Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

  Survey
TRIVIA: Are soldiers credited for killing surrendered troops?

Yes
No
Unsure



Results
Polls

Votes 2763
Comments: 2

  Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

  Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    TIK @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

  Donations
Bazookajoe - $25.00
06/02/2020

Pete - $25.00
04/11/2020

Anonymous - $10.00
03/08/2020

m2carbine - $20.00
02/14/2020

Dima - $25.00
01/26/2020

mikwarleo - $20.00
01/25/2019

0202243 - $10.00
12/04/2018

tycoon1969 - $10.00
07/31/2018

Anonymous - $10.00
06/24/2018

spudweasel - $5.00
05/19/2018

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.



Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search


 Author
Message
 
pzjager

Rep: 1.3


PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:00 pm Post subject: SOC German Vetmod Reply with quote

Hi to you all, SOC fans,

SOC has been released 2 weeks ago and seems to be OK to most of CCplayers so far. I did the most "historical" mod -but fun to play as well- I could do.

To be honest, the basic SOC is the version I played during the development of SOC. That's the version you play and like. There is an other one, in my computer (the small/great one, Win 9Cool, which I play everyday, which is the ultimate difficulty SOC....

Do you want it? Or is the standard mod already OK.....or already too difficult?

Cheers
PJ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
francois




PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

Give it to us please. I'm a bit of a masochist when it comes to gaming, I actually try to make games as hard as possible and end up enjoying losing.

But basically speaking how is it that different to the vanilla mod? Do the Germans end up with even less ammo?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
pzjager

Rep: 1.3


PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

francois wrote:
Very Happy

Give it to us please. I'm a bit of a masochist when it comes to gaming, I actually try to make games as hard as possible and end up enjoying losing.

But basically speaking how is it that different to the vanilla mod? Do the Germans end up with even less ammo?


Nothing to do with ammo...

PJ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
squadleader_id

Rep: 53.1
votes: 7


PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, please!
Even if it's (your term) a bit of a cheat mod...I want it!
The CC5 AI is just not aggressive enough unless more infantry are coded as vehicles Smile

With the current SAI settings...too many Russian teams are crawling to the German lines...not rushing, running and scrambling like the way I like it Very Happy
The SDK German vetmod is just brutal!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
pzjager

Rep: 1.3


PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:36 am Post subject: Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote:
Yes, please!
Even if it's (your term) a bit of a cheat mod...I want it!
The CC5 AI is just not aggressive enough unless more infantry are coded as vehicles Smile

With the current SAI settings...too many Russian teams are crawling to the German lines...not rushing, running and scrambling like the way I like it Very Happy
The SDK German vetmod is just brutal!


Hi,

JUst don't forget that units that are coded as vehicles cannot enter in the small buildings (homes). This creates a lot of problems in city maps. That's why I did not use this kind of coding for ALLl the units. Moreover, some BG's fighting in city maps are completly out of units coded as vehicles (such the one starting at Plochad, for instance.

But anyway, once again, this german vetmod has nothing to do with the adb files. The secret is in the map files

Cheers
PJ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
squadleader_id

Rep: 53.1
votes: 7


PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:35 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh...the secret ingredient!
Some day you should let us in on the secret PJ Very Happy
So the vetmod will contain map txt files?

BTW, how about combining special map coding and vehicle-coded infantry?
You'd need to reconfigure the BTDs for the vetmod...no more VLs inside buildings (place it just outside the bulding)...rename it say...Building X Entrance...that should work. And this should give us a very aggressive AI...brutal!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
 
ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3
votes: 1


PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:47 am Post subject: ! Reply with quote

how dare u jepodise my marriage further!!!

im struggeling to get sleep with current soc as is!!!

and wife will join'CC widows' soon i believe!

oh the snow...the pain! the pleasure...the harder it is to survive, the more exhilerating my lot is!!!...sometimes snatching defeat from victory is the greatest pleasure!

...i think i need professional help...

...burp!


espree de corp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
 
pzjager

Rep: 1.3


PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:15 am Post subject: Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote:
Ahh...the secret ingredient!
Some day you should let us in on the secret PJ Very Happy
So the vetmod will contain map txt files?

BTW, how about combining special map coding and vehicle-coded infantry?
You'd need to reconfigure the BTDs for the vetmod...no more VLs inside buildings (place it just outside the bulding)...rename it say...Building X Entrance...that should work. And this should give us a very aggressive AI...brutal!


No VL's inside buildings is a good idea, but cannot be generalised...That's I already made with my Vetmod.... in some areas.

SL, please don't stick to this vehicle-coded infantry. It has been a TT tool made for BoB. It has some advantages and a lot of disavantages. I will CERTAINLY NOT generalise it in ANY of my mods.

Last:it seems that you believe that SDK is more difficult than SOC.... Just play 5 days in trhe GC and you will see. THe difficulty of a mod can ONLY be checked with time. Not the first day.

Cheers
PJ

P.S. Anyway, coding the map files is much more interesting. Forget the adb's....or I will believe that Squadleader is just a nickname of Salhexe (joke)

P.S.2 In a former message, you used the word "Cheat". THere is no cheat here. My mods are not CC2
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
Wittmann44

Rep: 0.3


PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:02 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

A mod to make SOC more harder? Great!!! Wink

sorry but where is the link to the vetmod? Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
pzjager

Rep: 1.3


PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Wittmann44 wrote:
A mod to make SOC more harder? Great!!! Wink

sorry but where is the link to the vetmod? Wink


Hi,

It is not available yet. I am still working on it.

Frédéric
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
jemcasdagli




PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way - just wanted to say SOC rocks - many thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
pzjager

Rep: 1.3


PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:39 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

jemcasdagli wrote:
By the way - just wanted to say SOC rocks - many thanks


Hi,

The ultimate German SOC submod is still under dervelopment. I want it as the best before the release. Just wait ....
In the meantime SDK V2.0 with SDK:DK will be available. And I ampstill working on BVir Hakeim and -why not?- Kharkhov'43..... (HGere, I need some help!).

Cheers
Have fun! The must important!

Panzerjäger
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
LiveFree




PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

pzjager wrote:
jemcasdagli wrote:
By the way - just wanted to say SOC rocks - many thanks


Hi,

The ultimate German SOC submod is still under dervelopment. I want it as the best before the release. Just wait ....
In the meantime SDK V2.0 with SDK:DK will be available. And I ampstill working on BVir Hakeim and -why not?- Kharkhov'43..... (HGere, I need some help!).

Cheers
Have fun! The must important!

Panzerjäger


The ultimate German SOC submod? whats that? Smile I hope you make it like the most difficult with an awesome AI. And Hakeim and Kharkov?... WOW...thank you pzjager for all the amazing and incredible work you put into cc. Je vuex vous dire merci pour tout!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
jemcasdagli




PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:02 am Post subject: Reply with quote

and many thanks from Estonia. It is a shame I know nothing about creating mods only playing them . As the German epic defensive battles around Narva 1944 would be most interesting. there wer some very interesting German units including SS wiking with swedish, danish, norwegian, belgium and Estonian units. They even scored an amazing defiensive victory close to narva at Sinimaa ( blue mountain) - still finding soviet bodies there and a huge controvesial SS memorial to Wiking
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
 
 
Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Operation Circle


 
   
 


Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum




Forums ©





In August of 2004, Zappi, Homba, Bambam887, RedScorpion and MOOXE all pitched
in to create this Close Combat site. I would to thank all the people who have visited and
found this site to thier liking. I hope you had time to check out some of the great Close Combat
mods and our forums. I'd also like to thank all the members of our volunteer staff that have
helped over the years, and all our users that contributed to this site!