Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1210
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
RCAC_Sharpshooter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:00 am Post subject: Utah 1.4 Reply with quote

Is version 1.4 of the Utah mod coming out soon? I'm really looking foward to it!

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:35 am Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be. Dima's finishing up GJS TRSM, then he's working on Utah.

He promised Wink

RCAC_Sharpshooter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY!

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

iam back.

It will be ver2, will be available in 2-3 monthes.

mooxe

Rep: 221.4
votes: 25

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:17 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

booooooooooooooo!! Utah is great as it is.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Dima, you got an update for all of us salavating for the next version of Utah? Laughing

Haven't seen you around in a bit, hope all it well.

-Mac

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys,

it will be released this year for sure tho can't tell when (probably late spring-June) as i don't have alot of spare time these days.

i will post some pics of the chnges i made soon.

Holger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
any news Question Smile

Bordic

Rep: 20.8

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:31 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Waiting for a new update of this splendid mode I would like to know if it'll use the RANK and MEDAL mods. Especially the former is very useful to get immediate idea of "who's commanding who" and of the soldier status de-brief. Please, use them! Smile

Et agere et pati fortiter romanus est

mochoho

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, looking forward for an update. What about it ??

http://www.vojska.net

Deshrex

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:47 am Post subject: looking at Utah 1.3 Reply with quote

I have been playing a 1.3 GC with Mike Bruno. I would just add a few observations here in case Dima sees them and considers them if he decides to make a v1.4. I was playing as the Americans. I think the game has pretty good balance over all.

The German 81 mm mortars are very accurate and deadly, even with indirect fire. I must have lost 4 or 5 AB howitzers to German mortar fire. I never succeeded in knocking out a German AT gun or howitzer with US 81 mm mortar fire.

German 81 mm mortar fire can take out squads even when they have hit the dirt and are in ambush mode.

The American half tracks are extremely vulnerable to mortar fire. I would say they last for about 6 or 7 mortar rounds max before they are lost. The Priests, the M8 armored cars, and the SP 75 mm howitzers are all very vulnerable to 81 mm mortar fire, not to mention 120 mm mortar fire. These vulnerabilities can force the American to rely overmuch on Sherman tanks for support. I haven't had a chance to use the M10s in battle yet, so I don't know how they would fare against 81 mm mortar fire.

Sherman tanks are easily tracked by 120 mm fire. It doesn't take the German long to figure this out!

The German assault guns are pretty tough. Their AT rounds are better than Sherman AT rounds and their HE rounds are more devastating. In duels with assault guns, so far I am losing Shermans at a four to one ratio. I have lost four Shermans to just one assault gun, though I have knocked one out with a towed 3 inch AT gun and 2 knocked out to AB bazooka fire. The assault guns in Utah remind me of the panzerjagers in GJS. It would be nice to have some upgunned 76 mm Shermans to use against these assault guns, assuming upgunned Shermans were deployed on the Cotentin. Well, at least the Sherman is better than the Hotchkiss tank!

The German 16th Para Reg. has a tremendous amount of infantry. My guess is these three battalions have over 100 squads of infantry, not including support weapons and leaders etc.

The air strikes are by and large fantastic for the American. Except for P51 strikes, which should be used only against infantry, the air strikes almost without fail get their target. They are the one thing that gives the American any hope of keeping to a winnable attack timetable.

I do like how the BAR rifle is coded in this game. If the BAR man can remain unpanicked, he has a chance of hitting some enemy in a firefight. I notice the unreinforced American AB BGs don't have BARs. Is that historic?

I know the problem for a Utah mod is keeping the German interested. If the American is too strong, no one will want to play as the German. But having said that, my wish list would be to reinclude just a few heavy 4.5 inch chemical mortars in the mix, and reinclude just a few flame tanks for the US, assuming they were historically deployed on the Cotentin. I believe both the flame tanks and the heavy morars are in 501a.

Also, one last thing. I don't understand why the 2nd Armored division unit that comes over from Omaha must lose supply after just a couple of days. That threat of the loss of supply forces that unit into a violent attack against a pretty good German unit, one of the regiments of the 352 division. If the Americans had fought their way over to Utah from Omaha, isn't it realistic to assume the supply line would be intact?

Dima

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

Quote:
I never succeeded in knocking out a German AT gun or howitzer with US 81 mm mortar fire.

yes there is such thing, will be chnged in new ver.

Quote:
German 81 mm mortar fire can take out squads even when they have hit the dirt and are in ambush mode.

false. it can't do such thing.

Quote:
The American half tracks are extremely vulnerable to mortar fire. I would say they last for about 6 or 7 mortar rounds max before they are lost. The Priests, the M8 armored cars, and the SP 75 mm howitzers are all very vulnerable to 81 mm mortar fire, not to mention 120 mm mortar fire.

Priest is not vulnerable to 8cm.

Quote:
I haven't had a chance to use the M10s in battle yet, so I don't know how they would fare against 81 mm mortar fire.

M10 is not vulnerable to 8cm.

Quote:
Their AT rounds are better than Sherman AT rounds and their HE rounds are more devastating.

german HE shells r less powerfull/devastating.

Quote:
It would be nice to have some upgunned 76 mm Shermans to use against these assault guns, assuming upgunned Shermans were deployed on the Cotentin.

76mm Shermans were not used in Cotentin in June. First usage in late July.

Quote:
My guess is these three battalions have over 100 squads of infantry, not including support weapons and leaders etc.

including Very Happy.

Quote:
I notice the unreinforced American AB BGs don't have BARs. Is that historic?

yes. BAR wasn't allocated to ABs in time of Normandy.

Quote:
But having said that, my wish list would be to reinclude just a few heavy 4.5 inch chemical mortars in the mix,

4.2" mortars wont be there, same for 12cm mortars....well maybe only on recruit Wink

Quote:
and reinclude just a few flame tanks for the US, assuming they were historically deployed on the Cotentin.

there were no flame tanx for yanx in summer 1944, at least in Normandy.

Quote:
I believe both the flame tanks and the heavy morars are in 501a.

there r alot of things in CC501a Smile.

Quote:
If the Americans had fought their way over to Utah from Omaha, isn't it realistic to assume the supply line would be intact?

yes, that's nasty thing in GC.
u can fix it yerself by opening Scenario Editor and chnge the supply dump from 1 little barrel to big barrels (like r on the beaches).
Tho that will allow US units to land there if beach maps r occupied from June 7th.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Utah

Jump to: