Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1224
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:20 pm Post subject: Operation Circle October news. The last ones! Reply with quote

Hi to everybody,

I am very happy tonight to post this last message regarding SOC development. SOC is finished! I will in the next coming days upload the files and maps to the betatesters. Everything looks fine.
What can I say since the last post? Very few things indeed! But I have gathered some points:

1) 33 new custom maps in SOC vs. SDK. The 11 remaining ones are really the common ones. I have really upgraded all the graphics to the highest standarts (graphics means also coding, so AI, so difficulty, etc...).
2) I have fine tuned the AI. This game is close to impossible and will be only for veterans. Don't forget it! And without cheating. Soldiers in SOC are not vehicles....
3) I have been able to add in the game new graphics never seen on CC so far. They pretty cool... As an example, now, a trench in winter is a winter trench....not as dry as in july!
4) I play the GC for 1 month now. Once again, if you are ready for the challenge.... wait until january 10th.

I have attached to this post some pics, just to show you a little what is SOC. Don't worry about the blank areas.... It is a surprise

Cheers to you all,
PJ

UO0003.jpg
 Description:
The fight in the Studonga Jablonotscka Balka, south-west of Stalingrad. Let's hold the weapon pit!
 Filesize:  1.03 MB
 Viewed:  7628 Time(s)

UO0003.jpg

UO0007.jpg
 Description:
That was a good aquisition...
 Filesize:  529 KB

UO0007.jpg

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
They are not so bad, even with low ammo....
 Filesize:  522.65 KB

UO0001.jpg

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Awsome - As a big fan of SDK, I've really been looking forward to you finishing SOC mod. Excellent work, I look forward to trying it out.

K

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:29 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good, PJ!
Did you get my e-mail a few weeks ago?

Searry

Rep: 3.2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:10 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey. Looks very good. What is it time after this? Maybe update SDK with those snowy trenches, and fix the last code bugs in some maps?

pzjager

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Searry wrote:
Hey. Looks very good. What is it time after this? Maybe update SDK with those snowy trenches, and fix the last code bugs in some maps?

Yes. I will update/upgrade SDK, together with a submod... It is still confidential so far...

Cheers
PJ

mochoho

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:47 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Great pzjager, can't wait, guess i will bite my fingernails afterall... :ok2

http://www.vojska.net

ll_Alexis_ll

Rep: 14

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:31 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news !
Thanks for the work pzjager

pzjager

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to all of you,

Just accept my apologies if I don't answer to you individually. I am currently finishing the files and the maps so that the beta testers (beta test will began before end of this week) will have the mod available for the week-end.

JUst two things:

1) Many many thanks for your support. I really appreciate it. I have spent 2 years on SDK, and 1 additional for SOC (which will be the base for SDK v2.1...yeah!!!). It is a lot of work and stress.
2) I can promise you,if you like SDK, that you will love SOC (and further in 2008 SDK aso..). You will find there a lot of new things. SOC is definitively the sequel of SDK, but not exactly, and much more.

SOC will be released on January 10th, 2008, as SDK has been released on November 19th, 2006. As you are familiar with the Stalingrad battle, you know why it is so important to stick to this date! It is maybe very far for you, and so close for the SOC team! Everyday, I see some details to fix, some details to upgrade, so new things to do with CC...(SOC will come with definitively new CC concepts/graphics, and I am still looking for others.)

Well, friends... There will be now 2months of silence for anyone out of the betatesting.... Take this time to cover well with your warmest winter clothes..

And cheers

Panzerjäger

VonVolks

Rep: 6.6

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 2:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck with the testing!

My brother and I are slugging thru Stalingrad at the moment, with my Russians getting battered but fighting heroically.

We are looking forward to SDK and then SOC.

Whats the scenario for SOC? Will it be a good H2H fight, or a single player challenge?

We could well both be 6o years old and retired before my allies get to Berlin!

My Gamer Blog

pzjager

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

VonVolks wrote:
good luck with the testing!

My brother and I are slugging thru Stalingrad at the moment, with my Russians getting battered but fighting heroically.

We are looking forward to SDK and then SOC.

Whats the scenario for SOC? Will it be a good H2H fight, or a single player challenge?

We could well both be 6o years old and retired before my allies get to Berlin!

Hi,

SOC will be playable both H2H or against the AI. Due to the historical reality, playing against the AI as the Germans is very very tough. I have made the AI as agressive as possible (but not stupid: soldiers can enterinto buildings....) for
optimum gameplay.

Be careful: it will really be a mod for veterans!

PJ

Boggz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I for one am very excited. SDK is terribly fun to play germans or Russians.

For those of us who do not have a partner to play H2H with, will the RUssians be aggressive enough to welll if one wants to play a GC as germans against the AI or will it still be a 50% AI team battle? I realize that's just part of the game's handicap.

pzjager

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggz wrote:
Well I for one am very excited. SDK is terribly fun to play germans or Russians.

For those of us who do not have a partner to play H2H with, will the RUssians be aggressive enough to welll if one wants to play a GC as germans against the AI or will it still be a 50% AI team battle? I realize that's just part of the game's handicap.

Hi,

SOC will definitively have to be played with Germans. Even with the russian submod, it will be much too easy.

I am making the AI as agressive as I can. So the mod will be fun to play against the AI

PJ

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Operation Circle

Jump to: