Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1222
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:03 pm Post subject: Captured vehicals, tanks and units Reply with quote

I'm guessing it's only used for sapping the moral of the opposing force and nothing else. I'm going through the grand campaign as the allies and have five days remaining, but have yet to use captured vehicals, tanks and units. If your resources get to low do you get to use them?.

Boggz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 99.9% sure that they are not added into your force pool. Capturing vehicles, guns, or tanks is merely just another way of knockign them out. As the allies in the Original Grand Campaign there is little use for it since the German tanks are almost cannon fodder, but in Mods like Stalingrad; where a KV-1 is nearly impossible to kill, immobilizing it deep in your territory is a way of capturing it and removing it from your opponents force pool. The benefit of that is side-stepping the fact that they're tremendously difficult to destroy with your own forces.

It's really just a fun thign they add in. You can't actually use those forces.

Digs

Rep: 56.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:37 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping that once you had enough 'captured' a battle group could be made and sent to the front or maybe just added to an existing one.

Imobilized tanks, armored vehicals, field artillery/mobile artillery (SP), etc. could be repaired and reused if they suffer minimal damage and/or are abandoned due to idividuals who panic and flee. If a gun crew gets killed and no damage is done to the artillery piece than +1 to the cause.
Wink

Pzt_dragoon47

Rep: 0.3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:45 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Wishful thinking lol. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:55 am Post subject: . Reply with quote

its well known germans and russians, and of course allies used captured equipment, I would hazard a guess german forces used more captured equipment then any other army i've ever seen, what a bloody supply nightmare!
should be as exchangable as possiable, i just read last night the ppsh was designed to use german ammo(not 9mm parabalem, but mauser pistol,i dont see how, but thats what the site said,maybe it was like m1 carbine design,long and thin cartridge, i been a pistol shooter for years, and i never heard of sub 9mm german round,i did read about 9mm short/long)

IN and CC, no captured items are used in next battle/any other time, it just dissapears. u can scavenge small arms/flamethrowers/bazokas/grenades/pistols/hmg's,but never tanks/atg's,a vivid account was given in a CC forum some years ago, when a allied squad captured a stug III i believe, the jumped in,saw the german writing,could not start it,fire main gun! so got out, and probably fraged the barrel, it was sherman common practice if capture was imminent.

espree de corp

cannonfodder67

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:32 am Post subject: DDay Utah Sector Reply with quote

has some captured German vehicles,available to some US bgs after reinforcing in a gc.
Version 2 which im testing has even more vehicles including a single captured Panther in 1 bg.

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:48 am Post subject: yes but, Reply with quote

captured are placed in BG's irrespective of if u 'capture' them.

russians used stug III, panzer IV and panther'pantera' as often as possiable.

americans used the panther at some time, and the french used then, and for some 10 or so years following.

it makes no diff in grand campaign.

espree de corp

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:20 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

yer thanks Cannonfodder
its true there is a panzer3 and panzer 4 available in the american forcepools,after u reinforce.
of course it has been cleared of booby traps and given the all clear to be used by allied command Smile
and even more truer that there is many new captured equipment in V.2

Tack
Quote:
it makes no diff in grand campaign.

what doesnt?

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

CSO_Linebacker

Rep: 5.9

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:53 am Post subject: * Reply with quote

Theres a nice photo of a Tiger II from schwere Panzer Abteilung 506, that was captured by US troops and put back into action in mid-December after a little work from the maintenance boys. I wonder if someone got a chance to use it against the Germans...

'If it does not have a gun, it cannot be fun'

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 4: Battle Of The Bulge

Jump to: