Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2
 Author
king_tiger_tank

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I've tried all that you have done that you have recommended Drizzt, but I've found that is not your, but is the game. I'll see if it will work after reinstalling it.

What would H Jones do?

king_tiger_tank

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

scratch that, it is the mod that mess up CC5, and I haven't found a way to fix it.

What would H Jones do?

Boggz

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:55 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

king_tiger_tank wrote:
scratch that, it is the mod that mess up CC5, and I haven't found a way to fix it.

I've encountered a similar problem playing as Germans in the Operation "Battle For Kharkov". The first map causes the game to crash when you reach the battlefield.

Have you tried other operations/campaigns?

Funny how mods work. I Can't play vetBob's Ardennes offensive Mod because during startup it gives me a "Streaming error".

Drizzt

Rep: 121
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, if I have understood well, kink tiger tank can't enter in the game when he click "play game": game crash; boggs have a map crash: the two situations are very differents. Boggs: I have played the first two maps in op. battle of kharkov without problems so I don't think it's a mod problem.
Anyway I will be very glad to try to correct possible bugs if many people will report exaclty the same error.

Regards, Drizzt

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:25 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

hey congrats on getting new mod out.
i will download the mod tonight
and suss out the install scripts and confirm for u if ur install and uninstall scripts r ok or not.
then at least u can tell these players to reinstall CC5 with confidence.
what u can do as owner of mod is to back up ur maps.
unplug any mods
uninstall 5.01
uninstall cc5

then reinstall it all

open cc make sure 5.00 works
upgrade to 5.01
open cc make sure 5.01 works
plug in ur mod (dont forget to make video folder if needed)
make sure works
then unplug it

if no errors doing that
i suspect it is another mod causing it.
there r a few available which do it.
u can now start to plug in other mods(maybe ask King tiger what other mods he plays for a clue)
plugging in ur mod after the other mods(one at time)
have unplugged
this way if it is not ur mod doing it
u can report the mod that is.
if that is too much for u,like i said i will d/l tonight when i crash out.
and investigate. L4W

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Also...try playing the game in Win98 compatibility mode, also disable directdraw...you can read about this here:
http://www.closecombatseries.net/CCS/modules.php?name=Content

Do a forum search for CCStarter Utility...should solve most isolated crash problems.

Good luck!

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Drizzt wrote:
Hi, sincerely I don't think that in my mod IA is "terrible". But I agree with you that CC5 IA speaking in general is not good so also in my mod is not good.
About vetmods I'm sorry but for now I don't have planned to do them, maybe in future. If someone want to do and release them I am glad! Only they should be considered "unofficials".

Regards, Drizzt

I think the standard non vetmod data is quite challenging...probably due to the medium sized CC3 maps. I've only played as Germans mind you. With a 'quickie vetmod', coding Infantry as Vehicles and other minor SAI changes (what Pzjager calls Cheat Mods...hehehe)...and making almost all Russian teams 10 men strong...it's just relentless. Sure the AI is still pretty dumb...but the human wave attacks are very effective. I'm having a hard time defending against Russian Infantry human wave assauts...and when they have tank support...forget about it...run!!!

ANZAC_Lord4war also prefer giving the AI "Always See The Enemy" advantage...this will give you a more challenging game...but you'll lose your hidden guns, mortar teams and best teams very early on in the game because the AI will target them immediately with indirect fire.

king_tiger_tank

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:34 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried what both have you have suggested and it did not work. I'm starting to think its something in my computer doing it.

What would H Jones do?

Drizzt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:24 am Post subject: Reply with quote

to Lord for war: many thanks for the suggestions!! I must admit that I don't have thought too much to the plugin because I dont' know how do it (Mooxe has been so kind to do it for me). I must say this funny thing: I have not my mod in plugin version, I don't have download it! (hehe! I will download it). I will try to follow your suggestions, but before do it, about install-uninstall scripts I don't know how check them (I think about scripts you refer to plugin): thanks for the help if you check them!!

to king tiger tank and boggz: is important to me that you know that I have tried to help you: I have employed 40 minutes to check and re-write file after file to try to have in my computer the problem of king tiger tank; I have played two maps and check abd and txt file of one map to help boggz. Probably I have tried to help you not in the best way (I mean that I was not sure how find the bugs you have), but I did it!
I have remembered a thing that in past has resolved some of my problems with mods, maybe can help you: when you uninstall CC5, before reinstall it, delete the cc5 folders (if remaining, and even if empty) that are still there, (if you have save games or maps files you want hold relocate them). In this way you can try to do a totally clean new installation.

to squadleader: If you want release your vetmods feel free to do it! I use vetmods rarely, but I know that community use them.
And.. don't run! Hitler don't want you lose terrain without fight (hehe!!)

Regards, Drizzt

Mistmatz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:30 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Drizzt wrote:
Hi, sincerely I don't think that in my mod IA is "terrible". But I agree with you that CC5 IA speaking in general is not good so also in my mod is not good.
About vetmods I'm sorry but for now I don't have planned to do them, maybe in future. If someone want to do and release them I am glad! Only they should be considered "unofficials".

Regards, Drizzt

Drizzt, my apologies if I wasn't clear about that, but it's of course not your mod that causes the AI to behave as it does. I'm generally not happy with the AI neither in Vanilla nor in any mod I've played so far.

The vetmods available for some mods help a lot in this regard. Alternatively one can choose to play one sided ops, but personally I believe vetmods are the way to go until someone develops a decent AI for this game series.

Thanks again for all your time and effort spent to bring this mod to life.

king_tiger_tank

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Drizzt, the last you suggested worked.

What would H Jones do?

tripwire

Rep: 37.5
votes: 2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for the 2nd Kharkov mod Drizzt. Smile

Downloading now.....

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:32 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

Squadleader
Quote:
ANZAC_Lord4war also prefer giving the AI "Always See The Enemy" advantage...this will give you a more challenging game...but you'll lose your hidden guns, mortar teams and best teams very early on in the game because the AI will target them immediately with indirect fire.

Evidently u havent played DDay Utah Sector,the chance of AI scoring a direct hit on ATG is slim,if happens id say u deployed too close to enemy.The usual thing which happens is AI waist a lot of shells on it.
2ndly for experienced modders,there is a way for the modder to control what units the AI targets first. Smile

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Downloaded the mod today. Havent played CC for months but now i have played for about four hours, shame on you! Smile for making this excellent mod!!!

Cheers Mats Razz

dj

Rep: 157.1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:49 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapa wrote:
Hi!

Downloaded the mod today. Havent played CC for months but now i have played for about four hours, shame on you! Smile for making this excellent mod!!!

Cheers Mats Razz

Maybe Mats can get CC fever again and release Berlin 2 mod?

Thanks for this mod Drizt! My Romainians are hanging tough, barely holding on to the bridges in epic battles against the Soviet AI.

Had a couple crashes at first, but then after I reinstalled CC and got a fresh start it has worked perfect after several days into the grand campaign.

Good stuff.

What will the Revolution Change? - Youth Brigade

Drizzt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sapa and Dj, I'm glad you like the mod!

to Sapa: I want to say you these: in past I have had great fun with berlin mod!! I have played with germans and I have done a long GC with great fun (resist against red army was not easy: very good)!
About Karelia mod unfortunately I don't have found the time to play a full GC but I remember that is a great mod! For example I remember beautiful maps, great finnish voices, and great sounds ambience.
Many thanks for the fun you have given me with your mods!

Regards, Drizzt

Lamborghini

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:30 am Post subject: Re: 2nd Kharkov mod has been released! Reply with quote

Greetings, Drizzt.

It's really a nice mod. Massive and huge. I have spent several days on it. With the german poor guns against KV-1s, it's really painful. After several days' tough fighting I have destoryed 3/4 of the tanks of 6rd Gds Tank brid and elmimate in one battle. It shows up again(This is fine) in the next day with full force pool!!! I am not sure if it is a bug or they have reforcement option(Similar as allies in the original).

Anyway. Great mod. And looking forward to your version 1.1.

Drizzt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lamborghini, thanks!! I'm glad you enjoy with the mod.
About the forcepool of depleted battlegroups is not exactly a bug: seems that IA can use reinforcement button for depleted BGs even if I have pull off it, it happens also to me in past. I'm enough sure of these because in past, using the graphic file with the reinforcement button (I mean interchanging it with the file without renforcement button), in the savegame all others russian BGs had it and only the BG refilled don't had it.
After all I think that is not a great problem because if you play with russians you can't use reinforcement button (all is ok); if you play with germans IA can use it and these means that the GC will be more difficult for the player.

Regards, Drizzt

Lamborghini

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:30 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Drizzt.
Seems I have to take out the russia tanks again.
Sad

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Kharkov
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Jump to: