Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
Tippi-Simo

Rep: 53.1
votes: 5

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:13 pm Post subject: 9/11 anniversary approaching.. Reply with quote

Where were you when you first heard about this? Can you remember? 7 years ago already.

I remember coming from gym with my roommate to healthcenter while doing my conscript duty in finnish defensive forces (I´m a medic, corporal Wink ).
Duty officer said that there has been 2 planes flown against WTC twin towers. I said immediately: BS! Couldn´t believe it. Some guys thought this is the start of the WWIII.

After all these years what have americans achieved? I say nothing. Only that their country coming like a Chinas twin, a police state. And if youre not against arabs (islam) you´re unpatriotic. Maybe this is one of the last steps international bankers needed to create NWO, without even forcing people in to it. People demand it!

As myself i don´t know what to think. Maybe I´m too brainwashed by these conspiracy movies and stuff.

If you have have spare time watch some stuff about 9/11
Loose Change 2nd edit:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7866929448192753501

Zeitgeist:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-594683847743189197

"Du talar dalig svenska, men du är bra i sängen"

Last edited by Tippi-Simo on Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I was on my way to work and heard about it on the radio. The DJs were talking about who could of done it, and at 1st it was drunk pilots. It was so soon after it happened nobody knew a thing outside of New York.

When I got to work everyone was watching the tv, someone mentioned Bin Laden. After an hour or so we all got told to get to work haha. Seven years later, I am heading to Afghanistan (Sept 14th).

I think you may be brainwashed. For someone who hasnt been to America (I am assuming you, atleast since 9/11) you get a very one sided view of them. I'll admit for a long time the media here in Canada seemed to be very anti-american, and people at work take any chance they get to say how stupid they are. I travel to the USA quite often and I can say that the people are still friendly, it is a great country and when you walk down the sidewalk and shop or talk, its still the same old USA.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Tippi-Simo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:45 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'll admit for a long time the media here in Canada seemed to be very anti-american, and people at work take any chance they get to say how stupid they are. I travel to the USA quite often and I can say that the people are still friendly, it is a great country and when you walk down the sidewalk and shop or talk, its still the same old USA.

Sorry I didn´t made a clear point.
I was trying to say that any country that 90% of its citizens spent time watching TV (and its not only the usa). Don´t read books or have critical thinking are the most easiest people to lead.
I´m not anti-american. I´m just anti-retard.

Rep: 60.6

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

well
when i was in afghanistan, the first thing i mentionned among the people over there was, that they are just people like anywhere in this world.
They just wanna live their own lives without all those greedy and deceiving wars started by greedy power mongers.
They just want to be happy.

As you reffer 9 11, i don't care what i was doing then, i even don't care about 9 11 itself.
WHY? things like this happen every day and nobody will know it (or nobody is interested).
Don't get me wrong, i'm not anti-american, i am merely anti-american politics (or general politics). To me they (terrorists, politicians,...) are all the same. They are greedy and manipulate/use people for their own gain.
And sorry for all the direct victims of 9 11, but your death is being used by your own politicians for their own benefit.

We are the pilgrims, master. We shall go
 always a little further, it may be
beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
 across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Tippi-Simo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:07 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

´Why you enlisted to army 0202243?
I think it is voluntary there in the states?

For what are you killing for? College money.
Don´t get me wrong. I´m just curious.

king_tiger_tank

Rep: 0.1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:12 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I can already hear the republican spin machine stirring to life again.

What would H Jones do?

pvt_Grunt

Rep: 98.5

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:19 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember lying in bed, the alarm came on - just the radio and they were talking about a plane hitting a building on the news. Then the second plane hit and I thought "Holy Shit" this is big. I didnt work that day, just spent the rest of the day watching the footage on the news over and over. Even now when I see pictures it amazes me.

The next day all planes in North America were still grounded and it's the only time I've seen Vancouver without a plane in the sky.

Rep: 60.6

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Tippi-Simo wrote:
´Why you enlisted to army 0202243?
I think it is voluntary there in the states?

hi

i enlisted cause i was young, stupid and i believed i could do a great job in this world. i was wrong...
Believe it or not, every war starts because someone (or a bunch of people) want to have more. More money, power,... and first thing that dies in a war, is truth.
so i became totally sick of it... in military they always speak about honesty, bravery blablabla, but they really mean that everybody else should have those caracteristics, cause as i have seen, those people who are the first to speak about these things, are also the first persons to blame others.
They always speak about responsability, but they are the first persons to (as people say here) take an umbrella and direct responsability always to the people beneath them.
So if you see such people (and this world is full of them), do you really believe them if they say they do something to make lives of other people better.
If you say yes than you are one of them or an indoctrinated dumb-f*ck.

Next your question about wherefor i'm killing... where do you read i'm killing people for money? i was a little bit astonished by your question cause i merely think my opinion is (very) close to yours. I know my english is not perfect and i'm not going to tell i'm a pacifist but i have more respect for those who refuse to join military (for there own reason) than the cattle who joins because they think it is their duty.

cause remember all... the poor will always get f*ucked by the rich. Always have, always will.

so i'm tired know of putting my mind on paper (or on screen) so if you want to talk about it, you're always welcome but please PM me then or add me to your messenger list (if you have).

grtz

We are the pilgrims, master. We shall go
 always a little further, it may be
beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow,
 across that angry or that glimmering sea.

mooxe

Rep: 221.1
votes: 25

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Tippi-Simo wrote:

Can't this question be applied to anyone from any country?

A tax-payer pays taxes to the government which in turn fund the military. Blaming service members is just an easy way to complain, since blaming politicians usually fall on deaf ears, or the complainer hasnt the skill or patience to speak to a politician and make himself heard. Military or civilians, we both represent our country and government dont we?

Now we do know here that Tippo-Simo is a forum arsonist. The challenge is up to him to explain why he asks these non-flame retardent questions and prove hes just not being anti-american.

So Tippo, besides random curiosity, what is the real motivation of this thread? Perhaps if we knew, you'd get better answers and we wouldnt go so off-topic.

Join Discord for technical support and online games.

Sweeper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a 10 year US Army vet myself and have had to deal with the occasional over-opinionated civilian when I wore the uniform. When I was young, I'd get pissed when people would protest or just plain bad-mouth my brother and sister Soldiers, and cousin Marine, Sailors, Airmen, and Coast-Guardsmen.

Now I'm older and a little wiser and can honestly say the my decade of service did me good. I'm still saddened when folks bad-mouth my extended family, but it's more an annoyance that most folks do so from ignorance than any other reason.

I'm a firm believer that folks are entitled to their opinions, I just wish that more folks would look at all facts before forming one.

Question Authority! (It keeps out leaders honest)
View user's profile Send private message GameRanger Account Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Tippi-Simo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. I didn´t want to cause any harm here.
Thread is about 9/11 and what do you think about it and your memories.

I made just an offtopic question for 020223, sorry.

I would definetely enlisted myself if I were american, canadian or brit. But just for an adventure. I don´t care about my life that much.
For many people who don´t have chance to study (dont have money etc.) this is the place you make a career or earn some college money. And I don´t mean to diss anybody. Here studying is free for everyone. Just totally different countries (Fin/Usa).

Sweeper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in the middle of re-classing to a new MOS at Redstone Arsenal, AL and was in Mircowaves class when we received the news. The only thing I can remember is thinking the the coming decade is not going to be pretty. We had 2 Tech officers from the middle-east who where taking classes with us. On the 11th, they were there, on the 12th, they were gone. Kind of a shame, they were decent guys, for officers.

Question Authority! (It keeps out leaders honest)
View user's profile Send private message GameRanger Account Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Tippi-Simo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks 0202243 for your answer. Youre not stupid. As I said before, it´s totally different to grow up in treehuggers paradise in Finland than in USA.

It ain´t easy to come on vacation to Europe and when people ask in hostels what you do for living. Well, I´m a marine. I came back from Iraq 1 week and now I´m off. Just a hypothese.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> The Mess

Jump to: