Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:55 am Post subject: The Rocket Truck Reply with quote

I was wondering that since people usually play 15m games atleast in multiplayer, can we look at changing the reload times? Historical accuracy aside and looking at just a fun thing in the game to use, it would be nice to atleast fire this weapon 3 times in a 15 minute game.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:26 am Post subject: Re: The Rocket Truck Reply with quote

mooxe wrote:
I was wondering that since people usually play 15m games atleast in multiplayer, can we look at changing the reload times? Historical accuracy aside and looking at just a fun thing in the game to use, it would be nice to atleast fire this weapon 3 times in a 15 minute game.

Hi Mooxe,

That's an interesting idea....at least for the russians. I don't want to give more ammo to the Germans in SOC.

If other players would like to have this changed in the v1.1 version, please let me know. I like to have different opinions!

Generally speaking, I totally agree with you regarding the balance that moders have to find between the historical accuracy and the fun.

Cheers
Panzerjäger

Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:44 am Post subject: Reply with quote

can this be done by a H2h submod? if yes i think its the best option.

Anyway, make those russians stronger Wink

To brave men few words are as good as many

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too powerful as is...
For H2H...I think 2 shots in 15 mins is enough...so the first salvo will have to be blind shots at suspected enemy positions...and the second one can be directed with more precision.

But playing as Germans against Russian AI...unless there's a firefight early in the battle...the AI will usually only use 1 salvo.

Searry

Rep: 3.2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote

You could do a few submods for that thing. I personally like the 1 time shot. It seems historically accurate, as loading that thing takes time.

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with SquadLeader and think 2 shots is enough. Though I think it would be cool to fire it non stop, its just too poweful an option.

dgfred

Rep: 63.1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

My battles with them have been interesting Shocked . If a powerful German unit fires in the first couple of minutes, you might be saying good bye to that
unit, especially AT Guns. So you have to be very aware of Kats on the
battlefield. 2 shots seems to be plenty for a 15 minute battle in my opinion.

Sports Freak/ CC Commander/ Panzerblitz Commander

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Two shots are also very predictable.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

dgfred

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

mooxe wrote:
Two shots are also very predictable.

Yes, you might be best served to lay low the first 3 minutes as Germans
if possible, may get only one shot then. Though sometimes that has not been possible with Ruskies breathing down my neck at the battle start Shocked .

7A_Ghoa10

Rep: 18.7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

i think two rounds per game is ok, the gc is long and germans havent much guns and amno,let them have some of them for a few days Wink

i checked that t60 normally won the duel vs panzer 3L is this real?

pzjager

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

7A_Ghoa10 wrote:
i think two rounds per game is ok, the gc is long and germans havent much guns and amno,let them have some of them for a few days Wink

1) regarding the arty rounds per day, I agree with you ....for German mod. For H2H, I am still waiting for other comments to take a decision.
2) The superiority of CC against a lot of other so-called strategy games is that with CC -LIKE IN THE REALITY- the power of a gun is something, but the actual position of the gun versus the target and..... the chance is superior to that. How can you explain that until 1942 the german tanks -very weak: the best gun was an 50/42 and badly armored- were holding the terrain against the KV's and the T-34's?????? Maybe, one day, A T-60 has beaten your P3!!! Yes, and what? Do you want a game where the best wins everytime? In the reality, no. In SOC as well.

Cheers
PJ

Boggz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:57 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

7A_Ghoa10 wrote:

I would be VERY surprised if a T60 beat a Pz.IIIL ... The gun difference alone is pretty awful. A Pz.IIIL has a 50mm L/60 gun while the T60 has some puny anti-infantry cannon. The armor difference might not be huge but the Mark III is really a medium/light tank while te T60 is a light infantry support tank. A T70 MAYBE ....

I'm a little concerned only with the way that The Russian BG's enter a map on the Western side of the Kessel. Since technically the Axis forces on hemmed in on all sides, the Russians should enter the maps from the left side. All the defensive fortifications face that way and the VL's in the Left corners usually say something like "To 64th Army HQ" which means they should be Russian, yet the Russians tend to begin in the TOp right corners ..

Any reason for this? It makes a lot of the defensive trenches and such rather pointless ...

pzjager

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:31 am Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Boggz"]
7A_Ghoa10 wrote:
I'm a little concerned only with the way that The Russian BG's enter a map on the Western side of the Kessel. Since technically the Axis forces on hemmed in on all sides, the Russians should enter the maps from the left side. All the defensive fortifications face that way and the VL's in the Left corners usually say something like "To 64th Army HQ" which means they should be Russian, yet the Russians tend to begin in the TOp right corners ..

Any reason for this? It makes a lot of the defensive trenches and such rather pointless ...

Hi,

The ONLY reason is that CC5 has been made for the D-Day in the Utah sector, so the AI (Americ&ans) were attacking from the right/east side.

The problem is that the CC5.exe -the game engine- AUTOMATICALLY forces the AI units to attack from the right. The only way to partially avoid that is to place the entry and exit VL so that they attack from the south or north.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DO SOMETHING ELSE AND, BELIEVE ME, IT IS A REAL CONCERN FOR ME.

Cheers
PJ

dgfred

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:10 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="pzjager"]
Boggz wrote:
7A_Ghoa10 wrote:

Hi,

The ONLY reason is that CC5 has been made for the D-Day in the Utah sector, so the AI (Americ&ans) were attacking from the right/east side.

The problem is that the CC5.exe -the game engine- AUTOMATICALLY forces the AI units to attack from the right. The only way to partially avoid that is to place the entry and exit VL so that they attack from the south or north.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DO SOMETHING ELSE AND, BELIEVE ME, IT IS A REAL CONCERN FOR ME.

Cheers
PJ

I'm a computer dunce, but in CC2 when you make maps- you are able to specify what hexes each side will deploy in. Is that possible for CC5 maps/mods? It just seems a shame that occaisionally in SOC your battlegroup
will loose it's supply just because the Russians enter the battle already threatening a vital supply road. Since I haven't played many of the maps, it
is quite a surprise when the deploy map pops up and there is no way for the
Germans to force the Russians off the supply road. Just a minor problem,
thanks again pzjager for your time and hard work. Cheers, Greg

pzjager

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Once again,, what is possible to do with CC2 is IMPOSSIBLE with CC5.
I have however placed alll the entry VL's so that you are never out of supply at the beginninng of a battle.

After...., it is your task to keep open the roads going to your supply. In my current GC, I don't have a lot of problems, except in Marinovka, Kurgan, Borodkin and Northern Heights.

Cheers
PJ

dgfred

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem pzjager, thanks for the reply. Cheers, Greg

Boggz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="pzjager"]
Boggz wrote:
7A_Ghoa10 wrote:

Hi,

Cheers
PJ

Check! Thanks for the info. I have't tried modding CC5 and don't know the coding so it sounds like what you've done is about as close to reality as one can get. Thanks again for your attention to detail!

I was also curious: and sorry to get off topic, but I noticed the Russian inf. teams have a very hard time finding waypoints that they will actually GO to .. is that because without the Russian subMod they are coded as tanks and therefore unwilling to enter buildings? I think I forgot to apply the Russian submod and maybe that will change the teams to inf.

Thanks

VonVolks

Rep: 6.6

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

in buildings it seems that squads sometimes get stuck going around doors etc, and that some get around but some dont. Squad then ploughs on until it realises some are stuck behind wall, then they run back and forth till exhausted or you micromanage their route for them.....

My Gamer Blog

dgfred

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

VonVolks wrote:
in buildings it seems that squads sometimes get stuck going around doors etc, and that some get around but some dont. Squad then ploughs on until it realises some are stuck behind wall, then they run back and forth till exhausted or you micromanage their route for them.....

Yes this happens, but I have had the problem before in CC5 with Stalingrad
and Battle of Berlin.

Something I have noticed is the loss of many Leaders Shocked . It seems a tank,
vehicle or gun will fire on one of my German units- sure as sh*t the only guy
that seems to get killed is the leader Crying or Very sad - Has anyone else noticed this happening? Maybe I don't set the units up with the Leader in the best protection, I'm trying to pay more attention at set-up Embarassed .

VonVolks

Rep: 6.6

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:32 pm Post subject: Re: The Rocket Truck Reply with quote

yeah my squad leaders die all the time.....

I guess they lead from the front!

My Gamer Blog

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Operation Circle

Jump to: