Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1221
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Author
7A_Woulf

Rep: 22.1
votes: 2

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:58 am Post subject: just a question... Reply with quote

I've been thinking... (That happens occasionally) Very Happy

I'm a sucker about the British army and airborne operations, especially Market Garden has always kept a special place in my heart. I remember the film "A bridge too far" in my youth, my first encounter with the world of war gaming in "Operation Market Garden: Descent Into Hell" sometime in the 80's and later hours of fun with CC2...

But now I've been playing CC IV & CC5, I've tried a lot of great mods and found my favourites in TRSM and CC IV Kreta...

Is it worth bother about a dig in the cellar to dust of my old CC2, or will I just get disappointed?? Confused

"When the tough gets going, I run to live to run another day..."

"Is this trip really necessary?"

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:00 am Post subject: Re: just a question... Reply with quote

7A_Woulf wrote:

I'm a sucker about the British army and airborne operations, especially Market Garden has always kept a special place in my heart. I remember the film "A bridge too far" in my youth, my first encounter with the world of war gaming in "Operation Market Garden: Descent Into Hell" sometime in the 80's and later hours of fun with CC2...

But now I've been playing CC IV & CC5, I've tried a lot of great mods and found my favourites in TRSM and CC IV Kreta...

Is it worth bother about a dig in the cellar to dust of my old CC2, or will I just get disappointed?? Confused

You are in the same situation as me...digged out my old CC2 Cd last week!

If you are looking for good graphics and sounds you will get dissapointed!

But if you are looking for good gameplay, stratlevel aso you must play again!! My opinion is that CC2 has a huge lot of good things, the AI is real good, you can use 4 different languages, you have 4 different VL flags and you can blow bridges!!
I would like to have a uppdated version of this with new maps and sounds.

(Yes Nomada converted it to CC5 but with the old maps and you cant blow bridges or change voicies aso as in reg CC2)

Mats Smile

sample

Rep: 59.6
votes: 4

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:25 am Post subject: Re: just a question... Reply with quote

7A_Woulf wrote:

recently i've reinstaled Panzer General II and i almost forgot how good player was AI (i didn't have access to internet conection for multiplayer when the game came out); playing PG2 and CC2 ever since i started to call that era, the pre-2000 period as "the golden age" of wargames.

there are some new mods/maps covering the intial CC2 ABTF operation and also CC2 Kreta mod (Nembo will perhaps finish this mod soon), Afrika Mod made by Mafi and so on

i don't think you will disappointed

www.mihaisurdea.com

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far

Jump to: