Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
BB-61

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:53 pm Post subject: Reload time Nebelwerfer Reply with quote

I have a question about the reload time of the Nebelwerfer (lovely piece of equipment, by the way). It has 4 rounds/shots. However, after firing the first salvo the reloading apears to take more time than the default length of a scenario/map of 15 minutes. I can understand this, because the crew has to reload all the tubes (don't know how many there are) and that takes time. But how long in fact is the reload time of a Nebelwerfer?

pzjager

Rep: 12.3
votes: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:09 pm Post subject: Re: Reload time Nebelwerfer Reply with quote

BB-61 wrote:
I have a question about the reload time of the Nebelwerfer (lovely piece of equipment, by the way). It has 4 rounds/shots. However, after firing the first salvo the reloading apears to take more time than the default length of a scenario/map of 15 minutes. I can understand this, because the crew has to reload all the tubes (don't know how many there are) and that takes time. But how long in fact is the reload time of a Nebelwerfer?

Hi,

Mmmm.... What you say is surprising. In SOC, the nebelwerfer has 4 rounds, which can be sent two by two in something like 10 or 12 minutes, if I remember well. So, if you fire your two first rockets early in the battle, you should have some time left at the end of the battle to send the two remaining ones...

In reality, the nbelwerfer was equipped with 6 rockets of 230 mm each. The reload time was quite long.... I am not sure but it was tens of minutes...Could someone help with the exact answer?

Note that in SOC the Nebelwerfer has only 4 rockets, as I wanted to reflect the very low ammunition level of the Germans at this time. But in SDK, or the coming SDKDK, all the six are here!

Cheers
PJ

BB-61

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

What I saw last night was it started with 4 rounds. Shot 1 round, so 3 rounds left. This was early on. The rest of the battle it indicated 3 rounds left, reloading. Giving a fire command resulted in it doing absolutely nothing.

I will pay more attention next time I come across a Nebelwerfer.

Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

usually i release the first salvo in the first seconds and then check at 2:30 for the second target to hit. If you act thusly you will always get 2 salvos.

To brave men few words are as good as many

pzjager

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

BB-61 wrote:

I will pay more attention next time I come across a Nebelwerfer.

Yes, may more attention. i am sure of what I say. I spent at least 3 monthes on SOC recently..... (I am now playing on SDKDK)

If you still see that, please tell it to me... Maybe the SOC Plugin is not the version I played....

Cheers
Panzerjäger

pzjager

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Polemarchos wrote:
usually i release the first salvo in the first seconds and then check at 2:30 for the second target to hit. If you act thusly you will always get 2 salvos.

Agree with you, Polemarchos.

PJ

BB-61

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, on replaying and using Polemarchos' method what I see is that you start of with 4 rounds of ammunition. Shoot one salvo, it shows 3 rounds. Reload time is indeed about 10 minutes. After reloading is completed towards the end of the 15 minute scenario you see 3 rounds available and ready to fire. After you fire it is out of ammunition.

So, from what I gather should happen is that after the first salvo ammunition should go down from 4 to 2 followed by a 10 minute reload, with one salvo firing two rounds. Right?

At the moment the way I see it is that it gives the impression that the first salvo shoots 1 round of ammunition (available ammo goes from 4 to 3), the second salvo shoots 3 rounds (available ammo goes from 3 to 0). Of course the 1st and 2nd salvoes are the same and the 2nd is not more powerful than the first (right?).

By the way. If in SDK (looking forward to the new version! Haven't played the current one yet though) you have 6 rounds, and each salvo is 2 rounds, this means you get 3 salvoes. If the reload is 10 minutes between salvoes, you cannot fire all three salvoes in a 15 minute scenario, right? That would only work in a 30 minute scenario.

Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

BB-61 wrote:
OK, on replaying and using Polemarchos' method what I see is that you start of with 4 rounds of ammunition. Shoot one salvo, it shows 3 rounds. Reload time is indeed about 10 minutes. After reloading is completed towards the end of the 15 minute scenario you see 3 rounds available and ready to fire. After you fire it is out of ammunition.

So, from what I gather should happen is that after the first salvo ammunition should go down from 4 to 2 followed by a 10 minute reload, with one salvo firing two rounds. Right?

At the moment the way I see it is that it gives the impression that the first salvo shoots 1 round of ammunition (available ammo goes from 4 to 3), the second salvo shoots 3 rounds (available ammo goes from 3 to 0). Of course the 1st and 2nd salvoes are the same and the 2nd is not more powerful than the first (right?).

ye saw that too, but since as you stated correctly the salvos are equally strong it is just a counting error and not a real bug.

BB-61 wrote:

By the way. If in SDK (looking forward to the new version! Haven't played the current one yet though) you have 6 rounds, and each salvo is 2 rounds, this means you get 3 salvoes. If the reload is 10 minutes between salvoes, you cannot fire all three salvoes in a 15 minute scenario, right? That would only work in a 30 minute scenario.

correct, because germans had more ammo in the first week of the caudron than they had at the very end.

To brave men few words are as good as many

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> CC5 Stalingrad Operation Circle

Jump to: