can, I have offered before. I'd be more then willing to play test with another devoted BoB fan.

jdalton

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:14 pm Post subject: Feedback on mod Reply with quote

Although its late, for what its worth, I think this is a fantastic mod- great maps, lots of variety in the maps- much more than the original. Maps are very high quality too. Yes the crashes occasionally are annoying but I'm still playing this after what a year? johnd.

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Just started playing this mod, really a blast :Cool . One thing I have noticed when playing as Germans is that the Russian vehicles will blow the crap out
of anything if that unit fires, but my MG units can fire the entire battle and
the vehicles don't really fire on them. Anyone else notice anything like this?

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sapa
I think I've already posted a couple comments in the Karelia2 forum regarding interest in developing a custom Op for use in Multi Players Wars.

Within Pzt Gruppe, as well as many other clans, we like to create balanced Custom Ops so that our members can fight it out h2h in organized Wars. A large number of these organized events have occured within Normandy based mods such as GJS, UT1.3, SAS and Meuse. But I think we're getting a little tired of constantly fighting wars in the same Theatre and would like to consider other Mods and Theatres.

I am already attempting to develop a custom op for Karelia2 and will test it out this weekend vs my son. I assume the most recent update of Karelia 2.2 addressed issues for multiplayer play (At least I'll find out this weekend when I test it).

Getting to the point, I would like to create a custom Op using your Battle of Berlin Mod, but I'm not sure if it has been updated to allow Multi Player play. I've read about some quick fixes in several posts within this forum but I would also like to know if you have any intentions of updating BoB in the near future.

Nothing shuts down a Multi Player war faster than a buggy Mod. That's probably why we fight so many wars in GJS and UT1.3. They are sufficiently stable to accomodate a lengthy war.

Anyways, let us know if you are working on an update to this Excellent Mod and let us know if and when you anticipate making it available to the CC community. Again thanks for all your hard work on creating these awsome mods and for feeding my ongoing CC appetite.

Pzt_Kevin_dtn
Hauptmann
Pzt CC Gruppe

http://www.geocities.com/panzertruppen1/PztCCGruppe2.html

dgfred

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Questions about Katyusha observers and other observers. When you have these guys in the force- what exactly do they do?

Do they have to see a target to fire?
Do they fight like regular infantry?
The pic for the unit leader looks like a mortar???
Do air or arty observers work the same?
Give me some tips and stats. Very Happy

Sapa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

dgfred wrote:
Questions about Katyusha observers and other observers. When you have these guys in the force- what exactly do they do?

They have the orange line as mortars (if i recall correctly). Does what it says calls in Katyusha rockets or Air-Support (with airplane graphics).

/Mats

Sapa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Kevin_dtn wrote:
Hey Sapa
I think I've already posted a couple comments in the Karelia2 forum regarding interest in developing a custom Op for use in Multi Players Wars.

Within Pzt Gruppe, as well as many other clans, we like to create balanced Custom Ops so that our members can fight it out h2h in organized Wars. A large number of these organized events have occured within Normandy based mods such as GJS, UT1.3, SAS and Meuse. But I think we're getting a little tired of constantly fighting wars in the same Theatre and would like to consider other Mods and Theatres.

I am already attempting to develop a custom op for Karelia2 and will test it out this weekend vs my son. I assume the most recent update of Karelia 2.2 addressed issues for multiplayer play (At least I'll find out this weekend when I test it).

Getting to the point, I would like to create a custom Op using your Battle of Berlin Mod, but I'm not sure if it has been updated to allow Multi Player play. I've read about some quick fixes in several posts within this forum but I would also like to know if you have any intentions of updating BoB in the near future.

Nothing shuts down a Multi Player war faster than a buggy Mod. That's probably why we fight so many wars in GJS and UT1.3. They are sufficiently stable to accomodate a lengthy war.

Anyways, let us know if you are working on an update to this Excellent Mod and let us know if and when you anticipate making it available to the CC community. Again thanks for all your hard work on creating these awsome mods and for feeding my ongoing CC appetite.

Pzt_Kevin_dtn
Hauptmann
Pzt CC Gruppe

http://www.geocities.com/panzertruppen1/PztCCGruppe2.html

I cant say if i ever will finnish of Berlin 2, sorry! When i made Berlin i stated several times that it was not tested in multiplayer but it seems that people doesent reads the read me... Mad

I didnt know at the time how important the CCResource.dll file was for multiplayer games but i have posted a new version here two times for testing but nobody answered if i was ok and i gave it all up..

Same thing is with the single battle crashes, didnt know how to solve them when the mod was done.

Cheers Mats

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sapa,

Play some CC again and have some fun with the game so it doesn’t seem like work. Then as time permits make some small changes to improve things;

For multiplayer: start with the CC5.01 CCResource.dll and change references to German and American to Russian and Finnish with a hex editor.

For the single player crash: Make sure that every line in the original CC5 vehicles.adb that had a wreck has a wreck in the mod. You might have to move a couple of things but it is cut and paste. Of course the team file references to the vehicles will have to be updated but it isn’t that much work.

Your mods are great, just need to be updated based on the what we know today about making CC5 mods….

Last edited by Tejszd on Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

dgfred

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:02 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapa wrote:
dgfred wrote:

They have the orange line as mortars (if i recall correctly). Does what it says calls in Katyusha rockets or Air-Support (with airplane graphics).

/Mats

Thanks for the quick reply. Much fun. :hurt10

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all realize that BoB was created for single play and we respect your desires to design a strong single player mod. But there are a significant number of CC players who enjoy the mod and would like the added challenge of playing is verse a human opponent.

Is it possible to create a Submod for BoB that would address the needs of h2h play? That way if someone wants to play single player mode they can use the original mod and if they want h2h they can plugin the submod. Just a thought.

dgfred

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm playing the Berlin 'city' Operation right now, very enjoyable Very Happy .

Situation is: Myself and a dedicated, some say fanatical group of officers have
taken over the inner city defences, Hitler has been 'disposed' of... we have
decided to save the city/people of Berlin against the advancing Red Hordes
until a truce can at least be made with the western Allied forces- maybe they will even decide to join forces with us against the communist and push
them out of Europe.

Already heavy carnage in the Charlottenburg sector (18th PzGr vs 12thGTK)
and Moltke Bridge sector (9th FJ vs 26th GSK)- situation is under control at the moment, but does look quite grim. Updates will follow if possible :hurt7 .

Commander dgfred

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Battle of Berlin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: