Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1212
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Author
Kojusoki

Rep: 22.7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:59 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

at the begining, everything was smooth... now the game crashes like SAS in CCV...

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

Rep: 10.9

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

We've (Pzt_serk and I) had two more crashes at 00.00 making a total of about 8-10 crashes over roughly 55 battles. Its very frustrating especially when you have achieved your objectives in a given battle but in the process revealed your strategy for the given battle. So a replay is often fruitless because you have to try something different or agree to a "rebuild" of the battle.

Pzt_Ronson and I have started a GC as well and we'rea bout 12 battles in. I'm not sure if we've had a crash yet. Maybe 1.

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you point to any circumstances when this happens.

Is the 2 min timer running down?

Is it not running down and the game runs it'd full time?

Do either of you make a VL rush in that last few seconds that coincides with time running out?

Any further info would be appreciated.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Pzt_Serk

Rep: 8.7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:02 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember that I offered a truce at our last crash since kevin got the last VL in the last minute or so. I lost reference to the timer and my truce offer was made out of frustration at 00.00.

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Serk wrote:
I remember that I offered a truce at our last crash since kevin got the last VL in the last minute or so. I lost reference to the timer and my truce offer was made out of frustration at 00.00.

Was it with the original game or with a mod?

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

Pzt_Serk

Rep: 8.7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote:
Pzt_Serk wrote:

original game

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Serk wrote:
Nomada_Firefox wrote:
Pzt_Serk wrote:

original game

Original Game of Wacht am Rhein (i.e. not a CC5 game). We both have the beta patch installed.

In answer to Schreken's questions - nothing out of the ordinary. The Crash on game 48 was a 00.00 game where the Allies were terribly depleted in the battle and I was running around the map in the final seconds to see if I couldn't get a disband. But he had his last VL (supply) covered but his last unit. He killed my men and held the VL for the last 30 seconds since I didn't have anyone else close enough to try to take it. But I don't see such actions affecting a 00.00 crash.

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

One other note - When playing CC5 I rarely have a crash. I'm playing a GC right now of GJS4.4 and we're into out 51st battle and we've had only 1 crash the entire time. I think it was a 00.00 crash.

Roel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:58 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Kevin_dtn wrote:
One other note - When playing CC5 I rarely have a crash. I'm playing a GC right now of GJS4.4 and we're into out 51st battle and we've had only 1 crash the entire time. I think it was a 00.00 crash.

It seems nobody has ever been able to figure out the origins of the famous 00:00 crash. We finished two GJS 4.4 campaigns, so each player playing both sides; the first campaign had a crash rate of about 25%. The reverse campaign was played with the same settings, same host/client, same connection (broadband), but with different PCs. I think we only got one or two 00:00 crashes in the whole campaign...
So to us, the logical conclusion is that the crash is really specific to the PC configuration, and has little to do with game settings, choice of mod, connection type, host/client settings etc.
Since we play WaR on the same PCs and we only got one 00:00 crash so far, I tend to stick with that conclusion.

But I have no clue what the difference in configuration might be.
I played the first GJS GC on a Dell Inspiron 9400 with a standard video card, the second on an Inspiron 8600 with a better video card (Radeon Pro Turbo or something like that). For the rest: same OS, same amount of RAM, same firewall settings, etc...

Cheers,
Roel

CSO_Linebacker

Rep: 5.9
votes: 1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the strangest thing is that it is never the same for different people. I know in about 100+ H2H games during testing and beyond, I've never had 1 00:00 crash. I can't remember any of the testers ever reporting a 00:00 crash either.

'If it does not have a gun, it cannot be fun'

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all of our crashes have been 00.00. About 1/3 to 1/2 of them crashed mid game.

Kojusoki

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:58 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Kevin_dtn wrote:
Not all of our crashes have been 00.00. About 1/3 to 1/2 of them crashed mid game.

exacly.. we have same problems... but as i said a few days ago, at the begining everything was fine...

Very often, game crashes during the first fight after movement. It is almost always

sample

Rep: 59.6
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Roel wrote:
Pzt_Kevin_dtn wrote:

It seems nobody has ever been able to figure out the origins of the famous 00:00 crash. We finished two GJS 4.4 campaigns, so each player playing both sides; the first campaign had a crash rate of about 25%. The reverse campaign was played with the same settings, same host/client, same connection (broadband), but with different PCs. I think we only got one or two 00:00 crashes in the whole campaign...
So to us, the logical conclusion is that the crash is really specific to the PC configuration, and has little to do with game settings, choice of mod, connection type, host/client settings etc.
Since we play WaR on the same PCs and we only got one 00:00 crash so far, I tend to stick with that conclusion.

But I have no clue what the difference in configuration might be.
I played the first GJS GC on a Dell Inspiron 9400 with a standard video card, the second on an Inspiron 8600 with a better video card (Radeon Pro Turbo or something like that). For the rest: same OS, same amount of RAM, same firewall settings, etc...

Cheers,
Roel

it would be interesting to see some statistics involving crashes on both Windows XP Home edition and Profesional edition; i think the Pro version is more suitable for online playing when compared with Home edition

www.mihaisurdea.com

lemon42

Rep: 4.8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:47 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what should be the big difference about XP Home and XP Pro network wise. The only difference I know is that the Home version is not able to join a Windows Domain which is ok for home PCs I think.
Maybe some additional share level restrictions.
To be honest I advise my friends to buy the home versions instead of the business versions because non of my friends have a windows active directory at home and therefor they can spare some money.
I'm not even sure if the vista ultimate version beats my vista business version. I don't miss anything with my version. Works like a charme with active directory networks and that's all I need Smile

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who are seeing H2H crashes posting your machine, software and internet connection information might help;

Right click on my computer and select properties to get...
Hardware: CPU and Ram
Operating System: Name and service patch level

Go To Start, Run and type Dxdiag...
DirectX: version

Right click on your desktop and select properties. Click on Settings then Advanced and then on Adapter to get...
Video Card: chip (ATI or Nvidia) and Ram

This one you just need to know...
Internet Connection: connection type (cable, DSL or modem) through a router (Y/N)

What was happening in the game at that point?
Examples; morale break, time hit 0:00, truce was accepted, VL changed hands, etc.

Kojusoki

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

we have one game ok, second game crash. It really pisses me off.

What we noticed: its is often in late mid game like 9 or 10 min left in 30min game
It is when grenades are thrown or a flamer is firing
XP Professional SP3
AMD AThlon 64x2DUAL
2GB RAM

The possible problem: we changed DURING game, the nbumber of man in MG teams. Can it be the problem?

schrecken

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:26 am Post subject: Reply with quote

you have modded your game?

Please attach the files you have changed (zipped) so we can take a look.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Pzt_Kevin_dtn,

For your GC with Pzt_Ronson you said after the first 12 games that there had been none or at most 1 crash, has it still been good for you two?

Pzt_Kevin_dtn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote:
Pzt_Kevin_dtn,

For your GC with Pzt_Ronson you said after the first 12 games that there had been none or at most 1 crash, has it still been good for you two?

Ronson wants to wait for a patch before proceeding further. He thinks the Panthers are too tough.

schrecken

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone suggested the Panthers are to be made weaker?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Jump to: