Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1180
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:55 pm Post subject: Fighting Tactics in DDay Utah Sector Reply with quote

This thread is for any players who want to discuss fighting tactics in DDay Utah Sector.
As the gameplay takes some adjusting to.
There r no silly questions,thou i may have a few silly answers Rolling Eyes .
It may be a case of u feel u r being killed too easy,too hard.
Dont understand the cover,it goes on,even charging into houses.
If it is about a certain area on a map.
A hard deploy it dont matter.
those that know me know they will get an honest answer.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Observations:
- I've noticed that troops tend to die a lot quicker than we're normally used to.

- Troops seem to run faster as well.

Question regarding cover - I hid troops in hedges and it all showed cover with black outline. At first I thought I set it wrong but then I moved a unit under a tank and got green cover. So what's the deal here and how does it affect gameplay and what my opponent can see?

Edit:
I fought a battle in Auville Sur le Vey and struggled to get a Sherman to cross the bridge. Placing a move command made each tank turn around and move northeast around the bunker. i finally got one tank to the middle of the bridge by giving it short commands of 5-10 meters at a time. But time ran out before I could get it across.

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:30 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

Quote:
Question regarding cover - I hid troops in hedges and it all showed cover with black outline. At first I thought I set it wrong but then I moved a unit under a tank and got green cover. So what's the deal here and how does it affect gameplay and what my opponent can see?

Try hiding the troops behind the hedges,instead of on top of them.
This gives them natural cover.
Of course there are times u need to be on top of them for elevation purposes in scouting and ambushing.
Always sneak into position and ambush to avoid detection.
If you move fast over hedge u will be even more exposed.
With large hedgerows they have small hedgerows on their outer.
so if u in middle u r on highest part.
and more other positions maybe able to shoot at you.
if ur going to expose a team make sure u have at least 3 covering it.

Quote:
Troops seem to run faster as well.
I've noticed that troops tend to die a lot quicker than we're normally used to.

Hehe depends who im playing,when u get use to cover u make less mistakes.And the troops r quickly winded under any sustained running.

Yer bridge at auville i coded so as not to make quick crossing,or map maybe too simple to storm in 1 go,Tip try using a stuart.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

Antony_nz

Rep: 83.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

How easy is it to take out AT guns, And is it easyer to take out men with AP guns?

This is by far one of the most realistic game play mods.

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I faced a 5cm ATG that was holed up in a bunker. I sent a Greyhound down the road to recon and it got hit by the ATG. But it took the ATG 5 rounds to knock out the Greyhound. I then brought up a sherman and it killed the ATG is 1-2 shots even with it in the bunker.

I also came across a 7.5cm ATG that had a MG within the unit that chewed up my infantry. I attacked it with Infantry from opposing sides and knocked it out.

A third ATG was knocked out by a Ship Based barrage.

I really like the new maps and am enjoying exploring this mod.

Antony_nz

Rep: 83.9
votes: 6

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Attacking/Deffending towns and houses is so more realistic.
Gameplay wise this is the most realistic mod so far.

http://talesofclosecombat.blogspot.co.nz/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

comradeone

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:29 pm Post subject: Tactics for entering buildings. Reply with quote

What are the best ones?

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:59 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

pound them to oblivion first always works best for me.
any tank or AA type weapons seem to do well.
even inf to a window then lob an explosive in with indirect fire.

Chym

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:41 am Post subject: Some feed back Reply with quote

Hi Lord4war,

Played a few days as german of this campaign in H2H yet, very entertaining so far, but just a few little remarks.

- yes troops are deing very fast, too fast I find, like a full panzergrenadier squad in middle of a big hedge being mauled down in 2 sec by one us squad firing on it.

- I had a B1bis being shot by a sherman THROUGH a big house lol . Sherman was like 100m away and B1 running 20m behind the house. Then boom, the shell went just through that house.

- Are the Panzerschrecks working as intended? Hit 26 times, yes I count every hit :p, various differents US and germans tanks. All in all, managed to burn a Pz3, and immobilize 3 others tanks, no more Sad A captured Pz4 hit FOUR times in a raw at less than 100m was only left immob.... A Sherman105mm hit 3 times at 120m, not even scratching it...Something is obviously wrong here. One of the best german AT is just become useless, not counting the long, long, geez he's gone for a pee or what, long reloading time.

- Mortar barrage : too strong : whatever the protection of your troops ( hedge, house, bunkers) , a salvo on/around your squad just kills the whole team.

Otherwise, very nice campaign, fun new units, top maps, we really enjoying it Smile
Chym

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:02 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

- yes troops are deing very fast, too fast I find, like a full panzergrenadier squad in middle of a big hedge being mauled down in 2 sec by one us squad firing on it.
yer try and steer clear from middle of hedges they r not safe place.

- I had a B1bis being shot by a sherman THROUGH a big house lol . Sherman was like 100m away and B1 running 20m behind the house. Then boom, the shell went just through that house.

yer tanks and arm cars can fire thruogh buildings where the los allows,ie,windows to windows,door to windows,windows to door.and walls can also be destroyed as well opening more los,its a shitter when u lose a tank because of it,but sometimes u will get a tank too.

- Are the Panzerschrecks working as intended? Hit 26 times, yes I count every hit :p, various differents US and germans tanks. All in all, managed to burn a Pz3, and immobilize 3 others tanks, no more Sad A captured Pz4 hit FOUR times in a raw at less than 100m was only left immob.... A Sherman105mm hit 3 times at 120m, not even scratching it...Something is obviously wrong here. One of the best german AT is just become useless, not counting the long, long, geez he's gone for a pee or what, long reloading time.

id recommend against taking panzershrek shots at distances of a 100m,try 50m for more regular success.

- Mortar barrage : too strong : whatever the protection of your troops ( hedge, house, bunkers) , a salvo on/around your squad just kills the whole team.

Smile yes i often curse it myself.teaches u not to bunch ur men.

Otherwise, very nice campaign, fun new units, top maps, we really enjoying it Smile
Chym
Glad,working on some extra vehicles,units and some new map elements as well.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 5: Invasion Normandy

Jump to: