Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:05 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have use over 15 in a GC and any one have destroyed an AT, using both planes, spitfire and typhon, only several kills. I think it is useless... or i'm doing something wrong.

yes they seem to be not that powerfull in TRSM vs ATGs tho work pretty good vs tanx and other vehicles and of coz excellent vs infantry Smile.
anyway will be lil bit more effective vs ATGs in new ver.

Quote:
And in Courseulles i move my ally bg to another map, the next bg in the beach next day, 8 June, appear inland, while the german should deploy in beach. Bug!

yes but not TRSM bug. that's CC5 bug.
as when u moved BG inland and took ground AI thinks that the next BG landing on the beach should come from friendly area thus comes from inland instead of sea. nothing to do with that (at least i dunno how to fix that).

bexx76

Rep: 38.5

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 4:04 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all, the mod is very good but i have some prob with at guns... german at guns reveal position at first shoot, and the 6 pdr at gun need only 1 shoot for destroy the german guns...
possible that allies at gun have been super powered?

dehm

Rep: 28.3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:01 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for you quick answer Dima.

Bexxs, you must diference between 88's and 7.5 ATs for example. You can hide them because they are greater. It's a size problem. Germans have small ats too and as with the 6 Pounds it's hard to see them.

One method is to use defend order, no fire order, so the AT will be more difficult to see.

Another thing to consider is that an 88 shot will be able to destroy any ally tank, i have lost recently one stuart and one sherman in 30" by an 88, yes, a discovered it after the second shot and i destroy it but... two losses!

I usually play as ally and i must fire between 4 - 6 shots in order to destroy a Panzer IVH, Marders are very easy and i have not seen Tigers and Panthers yet... but i'm afraid!!!!

dehm

bexx76

Rep: 38.5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:35 am Post subject: Reply with quote

thx for answer, i have read and i have try to build a battle with phanters, fireflys and 6 pdr.... the firefly dont do well like 6pdr :/
at 300 meters the 6 pdr destroy the phanter in 2 frontal shoots !!!!
i understand that 300 meters is not a big distance but the maps are not so big for permit germans to use theyr superiority!
i continue think that 6 pdr are superpowered....
(sry for my bad english, but me never good in english)

ronson

Rep: 36.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

A few points, not strictly bugs, more like observations, but I think worth discussion:-

Armoured cars and Tracks1:- These seem to be harder to hit with tanks/guns than tanks are. Is this something to do with their size and speed?
If so maybe its something that can be expanded on with regard to light tanks etc.

Armoured cars and Tracks2:- Infantry attempts to engage these vehicles with small arms fire, previously under GJS this could have some effect, however this has now been rightly changed, can you please do something about this tendency of rifle and MG armed infantry to shoot at them. All that this achieves is that the infantry give away their postion and invite their own destruction by the vehicle they are shooting at. Would it be possible to limit this agression to when the vehicle gets within grenade range? where it would be possible to have some effect.

Crews:- Bailed out crews, for all nations, seem to act far more agressively than regular infantry, many times I've seen a tank crew bail out of a tank destroyed by an infantry ATW proceed to attack the Piat or Shreck and overwhelm them!......in most cases when attacked by enemy infantry these crews put up a stiffer fight than their regular infantry comrades. Now I can accept to a certain extent that they would defend themselves but to overcome fully equipped infantry? not likely, for the most they would be very lightly armed, if at all. Most surviving crew members would generally surrender to a determined attack by enemy infantry.

Thanks for your time

Cheers
Ronson[/b]

GR member Ronson1  ac 4247033

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I would add one other item to some of the above comments.

I had the opportunity to fight a couple battles last night in TRSM. The first battle I faced a Panther BG and couldn't touch a single Panther. I might have immobilzed one but otherwise it was ridiculously one sided. Note - Inf assaults and piat attacks had no effect.

The second battle I fought with the Panther BG and completely overwhelmed my opponent. I did lose one Panther but it had a drunken driver and got hit by 4 guns at once (2 6lb ATG and 2 Firefly). But from a game play standpoint, I think it is unreasonable to require a 4 to 1 gun ratio to kill a panther.

So my suggestion would be to lighten the armor a little so that it is not quite so impossible to kill a panther. I believe Tigers fall into the same category though I have not had the pleasure of fighting them.

Dima

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

Ronson

Quote:
A few points, not strictly bugs

not bugs at all Wink.

Quote:
These seem to be harder to hit with tanks/guns than tanks are. Is this something to do with their size and speed?

yes it is.

Quote:
If so maybe its something that can be expanded on with regard to light tanks etc.

keep on moving and u'll notice same effect.

Quote:
Would it be possible to limit this agression to when the vehicle gets within grenade range?

basic ambush range is 30m (vary depending on exp/morale), basic range of grenade throwing is 30m (vary depending on exp/morale), so average team would start to shoot at target while on ambush when the target is at 30m.

and btw it's just hard to hit crew but far from impossible.

Quote:
not likely, for the most they would be very lightly armed, if at all. Most surviving crew members would generally surrender to a determined attack by enemy infantry.

in my experience it usually happens like that ... maybe coz i usually have BREN next to PIAT? Smile
anyway, the only chnge i made to crews was increasing their weight to make them slower...didn't help it seems.

Kevin,

Quote:
Note - Inf assaults and piat attacks had no effect.

me once captured Panther in Abbey due to infantry assault Very Happy.

Quote:
So my suggestion would be to lighten the armor a little so that it is not quite so impossible to kill a panther

i believe u should just adopt new AT tactics when yer ATGs will have v narrow LoS so they could engage 1 tank in 1 time and from side/rear (where the armor is really thin).

check bexx76 post:
at 300 meters the 6 pdr destroy the phanter in 2 frontal shoots !!!!
i continue think that 6 pdr are superpowered....

so looks like u guys in different sides of same line Wink.

as for me i believe that Panther is v dangerous opponent but has some major disadvantages such as:
1)V slow RoF (like 3-4 times slower than 6-pdr).
2)V slow turret (except to ausf G and late A).
3)V thin side armor.
4)Not that good HE shell.

so my suggestion for u is to use these disadvantages in your advantage and don't be fool by the green aim at Panther's front - 6pdr/17pdr/3inch is asble to pen Panther's turret front at medium range (that's why green aim), but thing is that there is lil chance to hit turret and v big chnce to hit hull and bounce off Smile.

Quote:
I believe Tigers fall into the same category though I have not had the pleasure of fighting them.

ye in comparison to Tigers Panther r just toys Smile.

Pzt_Decoy

Rep: 25.7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Dima,

First of all let me congatulate you on a mod very well done, i have been really enjoying this. Smile

But i have to agree with Ronson on the 17pdrs though, it seems to me that the 6pdrs have a better performance against the big cats than the 17pdrs, imo they are a bit too weak and the Brits have nothing else rly to stop the Panthers.

In one occasion my panther survived 6 frontal hits from a 17pdr at medium range and result was an undamaged panther and a destroyed 17pdr . I remember in GJS the fireflys and heavy atg's where really powerfull against panthers and usually damaged them in 2 or even 1 shot if you had some luck.

Cheers.

Barcisz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:44 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. When I start first battle on "Ouistreham" map (I'm playing Germans) the Allies start fight not in "Landing area" point but "Strongpoint Morris". It's that ok?

ANZAC_Lord4war

Rep: 3.5

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:28 am Post subject: mmm Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
And in Courseulles i move my ally bg to another map, the next bg in the beach next day, 8 June, appear inland, while the german should deploy in beach. Bug!

yes but not TRSM bug. that's CC5 bug.
as when u moved BG inland and took ground AI thinks that the next BG landing on the beach should come from friendly area thus comes from inland instead of sea. nothing to do with that (at least i dunno how to fix that).

try looking at ur btds,it is a bug from who makes the gc.
look at it for 2 minutes that is a long as it should take for some1 with a brain to figure it out.

Forget words,actions will show your true ambitions!The Battlefield,In many cases, the terrain of a battlefield can be the best resource a commander has. A clump of trees, an abandoned house, or a drainage ditch can all be powerful tools in the right hands

dehm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again.

I've continue the GC against one friend, Erwin, using the allies. I destroyed my first cat today, first 6 Pounds shot inmobilized it, the third destroy it, always shooting from the side.

I´have tested Panthers agains Shermans, Firefly and 6 Pounds, only these last can do something at long o medium range, at shot range de 6 Pounds do it greatly but Shermans continue very bad.

A Panther needs between 8 to 10 shots to be damaged, with one shot it destroy any allied tank... so... I think Panther should be better than Tiger but not so.

Thx for the mod!

dehm

Pzt_Serk

Rep: 8.7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:44 am Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny because I was going to suggest to Dima to take a look (and upgrade Smile ) at Panther's and Tiger's gun AT power since, to my experience, Shermans and Fireflys have an amazingly high survival rate against them, especially the Shermans II's and the Firefly... It just doesn't feel right when a sherman/fly survives to 4 shots from a Tiger while it manage to immobilise the tank and kill a crew member, as happened so often to me. I've just had a 2 on 1 with a Tiger and command Mark IV vs Fly at about 430m Result: one dead mark IV and one damaged Tiger with one injured guy. Don't know about the Fly but it was still firing and had all 4 crewmembers alive. Had to retreat the Tiger since a 2nd Fly was getting in the fight. And it's not the first time I must retreat with a Tiger because I can't kill the damn thing no matter if I fire first:(

Panthers seem fine even if they appear to have bad performances at close range (around 100-150 m.).

Excellent mod overall Dima. I remember you saying you were working on a new version? any idea about the release date?

Cheers

Pzt_Serk

Dima

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:39 am Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

dehm
Quote:
I've continue the GC against one friend, Erwin, using the allies. I destroyed my first cat today, first 6 Pounds shot inmobilized it, the third destroy it, always shooting from the side.

felt heppy ? Smile

i was v happy when i killed first Tiger Very Happy.

Quote:
I´have tested Panthers agains Shermans, Firefly and 6 Pounds, only these last can do something at long o medium range, at shot range de 6 Pounds do it greatly but Shermans continue very bad.

at CC ranges any allied AT/T gun can KO Panther with side hit and some luck...
at frontal projection and further than 100m it can be done by 6pdr with APDS(SP), 3-inch, 17pdr but i don't suggest to try that often, only as last ditch way.

Quote:
Panther needs between 8 to 10 shots to be damaged, with one shot it destroy any allied tank...

from my exp Panther needs from 1 to 3 shots to be killed from side and from 1 to 10 shots to be killed from front Smile.

Pzt_Serk,

Quote:
to my experience, Shermans and Fireflys have an amazingly high survival rate against them,

wish i had yer experience....my Shermans get killed v fast...lost like 180 tanx by the 13th June.

Quote:
especially the Shermans II's and the Firefly.

Sherman IIs are the most armored Sherman version in TRSM Smile. Firefly has better armor for turret than Shermans.

Quote:
2 on 1 with a Tiger and command Mark IV vs Fly at about 430m Result

u prolly, missidentified PzIIIM with PzIV as sPzAbt.101 has 2 PzIIIM in TRSM. At such range 5cm KwK has v hard time to pen Sherman's armor while PzIII armor can't withstand punishment from 17-pdr.
Tigers always killed my VCs in duels at any range...

Quote:
Panthers seem fine even if they appear to have bad performances at close range (around 100-150 m.).

Quote:
I remember you saying you were working on a new version? any idea about the release date?

soon.

dehm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Dima wrote:
hi,

dehm
Quote:

felt heppy ? Smile

i was v happy when i killed first Tiger Very Happy.

When i saw it i was afraid... but my AT do it's best against the Tiger. I was VERY happy... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy The first one

But... i still think Tiger is perfectly done, maybe more shot per minute.

Quote:

from my exp Panther needs from 1 to 3 shots to be killed from side and from 1 to 10 shots to be killed from front Smile.

At short range no problem with Ats... anyway too strong. I think the Panther have less armor than Tiger but with angle which make it similar or better. But... so good? I dont know but it seems too powerfull.

I have tested in a scenary, no in the GC...

Quote:
to my experience, Shermans and Fireflys have an amazingly high survival rate against them,

Mmmm, i have tested over five battles, no GC battles, with only tanks and Panther KILL everything quick, sometimes it seems to have less "visibility" but... the infantry is there.

Quote:

Sherman IIs are the most armored Sherman version in TRSM Smile. Firefly has better armor for turret than Shermans.

Ups! I didn`t know that.

Quote:

I think similar but one bad thing let us to have hope!

Quote:
I remember you saying you were working on a new version? any idea about the release date?

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

One more thing, I'm playing with allies but my enemy, Erwin, yes... as Rommel Wink , tell me that he things German have bad infantry, powerless tanks and in general no posibility to stop allies ¿what do you thing? I cannot say nothig because i have not use them till now

Thx for the mod Dima

dehm

dehm

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

One point more, i play agains Jagdpanzer two days ago and i think they are now as i think they should be. Frontal shots from 6 Punds AT, over 15, did not damage them. Side shot was diferent...

Dima, you have balanced them very well.

dehm

Pzt_Serk

Rep: 8.7

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Dima,

Regarding my tiger duel, the other tank was a mark IV since I was playing with the 130 Lehr bg. Also, the firefly was behind a large hedge while my Tiger was not, so it explains why i had such a hard time to kill it. Tiger's gun would probably have fared much better if the fly was in the open.

Also, against Pzt_Ronson, I just had a french halftrack with a pak 40 killed 3 tanks and escape unharmed since he was behind a large hedge. In another gc, an Avre survived 15 and more flank shots from my flak 36 because of a small wall (that's the only explanation i could find). So the problem seems more to be about the hedge than the Tiger's gun Smile

I don't know about the wall but Hedges should not have that effect imo so is it possible to get rid of that feature ( shield effect of hedges, even with clear LOS). My understanding is that it should give concealment or block the los but I don't think it should stop anti-tank shells.

Also, regarding tanks/atg crews, is it possible to make it so they leave the map like routed soldiers? Ronson and I had a discussion about that and we think it would better represent their normal behavior than staying where they are and fight to the death. It was funny to watch a gun crew charge an armored car passing nearby and immobilizing it Wink

Food for though.

Cheers

Pzt_Serk

Kartboy6

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:35 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mate
How are you?
Long time no speak.
PzEddie and I are back in to CC5 Wink So we'll start by your realism mod. I'll try to give you some feedback next week.
Cheers

Dima

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

Kartboy,

Quote:
I'll try to give you some feedback next week.

where is the feedback? Wink

pzt_serk,

Quote:
So the problem seems more to be about the hedge than the Tiger's gun

ye true. will think how it should be tweaked.

Quote:
Also, regarding tanks/atg crews, is it possible to make it so they leave the map like routed soldiers?

nop.

Quote:
It was funny to watch a gun crew charge an armored car passing nearby and immobilizing it

well, picture, he got enuf time to recover and saw armored car passing by w/o spotting him, so he took AT grenade and threw it...hit!

imo it's ok.

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Dima

i have just started playing your mod.......the jurys still out because we are still in the early stages.....getting off the beachs.
im playing Polemarchos. he's played the mod before i havent.
interesting so far.

i have some thoughts......
1] the piat is now the super shreak. rate of fire is good but its a too powerfull.
2] the BR 3 inch motars min range is too long. 230m is not historical or even practical in CC. the german 80 mm mortar has the same problem.
http://www.hypospace.net/equipment/mortars.htm
http://riv.co.nz/rnza/hist/mortar/mort15.htm
the min range for a 3inch BR mortor is 114m or 125yds.

more practical for CC would be 80m im thinking.
Polemarchos agree''s with this also. any chance you can change these in the next patch? the 3 inch mortar is almost useless as it is on most maps.

i havent seen how the shreak and faust work yet but i have heard that they have been made unrealistic. the shrak wont penetrate allied front tank armour? thats not TRSM???

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

stiener

Rep: 46.4
votes: 3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

in response to the remarks that you have to earn experience for your Fire fly crews.......thats not completly true.

in the book "sherman Firefly VS tiger normandy 1944"by stephen a hart......it explains that in most cases EXPERIENCED CREWS AND OR COMMANDERS were put into the Fireflys for exactly the reason of the threat of the tigers and panthers and the allied needed to have an edge.......
it also points out that the mk 4 had no problem killing the Fly or the regular marks of the sherman tank. this point is made clear from various excerpts from allied war jounals and 1st hand accounts from both sides.

wittmanns tiger was knocked out and desroyed from the 1st shot of an experienced Fly at 800m aprox.....a side shot. the fly aited for the side shot and rane because at 800m the commander thought he had a resonable CHANCE of penetrateing the side armour of the tiger.

i think the Fly's crews should be given greater experience in your mod.
what do you think Dima?

WHEN THE PIN IS PULLED "MR GRENADE"IS NOT OUR FRIEND !

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Total Realism Sub Mod
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: