Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:59 pm Post subject: Breaking Down Walls to get LOS! Reply with quote

A lil demo to help some of the players who struggle with the new style elements of DDay Utah Sector.
You no longer get protection from simply standing on the floor/roof of an element.
The only element that will protect you,is one u can get behind,and one that the incoming ammo cannot penetrate.
In buildings u only get protection from the walls and windows(way less from windows)
Below is an example of some troops in a 2nd story house on ambush.
See enemy was turned on,so u can view the situation.
A pz4 has a bright green LOS line to enemy troops in house,but when given the order to fire he cannot see enemy.
Without a hesisitation Smile i give him an order to fire onto the wall/window of house.After a few shots as this Pz4 seemed to only have AP ammo,i managed to rubble the 2nd floor wall/window into 2nd floor rubble.
As soon as this happened the Mgs and main gun start to fire at troops,even if it is only area fire(surpression fire).As they derive some protection from the 2nd floor rubble.Another element u can hide behind when situation allows.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

mochoho

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:37 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, I wish that this could be possible in any mod. I tried DDay Utah sector and i think it's a big fun mod with some great improvements, but sounds are a bit too soft for me and as i remember teams are up to ten men which kills team statistics. Are you gonna make a new version with new sounds? That would alter general impresion of real fighting Twisted Evil

Regards

M

http://www.vojska.net

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:17 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

mochoho
Quote:
Great, I wish that this could be possible in any mod.

It is.

Quote:
I tried DDay Utah sector and i think it's a big fun mod with some great improvements, but sounds are a bit too soft for me and as i remember teams are up to ten men which kills team statistics.

Hehe there r only but a few 10 man teams in the game.But the players keep picking them Smile .Simply on some maps 3 to 8 men teams are of more importance.Your skill as a commander can be measured by knowing when to pick,then how to use them.
2ndly i try to code assistants and least deadly/effective weapons in the soldier slots 8 to 10.
3rdly most players enjoy the extra troops from the team statistics point of view as it is theoretically possible to field 45 troops extra on the battlefield,if u picked 15 x 10 man teams. 90 if both teams did(thou i doubt u could always fill the slots with most bgs,especially on elite)
which means a theoretical extra 45 kills to each side each battle.
and a downside is one of them extra 45 men might be the one the end of ur vets kill records.

Quote:
Are you gonna make a new version with new sounds?

I have some new sounds.But u said sounds were too soft,i have volume control down when i play it.Maybe my headphones r too good.

Quote:
That would alter general impresion of real fighting

Not sure what you mean.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

mochoho

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

L4W,

I don't know, i just like those statistics per each man, i don't think that it's less fun because of 10 men team. I would rather see smaler specialized teams like bazooka or scout teams (maybe armed vith various weapons, so different scout teams for instance).

As for sounds, i played with my creative labs 2.1 loud speakers on and it was rather soft especially submachine guns and garand rifles, maybe i should try with headphones which i never use. I'm single man...There's no children or woman on my back so i like to hear it loud. That's what i ment when i sad it would alter general impression of real fighting. Anyway great mod and i would like to see it on my PC very soon. Very Happy

Best

M

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote

mochoho wrote:
maybe i should try with headphones which i never use. I'm single man...There's no children or woman on my back so i like to hear it loud. That's what i ment when i sad it would alter general impression of real fighting.

I'm in the same boat as you socially, but I always wear headphones as i think they improve immersion.

mochoho

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:56 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Talorgan

CSO_Talorgan wrote:
mochoho wrote:
maybe i should try with headphones which i never use. I'm single man...There's no children or woman on my back so i like to hear it loud. That's what i ment when i sad it would alter general impression of real fighting.

I'm in the same boat as you socially, but I always wear headphones as i think they improve immersion.

Today i'm going to get myself a pair of good headphones, and try them with lights off, sixpack and pack of smokes... Wink

And socially, when (if) such lady that can tolerate my soul (like T. Waits says ''I don't wanna grow up'') comes, then i'll defenitely have to buy her big screen TV, and a two pairs of headphones, because i itend to drag her into CC..hmm i don't know if that's a good thing..he he Rolling Eyes

CSO_Talorgan

Rep: 72.5
votes: 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

mochoho wrote:
when (if) such lady that can tolerate my soul (like T. Waits says ''I don't wanna grow up'') comes, then i'll defenitely have to buy her big screen TV, and a two pairs of headphones, because i itend to drag her into CC..hmm i don't know if that's a good thing..he he Rolling Eyes

There is nothing worse than wargaming with women. They win every time!

Wink

Buy her the large screen TV and give her full freedom to watch it!

mochoho

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Talorgan.... Very Happy

Yeah, and let her eating in front of XXL screen. With her mouth full, it could be peacefull... Such a small price.. Wink

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:01 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

just remember if need any help lads i can keep her mouth full for ya. Wink

mochoho

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:19 am Post subject: Reply with quote

L4W, now that's a thought...maybe i could rent her... Twisted Evil

Women and cars are never to be borrowed...

Last edited by mochoho on Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 8:14 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

ur cash so no one cares!

A lil demo to help some of the players who struggle with the new style elements of DDay Utah Sector.
You no longer get protection from simply standing on the floor/roof of an element.
The only element that will protect you,is one u can get behind,and one that the incoming ammo cannot penetrate.
In buildings u only get protection from the walls and windows(way less from windows)
Below is an example of some troops in a 2nd story house on ambush.
See enemy was turned on,so u can view the situation.
A pz4 has a bright green LOS line to enemy troops in house,but when given the order to fire he cannot see enemy.
Without a hesisitation Smile i give him an order to fire onto the wall/window of house.After a few shots as this Pz4 seemed to only have AP ammo,i managed to rubble the 2nd floor wall/window into 2nd floor rubble.
As soon as this happened the Mgs and main gun start to fire at troops,even if it is only area fire(surpression fire).As they derive some protection from the 2nd floor rubble.Another element u can hide behind when situation allows.

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:34 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

Mochoco
Quote:
L4W,
I don't know, i just like those statistics per each man, i don't think that it's less fun because of 10 men team. I would rather see smaler specialized teams like bazooka or scout teams (maybe armed vith various weapons, so different scout teams for instance).

Team sizes r very well balanced there is a team for every occasion Smile
Alsteam
10 man units x7
9 man teams x4
8 man teams x4
7 man teamx x4
6 man teams x5
5 man teams x6
4 man teams x3
3 man teams x9
2 man teams x10
1 man team x2

Getteam
10 man units x4
9 man teams x7
8 man teams x9
7 man teamx x9
6 man teams x5
5 man teams x4
4 man teams x5
3 man teams x10
2 man teams x19
1 man team x5

As u can see the game is not dominated by 10 men units,the less skilled players just seem to pick them more often and in greater quantity.
In an attempt to get same job done quicker,doesnt always work that way!

mochoho

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:49 am Post subject: Re: mmm Reply with quote

Quote:

As u can see the game is not dominated by 10 men units,the less skilled players just seem to pick them more often and in greater quantity.
In an attempt to get same job done quicker,doesnt always work that way!

I agree, seen that before, and what you gave seems it's going to be very different styles of fights, especially in H2H. Which means, something for everybody. Although I must say i'm more into usual 7 men to 1 man units, and also as we all know AI is the trickiest part if you play single player GC. I'll keep my fingers crossed to see a liitle bit more of german armor in Utah, they really need it, badly.

Pozdrav

M

ANZAC_Lord4war

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:00 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

Quote:
I'll keep my fingers crossed to see a liitle bit more of german armor in Utah, they really need it, badly.

Should start to trickle in around the middle of gc,the germans should be on the back foot by that time.So keeping your counter attacking bgs in supply will become another issue.

mochoho

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:55 pm Post subject: Re: mmm Reply with quote

ANZAC_Lord4war wrote:
Quote:
I'll keep my fingers crossed to see a liitle bit more of german armor in Utah, they really need it, badly.

Should start to trickle in around the middle of gc,the germans should be on the back foot by that time.So keeping your counter attacking bgs in supply will become another issue.

That's a good news that i have expected... Smile which german units are involved?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: