Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1180
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:45 pm Post subject: Report minor bugs here Reply with quote

hi guys report bugs here:

I found one minor icon issue:

Kaprovka or Voroshilov a Pz 38 pak selbstfahrlafette has an gun icon for its MG.

To brave men few words are as good as many

pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:22 pm Post subject: Re: Report minor bugs here Reply with quote

Polemarchos wrote:

Kaprovka or Voroshilov a Pz 38 pak selbstfahrlafette has an gun icon for its MG.

Hi Polemarchos,

First, is it in Karpovka or Voroschilov? What is the unit?
Second, what is this "Pz38 selbstfahrlafette"? Could you name it by its SOC name? PaK 38?

Then, I will be able to check. For the moment, i don't understand anything.

Cheers
PJ

pzjager

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:40 pm Post subject: Re: Report minor bugs here Reply with quote

Polemarchos wrote:

Hi,

I doubled-checked again some minutes ago.... Found nothing!

Once again, what is this Pz38 selbstetc.... On what screen? Battlegroup screen, Soldiersscreen, debriefscreen?..... An other one which is not in CC?

Waiting for information.

PJ

Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

ups sorry wrong map...

the icon issue is on Batukin

affected unit: Pzjäger Abt.46/ 44. ID

pak40 auf GWLs(f) (selbstfahrlafette)

icon shows 2mm gun for 7.5mm Kampfwagen MG311

screen:

both campaign, and battlegroup screen as well as in game, it is used however as MG by the game engine...

To brave men few words are as good as many

pzjager

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:34 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Polemarchos wrote:
ups sorry wrong map...

the icon issue is on Batukin

affected unit: Pzjäger Abt.46/ 44. ID

pak40 auf GWLs(f) (selbstfahrlafette)

icon shows 2mm gun for 7.5mm Kampfwagen MG311

screen:

both campaign, and battlegroup screen as well as in game, it is used however as MG by the game engine...

OK, I checked. You are right.
I have put the right icon in a new Screengadget file which will be part of the further version.

GENERALLY SPEAKING, COULD I ASK TO ALL OF YOU TO BE PRECISE WHEN THEY REPORT SUCH BUGS ??? A CC MOD IS A COMPLEX THING WITH 44 MAPS, 54 UNITS, 150 WEAPONS, ETC.... IF YOU ARE TOO VAGUE, I CAN'T DO ANYTHING!

Thanks
PJ

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:47 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Minor cosmetic glitch (appeared since SDK):
FJ (Luftwaffe) ranks appearing in the gameplay/battle screens instead of Heer ranks.
GameGadg.gdg files issue.

PS: Sorry to bring this up again, PJ Smile

pzjager

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote:
Minor cosmetic glitch (appeared since SDK):
FJ (Luftwaffe) ranks appearing in the gameplay/battle screens instead of Heer ranks.
GameGadg.gdg files issue.

PS: Sorry to bring this up again, PJ Smile

Hi Squadleader,

You say it is in the Gamegdg file? In this case, and if it doesn't take too long, could you send me the creected file? It will be in the 1.1...

You told me some weeks ago that it was in the exe... I did not make the change at this time because it would have meant to redo all the stratmap...

Thanks
PJ

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the confusion...the SDK exe I sent you some weeks ago was for uniform colors changes (modified by me and Pzt_Kanov)...with darker feldgrau for the Germans.

For the Luftwaffe Ranks glitch...it's a simple procedure to fix it:

In the Gamegdg files...
Change the graphics of SMRANKLUFTx_xxx.tga (total of 10 ranks/files) so they're the same as SMRANKGERMx_xxx.tga (10 ranks/files also).
This way even if the game points to Luftwaffe ranks...they'll display Heer ranks.
[BTW, this is a CC5 bug that was never patched...the Gamegdg ranks should be able to show 3 different German ranks like in the Soldier Screen...but it can only show 1 type of rank. That's why in the original game...both SS and FJ are displayed in Heer ranks in the gameplay/battle screens.]

I hope that helps, my friend...

pzjager

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote:
Sorry for the confusion...the SDK exe I sent you some weeks ago was for uniform colors changes (modified by me and Pzt_Kanov)...with darker feldgrau for the Germans.

For the Luftwaffe Ranks glitch...it's a simple procedure to fix it:

In the Gamegdg files...
Change the graphics of SMRANKLUFTx_xxx.tga (total of 10 ranks/files) so they're the same as SMRANKGERMx_xxx.tga (10 ranks/files also).
This way even if the game points to Luftwaffe ranks...they'll display Heer ranks.
[BTW, this is a CC5 bug that was never patched...the Gamegdg ranks should be able to show 3 different German ranks like in the Soldier Screen...but it can only show 1 type of rank. That's why in the original game...both SS and FJ are displayed in Heer ranks in the gameplay/battle screens.]

I hope that helps, my friend...

Hi,

I will do it and send you the modified file. You will just to tell me if it is OK.

Cheers
PJ

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to send me the file, PJ...
After the modification...just check the battle screen rank...bottom row...left side.
Hmmm...from my experiment...some of the mortar teams show no rank graphics...strange.

Pzt_Kanov

Rep: 14.2
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote:
No need to send me the file, PJ...
After the modification...just check the battle screen rank...bottom row...left side.
Hmmm...from my experiment...some of the mortar teams show no rank graphics...strange.

Maybe they are low ranked soldiers? there is one rank below private that doesn't display graphics because it does not have an insignia to show.

It could be a bug too though.

HUyou

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Some soviet infantry teams such as Avtomachiki could not enter buildings. Why does this happen?

ronson

Rep: 36.7
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Some soviet infantry teams such as Avtomachiki could not enter buildings. Why does this happen?

Because they are not members! the doormen refuse entry Laughing ...sorry couldn't resist that, just a joke Smile

Seriously...I have never had this problem, make sure that you are entering via a door or window opening of the building in question. If you pass your cursor over the wall it will show where there are doors and windows, place your movement dot on these and the troops will gather there, once in place, order them another move inside.

Some walls shown as thick with a red inner part are totally impassable to troops, you may only go around these. In this case its best to order a move to the end of the wall section, then move around it.

The interior of buildings in all Mods are hard to move around in and you will find that some soldiers get 'lost', this is nothing new. I once had a German scout team running on the spot for 15minutes in one of my Meuse games attempting to run through a wall Confused they ended the battle having done nothing but totally exhausted!.
You can try to link the teams up again, which is possible, but it generally takes so long its not worth doing, and while you are doing this your taking your attention from the real battle.

Its worth just setting yourself up a practise battle v the AI on a cluttered map and getting used to moving the teams around these obstructions.

Hope this helps you

Cheers
Ronson

GR member Ronson1  ac 4247033

pzjager

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

HUyou wrote:

Hi,

If you want to play as the russians, play ever H2H or the standart mod. You are playing the russian mod. In this one, some soviets infantry teams cannot enter into buildings.

Anyway, SOC has to be played by the axis side.

Cheers
PJ

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Operation Circle

Jump to: