Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Author
Tippi-Simo

Rep: 53.1
votes: 5

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:31 pm Post subject: Russia at war with Georgia Reply with quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7550804.stm

WTF?
Is Georgia somekind of an ally to USA?

"Du talar dalig svenska, men du är bra i sängen"

Pzt_Mac

Rep: 3.4

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. A strong Ally.

Tippi-Simo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

OK

Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:30 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm

what bothers me is that Georgia declared a ceasefire on thurstday night at 2:00 then launched a major attack at 4:30 against Ossetia. Not only that they took the first day of the Olympics as date for attack (remember that keeping peace during the games makes you civilized) but now after the Russians forced them back, they want a ceasefire again.

As for the US:
What do you expect as NATO-hegemon to happen when you start making allies in the garden of another regional-hegemon? Just imagine Russia or China would start sending military observers to Mexico to prepare to retake Texas...(hypothetical)

As for the history books:
Ossetians, speaking a persian-rooted Slav language, are no ethic russians but russians by selfdeclaration. Georgia, as satellite of the Byzantine Empire and as independent kingdom had since the 5th century been fighting with what we now call Ossetians.

As for double standards:
Nato themselves punished serbia for the same internal operations Georgia put forwards now. In Kosovo as in Ossetia there is a 90 to 10 majority for the breakaway faction. But while in Europe the "bad Serbs" were strigmatized for trying to keep up the national integrity of Yugoslavia and the KLA was greeded as Freedom fighters, in Ossetia or Abhazia the same drive for independence is labeled sesessionist.

I hope that Nato will finally understand that pissing into another hegemons garden will provoke counter-spitting. And you know what, i bet we'd all do the same.

To brave men few words are as good as many

Tippi-Simo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes you post too long messages that I fall asleep.

Slavs (russians) respect nothing. The whole country is in chaos.

Polemarchos

Rep: 27.3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Tippi-Simo wrote:
Sometimes you post too long messages that I fall asleep.

well, asking WTF about a war isnt that awesome either...

Tippi-Simo wrote:

stereotype...

To brave men few words are as good as many

Dfox

Rep: 101.8
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Polemarchos

+1

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As for the US:
What do you expect as NATO-hegemon to happen when you start making allies in the garden of another regional-hegemon? Just imagine Russia or China would start sending military observers to Mexico to prepare to retake Texas...(hypothetical)

I'd support that..... or has it already happened?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Real.Romanians

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Well, as a Romanian, I have to agree with you.

"La Garde meurt et ne se rend pas! Merde!"
Général Cambronne

Pzt_Mac

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Polemarchos, on most of your points.

I think the real test of aggression, on both sides, will be to see how far this goes, both in destruction and geography. I think the Georgian government and people are most afraid, not so much of loosing a slice of their county, as much as loosing all of their country. Clearly the Russian military could take all of Georgia if they so chose too. This isn't to discount the fighting spirit of the Georgian military, as it is based on pure numbers of men and material.

In today's world, most every single country has their fingers in someone else's pot. Some countries more than others, to be sure. But no one is innocent when it comes to minding their own business. Every country is guilty. But all of that really doesn't amount to a hill of beans when you neighbors and countrymen start dying.

The fact is Georgia is a major thoroughfare for oil and natural gas. Europe and America need it and support the Democratic government.

If Russia keeps the gloves on and only invades to a point, then I don't see the EU or Nato getting too involved. However, if Russia goes all the way with an invasion... well, then it could turn into something much bigger.

Tippi-Simo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I apologize! I´m not sophisticated as youre. I´m not a educated
philosopher as youre, good luck there.

Sorry, but I can´t make those pointless 10 lines answers.

First time I would like to hear your opinion, not those neutral opinions you share here.

Pz_Meyer

Rep: 0.4

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Polemarchos wrote:
hmm

what bothers me is that Georgia declared a ceasefire on thurstday night at 2:00 then launched a major attack at 4:30 against Ossetia. Not only that they took the first day of the Olympics as date for attack (remember that keeping peace during the games makes you civilized) but now after the Russians forced them back, they want a ceasefire again.

As for the US:

As for the history books:
Ossetians, speaking a persian-rooted Slav language, are no ethic russians but russians by selfdeclaration. Georgia, as satellite of the Byzantine Empire and as independent kingdom had since the 5th century been fighting with what we now call Ossetians.

As for double standards:
Nato themselves punished serbia for the same internal operations Georgia put forwards now. In Kosovo as in Ossetia there is a 90 to 10 majority for the breakaway faction. But while in Europe the "bad Serbs" were strigmatized for trying to keep up the national integrity of Yugoslavia and the KLA was greeded as Freedom fighters, in Ossetia or Abhazia the same drive for independence is labeled sesessionist.

I hope that Nato will finally understand that pissing into another hegemons garden will provoke counter-spitting. And you know what, i bet we'd all do the same.
and you have to wonder how the US could even say anything after having had invaded Irag and Afghanistan and the possible invasion Iran. it's called hypocrosy, russia is doing what it thinks it has to do in their own best interest.

Pzt_Mac

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:58 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Tippi-Simo wrote:

First time I would like to hear your opinion, not those neutral opinions you share here.

I don't think it has anything to do with being sophisticated (I'm pretty sure I've never been called that before Wink). I'm not an expert on the region, so I can't go into the who is right and who is wrong part of it. But from my own, outsiders point of view, it seems like Russia needs to back off.

Rolling in the tanks and bombing the crap out of both military and civilian areas is nothing short of a declaration of war on an entire country. There is a portion of Vermont that wants to secede from the Union (as well as many other parts of the US I am sure), but that doesn't give Canada the right to hand out Canadian passports to the people there and declare that in 1770 Vermont was a province of French Canada anyway, and therefore have the right to back in militarily and thusly invade.

I realize this is an extreme example, and not 100% applicable to the situation in Georgia. Nonetheless, I still think Russia's move is wrong here.

Pz_Meyer wrote:
and you have to wonder how the US could even say anything after having had invaded Irag and Afghanistan and the possible invasion Iran. it's called hypocrosy, russia is doing what it thinks it has to do in their own best interest.

Yep, the US has certainly overstepped it's authority over the past 5 years (although I think Afghanistan was justified). However, as I stated before, just about every country in the world is eyeballs deep in another county(ies) affairs. Comparing every situation against what another country has done isn't going to solve anything. We have to take each situation on it's own merit. And in this particular situation, I feel like Russia is in the wrong.

Pzt_Mac

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Tippi-Simo wrote:

*edit: not sure this was actually directed at me now that I reread it Wink

rufus

Rep: 50.4
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:06 am Post subject: Reply with quote

jaw jaw is better than war war,i think a cease fire will be decleared soon.

they both seem as bad as each other in this.georgian used the games to attack and were shocked by the russian response..ooops!but then again the russians have been spoiling for a reason to show the georgians whos the real boss in the region,not the yanks...did you you see the georgian troops being transported to the front in british land rovers.not much good against T90s...but judging by the russain army performance in checnya god knows how this will turn out...lots of civilian deaths with out doubt..

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone post a short summary of what Georgia is and why this is happening? I am assuming its another breakaway state type situation.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:48 am Post subject: Reply with quote

in layman terms its like the kurds of turkey. rebels, georgia went to crush them, but there northern neighbour is russian,so they retaliated...thats my guess,correct me if im wrong. 90% of these people has russian passports, speak russian, in an autonamous state since 1992,georgie seems locked in power struggle,had to quell them.

espree de corp

karlmortar

Rep: 16.7
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Something in the bak of my tiny little mind tells me that this is just the begining.
Lets hope not.

"CC for ever"

Dfox

Rep: 101.8
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:11 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so. The situation is exactly the same as Serbia-Kosovo. Can you find at least one distinction ? Response is no. And the result will be the same...

ANZAC_Tack

Rep: 22.3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote

agreed karl, its gonna hot up in the next 2 weeks, then russia will withdraw slowly as our minds are taken of olympic games, hero russia for withdrawing on last day of olympics...my proficy...

espree de corp

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jump to: