Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
AT_Stalky

Rep: 27.4
votes: 10

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:38 am Post subject: Maps errors not fixed in the new WaR patch... Reply with quote

I have seen many reported about the maps been wrong coded (symtoms) in WaR, has the team not read that? The problems has not been fixed in the new patch.

platoon_michael

Rep: 47.6
votes: 25

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:03 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Some one did fix the.ovm and .mmm files,correcting the shadows I had complained about.That was done before the patch and can be found here.
http://closecombat.matrixgames.com/WaR/WaRmods.html
(Thanks again for doing that,I dont know who did it by name to personally thank)

I'm not sure about what you mean by codded wrong and dont recall seeing anything posted about it.
I don't understand the LOS yet it looks like one can shoot the enemy in higher buildings something I dont recall CCIV ever having (dont know about CCV) maybe I should go back and look at that.

I also dont like the use of Deep Water or Steep elevation it just seems to make the AI dumbfounded.I cant remember which map it was but Bloody Omaha had a map with Steep Elevation and it just took your troops forever to get up the hill.
The one map that would have been fun to have deep water is one they didnt do.An original CCIV (Clervaux) it never had deep water to begin with but would have made the map more challenging.

I do wish I knew how to relocate the VL's ,on the map South Eifel the text for the VL "To Andler" is covered up by a tree.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:35 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes michaells, yer complains about the LOS and buildings is about the wrong coding, (the errors come from wrong made map codes in WaR)
And other report get LOS through houses and be able to shoot through houses, its coused by this error way of code maps in WaR.

I better explain this to the WaR team as they have coded all houses wrong in WaR, the houses aligned horizontal and vertical is not that bad coded in WaR for natural reasons, the greatest error come in houses that are offset from horizon +- degrees..

The greatest problem this error coding comes when its city fights, and many houses, and all is about fight in house to house etc, in a forest map with one house this error way of code don’t matter that much ofcose, other errors in code is then more important. WaR is a city fight CC game so ofcose as all the houses have wrong coded this become v problematic, if one dont play the game as a arcade that is.
The LOS become wrong, the protection gets wrong, and cover get wrong and also the movement time penalty don’t work if one don’t code the maps right… Non of this works as ought to in the houses that are not horizontal aligned.

The wall coding must be done like this:
(let the 1 represent a wall, and 0 a non-wall element)

In war they coded like this:

See the red 0, should be a 1, well
I make a image to more explain how its to be done.

Edit as i forgot to say what 1 is and 0 is.

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, excuse the bad english, hope the images say more then my "broken english". Wink

squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find, Stalky...and thanks for the easy to understand pics and huge lettering Very Happy
I guess we need another new CCWAR patch to address these map coding errors on buildings.

BTW, on most multilevel buildings with partial 2nd or 3rd floor...the coding looks wrong too...part of the upper level walls are coded as interior walls when they should be outer walls. Maybe I should follow Stalky's example and post pics to explain this...maybe later Wink

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

My english is "broken" i dont even know if my talk of alignment make sence in english, this is what i meent:

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:15 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

That indeed was a very good post AT_Stalky.
Very easy to understand.
I never did understand Mafis soldier viewing soldier or soldier viewing tank in 5CC.
And I dont understand how this tank had LOS.On the same map my tank also shoot through a house but I was not able to capture a screen shot quick enough.

UO0001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  153.13 KB
 Viewed:  17210 Time(s)

UO0001.jpg

UO0004.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  305.15 KB
 Viewed:  17209 Time(s)

UO0004.jpg

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me explain some things about some elements in CC.

As my "english is broken" (say the S3T team)
So I supose Its more easy for me to make another image to explain a fundamental part of the CC engine and map code:

Maybe Round / circles is wrong way of say it or illustrate it, its more H/V shape so the image is just for illustrating the general ideal of the space in between elements only.

Hope that explained that part of that element, Smile

Edit some spelling

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:16 pm; edited 3 times in total

MossOrleni

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Informative post... though it looks more like an Andy Warhol composition Laughing

Moss

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:10 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...still no response from the developers?
Or are you guys still too busy rechecking the map coding and fixing the coding glitches on buildings?

southern_land

Rep: 155.2
votes: 14

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:52 am Post subject: Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote:
Hmm...still no response from the developers?
Or are you guys still too busy rechecking the map coding and fixing the coding glitches on buildings?

No. Personally I'm running away cackling like the villian from a 1940's melodrama and planning my next foray into the world of evil were Supa-stalk dude can come and save the world.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:59 am Post subject: Reply with quote

...at least that was a response of some sorts Wink Very Happy

platoon_michael

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:29 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Im currently on Day 4 of the 25 day GC and would have to admit the LOS makes it very difficult to figure out where to hide.

Maybe this explains it.
Got it from the Matrix site from the behind the scenes thread.

Quote:
quote:

ORIGINAL: RD_Oddball

RE: LOS through two lined up windows - Coding interior walls into the map IS the solution. Not all situations allow for it tho. Sometimes the house graphic is so small that if you put in interior walls there'd be no room for soldiers inside.

Agreed. And this was the case 90% of the time in WaR. Either code the interior walls/doors, or dont and allow room for the sprites.

In WaR we found that interior coding was impossible in most cases due to the size of the building (small) and the angle of the building in relation to the pixel to be coded. One pixel coded at an odd or extreme angle could ruin a sprites whole day and make the building an untenable piece of architecture.

In the end it came down to minute adjustments post coding to ensure that sprites could access the coded building. Whether this left a snap shot opportunity through windows or not was not evident until post coding and LOS was applied.

Most were picked up and rectified. Unfortunately you must accept that in any instance some LOS through windows will still be evident.

What can I say, take the snap shot if offered. I know the lame assed AI will.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote

No michaels. Jim is wrong there and I made a new image to explain it a bit better:

Edit spelling:

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

QM

Rep: 49.4

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:06 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats my quote, and I'll stand by it, I'm on day five turn two. I play the original CCIV as a parralel GC and get predominately the same LOS as I do in WaR. ??
I dont think it explains zip. It states the OPINION of myself only (ME), not the position of any one else including MATRIX, Destineer, S3T or the game designer, cast, crew or staff of anything.
I have a ball playing WaR, and thats from a hard and fast CCIV fanatic from the original release date back to my days at Platoon.

Choose your side. I welcome constructive feedback.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, here is the green house just to prove a point, if you guys dont get it, im so sorry, and I pitty the future of CC.

Things look dark in the land of CC, even though I am in a green house, and dont through many stones.

Last edited by AT_Stalky on Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:28 am Post subject: Reply with quote

And just to explanin one more thing, I can also have that green house look through, haha, and also block look thorough windows totaly, that part is made in the ELEMENTS file mates, so yer answer Jim is really not accurate at all.....

Dark times dark times, guys try to get it atleast, put all yer head together, for the sake of the future, and be a bit humble, you obviously dont understand this.

Anyone who whant my recoded map, this one and green house experiment, plz mail me and i send it to ya.

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote

QM wrote:
Thats my quote, and I'll stand by it, I'm on day five turn two. I play the original CCIV as a parralel GC and get predominately the same LOS as I do in WaR. ??
I dont think it explains zip. It states the OPINION of myself only (ME), not the position of any one else including MATRIX, Destineer, S3T or the game designer, cast, crew or staff of anything.
I have a ball playing WaR, and thats from a hard and fast CCIV fanatic from the original release date back to my days at Platoon.

Yes, ofcose your talk only for your self and is independent etc.
Tell, me QM, dint you singelhandedly coded HALF the WaR maps, or have I got that wrong?

Smile

AT_Stalky

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

QM wrote:

You know, I get a bit scared when someone say what you say here about not notice the difference from CC4 to WaR, and I get even more scared when your a part of the developement team and are part of coding maps (or are you not?).
I get even more horrified that you still dont understand it after I have so grapixly explaind it,

anyway here is the Atomic CC4 code from 1999, and its perfect:

Now start yer OLD Atomic CC4 up and look at the qualety of map codes.

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:36 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm...don't understand or don't want to understand? Wink
I think Stalky painted the picture (literally!) clear enough for all to understand...you don't even have to be a CC expert or modder to understand the pics (and huge lettering Very Happy).
At least if the developers and CCWAR map coders don't want to understand...then maybe just try coding a few of the maps the way Stalky explained...and test it to see if this fixes the LOS anomalies in CCWAR Wink

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat Wacht am Rhein
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: