Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:37 pm Post subject: TRSM v094 bug thread Reply with quote

Report all the bugs/flaws of v094 here

provide screenshot if possible plz.

Last edited by Dima on Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:44 am; edited 2 times in total

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

"Report all the bugs/flaws of v093 here

provide screenshot if possible plz. "

dont u mean v.94 Rolling Eyes

espree de corp

Dima

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

thnx Tack

ANZAC_Tack

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:12 pm Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

maybe NOT a TRSM bug, maybe MAP,but coursilles port(third beach assult) i have played some 6 times,and with 3 00:00 crashes!

maybe ,just maybe the units in that BG ,the crab and 20mm AA tank are unique,and maybe causing conflicts?

i need more data/other peoples experience first.

maybe CCV is just shitting me off, i said to PL player the errors.

1 'exe' wait.
2 'n/n' wait
3 the Grand Campaign map, that u can move units to without arrows.
4 the cheat to look at opponent BG.
5 the cheat if opponent hits 'next' first and u can look at his chosen BG
6 00:00 crash.
7 bad saves if hit next.

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

maybe after seing CCIII to CoI, i hope CCV will get fixes so i can keep playing for years more with LITTLE or NO errors of map coding/engine bugs.

espree de corp

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Tack,

shame but i cant do anything with it.
imo 00:00 bug depends on yer system settings.

f.e. for me 00:00 is v rare bug and my games always save even when it appears :S

just tested several times with diferent FP (Centaur AA and Crab too) and didn't have any.

i know that sometimes u can avoid this bug by chnging the side of host (for that battle).

ANZAC_Tack

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:29 am Post subject: ? Reply with quote

system settings?

i got XPsp2, and its pretty up to date, new install a few months ago.

direct X u mean?

espree de corp

Dima

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:46 am Post subject: Reply with quote

well, as i told it's my imo but i believe it depends on drivers, connection settings, IP adresses, Anti-vir, well dunno what exactly.

look, we have played GC till 24th with AJ and had v few 00:00 bugs (tho some of them were v annoying) and like 90% of them created saved games Smile.

anyway i can't fix it Sad.

king

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

i was playing TRSM and the allies had a Stuart.
I didn't really like the Stuart because when he fired, not one round exploded between my men, but allmost 20 rounds exploded!! real massacre...
But is should fire 1 round and not 20...
And when my teams were in ambush, they were allmost overrun by the allies..they crawled towards my teams but my teams didn't fire!! like the ambush wasn't working...

maybe you can do something about...

bye

Dima

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 1:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I didn't really like the Stuart because when he fired, not one round exploded between my men, but allmost 20 rounds exploded!! real massacre...

US 37mm guns had cannister rounds (basically shell with many bullets inside). In TRSM Stu will fire cannister if it engages soft targets at ranges closer than 150m.

Quote:
But is should fire 1 round and not 20...

it is 1 round.

Quote:
like the ambush wasn't working...maybe you can do something about...

afaik, ambush behavior is hardcoded thing - one can't mod it.

slbm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello.
I've recently started to play TRSM 0.94 (elite vs. elite) and I like the new features very much, though I have found an issue which is really annoying. Now I'm starting to play fourth battle in the campaign (Allied side) and this is the second time the British don't come from the beach! On both Corseulles-Sur-Mer and Sword Beach the invaders enter the map from the top edge. On one Polish forum I've noticed that some guy experienced the same thing, though he wrote only about Corseulles. When I try a single mission it's OK - invasion comes from the sea.

Cheers,
Adam

Dima

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi slbm,

thing is that's CC5 bug: if u disband enemy on any beach, next beach u'll enter from the direction of captured map.

same issue was explained in v094 readme.

slbm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Dima,
Thanks for quick answer. Well, then I'll just have to be careful with the enemy Smile

Cheers,
Adam

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Whimpy smoke. Why did you change the smoke to such a small amount? You can barely see it and it does not hamper visibility what so ever. I much prefer the standard smoke volume used in most mods.

Mortars - I know this has been discussed before but I think the min range of 230/250 is too much. I understand the arguement of actual minimum ranges but in reality such units wouldn't even be on these small maps. But since we are constrained to map size limits we should have shorter min ranges on the mortars to account for map restrictions. I'm currently reading a book about the Allied Campagin in Italy and a comment was made that during the Anzio fight, Mortar crews were firing almost vertical to hit Germans at a range of 100m. (The Day of Battle - R Atkinson)

ronson

Rep: 36.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:37 pm Post subject: 17pdr Reply with quote

I was wondering why the 17pdrs were performing so badly and inconsistently, then took these shots of 3 Flys, the guns of all of them have a different Anti Tank rating!
http://www.closecombatseries.net/screenshots/public/FlyAb8e9504c78d38bd.jpg
http://www.closecombatseries.net/screenshots/public/FlyBcf48f475e051bfe.jpg
http://www.closecombatseries.net/screenshots/public/FlyCcee5314ee42d52f.jpg
  Any idea why this should happen? also, as you can see at long range this gun is barely an improvement on the conventional Shermans 75mm.

Cheers
Ronson

GR member Ronson1  ac 4247033

Dima

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:47 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Any idea why this should happen?

yes,
in CC u can set only base accuracy or penetration that will vary depending on unit experience/morale.

Quote:
also, as you can see at long range this gun is barely an improvement on the conventional Shermans 75mm.

more than 2 times better pen at 1000m - seems v good imprevement to me Smile.

anyway, i suggest u to compare 17pdr diagram with KwK40, KwK42 and KwK36 diagrams Smile.

ronson

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx for the rapid reply,
penetration figures are I feel somewhat a statisticians dream and a laymans nightmare, however to pick for example a comparison at 500yds for the sake of arguement....the 75/L48 of the MkIV will penetrate approx 106mm, the 88/L56 of the Tiger 120mm. While both the 75/L70 and the 17pdr will achieve 140mm.

Therefore the 17 pdr and 75/L70 can be said to share a similar performance, this will drop off in the case of the 17pdr due to superior German optics at longer ranges.

In Normandy however the engagement ranges were generally short, and the victory usually went to the tank that fired first, demonstrated best by the Wittman episode where in June he destroyed a fly from ambush then went on to shoot up a bunch of Cromwells. This situation was reversed in August when he himself, and his platoon of Tigers were destroyed by an ambushing Fly.
From this it appears, in Normandy, that a well placed tank with a decent gun could take out attacking tanks.

It seems that the fly at present is significantly performing below par in comparison with regular GJS, where you can be reasonably confident of hurting most German tanks up to medium range (700 mtres), and the German MkIV's and below out to long range (3000 metres).

Cheers
Ronson

Dima

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

Quote:
penetration figures are I feel somewhat a statisticians dream and a laymans nightmare, however to pick for example a comparison at 500yds for the sake of arguement....the 75/L48 of the MkIV will penetrate approx 106mm, the 88/L56 of the Tiger 120mm. While both the 75/L70 and the 17pdr will achieve 140mm.

i suggested u to compare AT bars (diagrams) for these tanx/guns in TRSM.

Quote:
It seems that the fly at present is significantly performing below par in comparison with regular GJS, where you can be reasonably confident of hurting most German tanks up to medium range (700 mtres),

ever tried to do in TRSM? Smile

Quote:
and the German MkIV's and below out to long range (3000 metres).

ever tried to engage targets at 3000m in GJS? Wink

ronson

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I visited a few Bars Smile I atempted to get all Good teams so as to compare with previous Fly ones
MkIV first:-

Com Panther:-

Normal Panther:-

Another Panther:-

Just for variety a Stug:- only average this time

A pair of tigers:- Good team first

Average Tiger:-

Yes I've tried to engage at different ranges, even coming in close under 150m, but the result usually is a dead fly, and if lucky a damaged Panther. I can only remember one occasion actually killing a Panther and escaping with the Fly.

3000m Smile sorry my mistake, what I meant was over the 700m medium range bracket, at 3000 I'd be shooting into the next map I guess Laughing and I still wouldn't hit rockall Wink

Have a play around with these tanks yourself, and also lets see what other people think........don't think this a complaint about your mod which I find very good, the Infantry action now is excellent, I've been playing this consistantly for some time now and going back the other day to conventional GJS was quite a shock!

Cheers
Ronson

Dima

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I visited a few Bars I atempted to get all Good teams so as to compare with previous Fly ones

i can c that both StuG and PzIV has worse bars than VC Smile.

Panther has better stats as it should have had. While Tiger has pretty same.

Quote:
Yes I've tried to engage at different ranges, even coming in close under 150m, but the result usually is a dead fly, and if lucky a damaged Panther.

the best tactics to use VC vs Panther is to ambush it and hit side Smile. As whatever good gun VC had it still had weak Sherman armor.
on monday i managed to win duel with Panther at 432m with VC. tho my VC was behind the hedge with only turret exposed.

btw, try to engage PzIV/StuG at ranges further than 500m Wink. at such range VC penetrates those tanx same good as at 100m but its armor can withstand punishment from KwK40/StuK40 AP shells.

Quote:
I can only remember one occasion actually killing a Panther and escaping with the Fly.

ye good words - hit and run before Panther turns it's turret Smile.

Quote:
Have a play around with these tanks yourself, and also lets see what other people think........don't think this a complaint about your mod which I find very good,

mate, i like good discussions and always pay attention to the feedback and constructive criticism.
i have 2 private GC running as allies and know that even 1 VC can make yer defence v strong.

thing is that in GJS 17pdr was better than KwK42, same for Fly armor, it was better than regular Sherman's. plus Fly had basic exp/morale 4 which made it core unit. (that is not historical but was done to give more punch to allies).
In TRSM u need to earn exp in battles and apply realistic tactics to win Smile.

dehm

Rep: 28.3

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont consider it a bug but i report. The air attacks... I have use over 15 in a GC and any one have destroyed an AT, using both planes, spitfire and typhon, only several kills. I think it is useless... or i'm doing something wrong.

I've no seen Panther till... i hope no to see them!!!!

And in Courseulles i move my ally bg to another map, the next bg in the beach next day, 8 June, appear inland, while the german should deploy in beach. Bug!

dehm, thx for the mod dima

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Total Realism Sub Mod
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: