Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Author
Wittmann44

Rep: 0.3

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

yes but only a few and in BoB it is impossible to start a counterattack Smile

Searry

Rep: 3.2
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks pzjager, a very very good mod. It's very fun on MP. We've played about half of the maps of the first days battles, all maps are excellent quality.

_arthas_

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there
First, i must say, grat job with that mod! I like it already, though i played only firs battle so far hehe
Im playin this CC since CC2 came out, i think somewher in '97 if im not wrong, and its still the greatest ww2 strategy game for me.
Keep up the good work man :ok2

And, just a little comment, nothing to worry about... i noticed that u named a croatian unit SRIJELACI... it should be STRIJELCI for plural, singular iz strijelac (rifleman), so its not strijelaci, but strijelci (riflemen). Just a little grammar correction. Sorry i just have to notice that.

I know i am going to have great fun with this mod.

Cheers Smile

Wittmann44

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:41 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm is the intro now ready for download anywhere? I love this video and want it in my SOC Smile

sargexmy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:23 am Post subject: Reply with quote

i have been following this forum and site for a pretty long time. but i think this is my first post??

anyways, i have played Stalingrad, SDK and now this!

these mods are just plain awesome

now operation circle is pretty darn good. those russian infantry really attacks and rushes the germans. man...they dont stand a chance.

there is one questions though. I was just starting to play the campaign, but for some reason a T26 was able to immobilize and take out my Panzer IV F2 from a frontal/side angle Sad is that suppose to be like that? I thought the T26 was a very early war light tank and had a horrible gun. Also russian used poor ammunition. My panzer IV's 75mm L43 only immobilized the T26 with a side shot!!!!!!! Sad I think the ~100mm penetration of the 75mmL/43 can go through the little T26, shouldn't be a kill if hit?

thanks for making such a great mod!!

mike

MörserCarl

Rep: 37.1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why I get this below message when I try to DL... any ideas?

"Access forbidden or authentication method not supported"

It's just a GAME after all...

pzjager

Rep: 12.3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:11 am Post subject: Reply with quote

_arthas_ wrote:
Hi there
First, i must say, grat job with that mod! I like it already, though i played only firs battle so far hehe
Im playin this CC since CC2 came out, i think somewher in '97 if im not wrong, and its still the greatest ww2 strategy game for me.
Keep up the good work man :ok2

And, just a little comment, nothing to worry about... i noticed that u named a croatian unit SRIJELACI... it should be STRIJELCI for plural, singular iz strijelac (rifleman), so its not strijelaci, but strijelci (riflemen). Just a little grammar correction. Sorry i just have to notice that.

I know i am going to have great fun with this mod.

Cheers Smile

Many thanks! I will make the correction for the v1.1 version

Cheers
PJ

pzjager

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote

sargexmy wrote:
i have been following this forum and site for a pretty long time. but i think this is my first post??

now operation circle is pretty darn good. those russian infantry really attacks and rushes the germans. man...they dont stand a chance.

there is one questions though. I was just starting to play the campaign, but for some reason a T26 was able to immobilize and take out my Panzer IV F2 from a frontal/side angle Sad is that suppose to be like that? I thought the T26 was a very early war light tank and had a horrible gun. Also russian used poor ammunition. My panzer IV's 75mm L43 only immobilized the T26 with a side shot!!!!!!! Sad I think the ~100mm penetration of the 75mmL/43 can go through the little T26, shouldn't be a kill if hit?

mike

Hi,

Thanks for your comments.

Regarding your PV IVF2, it can be immobilised by ANY light tank if for instance it had been shot in the wheels... It won't be destroyed because the gun of the T26 is a weak one, but immobilised... yes. In addition,don't forget that the PIV was not so strongly armored except for the strictly frontal side.
Generally speaking, CC engine is made so that every shot does not necesseraly destroy the target even if the armor is weaker than the shell. There is an incertitude....and I believe it is nice! Anyway, shoot a second time to the T26 and I am sure it will destrot it.

Cheers
PJ

sargexmy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote

only if i was the gunner...
my panzer iv f2 got destroyed by the 2nd shot from T26, while its own gunner missed ....... Sad

there is no handicap to the german guns and their ammo penetrations is there??
or a bonus to russian gun accuracy or ammo strength against german armor?

pzjager

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote

sargexmy wrote:
only if i was the gunner...
my panzer iv f2 got destroyed by the 2nd shot from T26, while its own gunner missed ....... Sad

there is no handicap to the german guns and their ammo penetrations is there??
or a bonus to russian gun accuracy or ammo strength against german armor?

Hi,

Historically, the aiming system of the russaian guns was much inferior to the german one... at least in 1942. So, in SOC, the russian guns are less accurate than the germans

Russian tanks were better armored.

Cheers
PJ

woodtip61

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pzjager for your time creating these mods for all of us. SDK is an incredible piece of work and I have been eagerly waiting for SOC.

Thanks again!

Woodtip

:drink2

_arthas_

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

yup, realy great mod! germans are outnumbered and dont have ammo for normal ranged fights. this is a real close combat. its the first time i have to apply completly new tactics, ambush and wait for russians to come to 20m or even closer to destroy them and then quickly scavange for their guns and ammo. and thats how ull start wining battles...
and yes, russians are rushing, and that realy looks scarry haha, when u see 20-30 men running toward your mg post, plus some armour waiting from behind...
realy nice man Smile

Wittmann44

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

@pzjager

why do the russians get after the begin of the campaign no new divisions? Is this the plan or a bug? I think after breaking the german lines the russians can´t split the kessel in two peaces because they haven´t no other divisions to clear the kessel and the german HQs right?

Miker1

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:30 pm Post subject: SOC initial impressions Reply with quote

I've played about 4 battles now and have to say that I will need to change tactics. You really have to keep your powder dry in this one. The Axis are easy to suppress and wipe out and the shortage of ammo is very noticable. I really liked Der Kessel and I thought that was hard. This mod, SOC, seems so good that you don't want to play it if you understand what I'm saying. Who wants to be surrounded and crushed - ha! Well for those seeking a challenge, this fits the bill. You have really put together another great mod. Der Kessel was my favorite and now who knows? Great job.

mochoho

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

pzjager wrote:
mochoho wrote:
Just dll'd can't wait to ply it. Many thanks pzjager !!

Wittmann44 wrote:

@mochoho
why do you like specially the 369th regiment?

Although i'm antifascist, 369th regiment was Croatian regiment attached to 100th jager division of Wermacht, which fought brave despite all odds, and in some most fierced battles, like in Red October factory. 369th was completely destroyed in Stalingrad. Only 12 men surrendered to Russians in februaury 1943, after Stalingrad has fallen. 369th was the only non German unit fighting in Stalingrad. They earned few most distinguished medals from general Sanne - knights cross 1st and 2nd order.

Respect

M

Hi Fiend,

First of all, I believe that we are all antifascist here! That's not a reason not to be interested by the WW2 by the german side. And to recognise the fantastic bravery of the 6th army after the november 19th. The fought for a bad thing, but, as you say, respect.

Just a comment regarding the croat. rgt 369. The historians do not all agree on this fact, but it is widely accepted that the regiment was disbanded EVEN BEFORE november 19th and Uranus, and the surviving Croatians then split (Split: for Croatians!!) betwen the 212/79 (that's why they are there in SDK and SOC) and the 100 Jäger.

In SOC, you have croatians in both units. Maybe overnumbered in regard to the historical reality, but it is just a mod....

Cheers
Panzerjäger

Thanks pzjager, here's a link about 369th warpath http://www.feldgrau.com/articles.php?ID=13 it says something about 227th regiment, but probably because of the confusing times and chaos ruling it is possible that some of the documents are lost.

Cheers Pzjager and great mod is upon us

Respect Wink

http://www.vojska.net

pzjager

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Wittmann44why do the russians get after the begin of the campaign no new divisions? [/quote]

They have! 3 new divisions will appear after the 12th (or even 4, I don't remember exactly).

Cheers
PJ

Wittmann44

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

pzjager wrote:
[quote="Wittmann44why do the russians get after the begin of the campaign no new divisions?

They have! 3 new divisions will appear after the 12th (or even 4, I don't remember exactly).

Cheers
PJ[/quote]

after the 12th? Hm I have clicked on the stratscreen as russian to the enddate but I have only russian divisions at the first day. No new divisions after that. The german have three after the first day I think. Or do I something wrong?

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't see them on from the strat screen if you are currently sitting on all of the Supply Depots. Check the scenario editor and you'll see that there are more Russian BG's that come on later days. Like PJ said, there are 3-4 more that come in.

Wittmann44

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah OK sorry my fault Wink

thx for help

Pzt_dragoon47

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:58 am Post subject: Reply with quote

sargexmy wrote:

mike

Keep in mind that it is not the size of the round that matters. What I mean is that there are other factors, like wind, velocity, angle bearing, distance, and most of all.....LUCK! Many battles have been won by luck, in fact, far more than ones won by skill, or a mixture. You also have to factor in the wear and tear on the tanks, and what they've been through. But that's more of a real world thing we learned in military engineering.
And not every penetration is a kill, remember that. It could have only sent shrapnel into the interior, leaving some alive.
And if you thought the Russians used poor ammuntition, you should look up Russian ammunition, it was a war crime in itself. Russian infantry used explosive rounds in their rifles in the Karelian campaign so they could "mark their targets."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Operation Circle
Goto page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Jump to: