Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
squadleader_id

Rep: 53.2
votes: 7

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:51 am Post subject: unit icons alternative Reply with quote

The Lock'n Load series use unit icon artwork that's very wargamey (heck, they are wargame cardboard units!) but nice looking at the same time. Something like these would have looked better for CCTLD...but the new bland icons are still better than reusing the old CC5 icon graphics without any 'graphics upgrade'.

BTW, what's with this rumor that CCTLD will be available next week?
So this one was made and completed in under 6 months (since the release of CCWAR)???

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:48 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

mooxe wrote:

This isnt how Matrix Games justified thier price. Thats what really at question here.

Personally there are two things that Matrix should think better, we are on a bad economy moment and many we bought WAR only a few months ago.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote:
mooxe wrote:

This isnt how Matrix Games justified thier price. Thats what really at question here.

Personally there are two things that Matrix should think better, we are on a bad economy moment and many we bought WAR only a few months ago.

Read here for some answers from Matrix staff and Jim (S3T):
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2096193

It is a bit strange that CCTLD is released so soon after CCWAR. They're not even waiting for June 6th Wink
Has it got anything to do with Atomic's recent resurrection I wonder?

Therion

Rep: 27.4
votes: 4

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:18 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still waiting for the promised CCMT patch Very Happy .

Wonderland - my mod for Armored Brigade

Killing for peace is like fucking for orgasm.

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:43 am Post subject: Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote:
Nomada_Firefox wrote:
mooxe wrote:

It is a bit strange that CCTLD is released so soon after CCWAR. They're not even waiting for June 6th Wink

Looking the screenshots I see the game a little incomplete.

And Schrecken forgot that it is not the first time that we can play all the beaches and sides from invasion, I made it on the Invasion Normandy many years ago with maps from CC5, GJS and Bloody Omaha. Sorry Schrecken but you have not made nothing new. Wink

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Nembo

Rep: 36.7

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:17 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomada_Firefox wrote:
I made it on the Invasion Normandy many years ago with maps from CC5, GJS and Bloody Omaha. Sorry Schrecken but you have not made nothing new. Wink

That was the one with B-29's for air support? Right.

-Nembo

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:38 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Nembo wrote:
Nomada_Firefox wrote:
I made it on the Invasion Normandy many years ago with maps from CC5, GJS and Bloody Omaha. Sorry Schrecken but you have not made nothing new. Wink

That was the one with B-29's for air support? Right.

No, I made two different Invasion Normandy mods, the 1944 realistic version and one "what if" 1946 version, the B29 was on it.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:41 am Post subject: Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote:
Nomada_Firefox wrote:
mooxe wrote:

I agree with you waiting to June 6 could/would have been a good marketing move.... But just like most here want to get to CC6 so do they but they obligated to do 5 re-releases. So with this on the way that leaves one to go....

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:04 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Tejszd wrote:

I agree with you waiting to June 6 could/would have been a good marketing move.... But just like most here want to get to CC6 so do they but they obligated to do 5 re-releases. So with this on the way that leaves one to go....

Yup...but with Atomic back in action and mentioning that they want to go back to CC after the Falujjah shooter...will there be a CC6 by S3T/Matrix or just the last 2 rereleases before Atomic wants the ball back?

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:22 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I would guess that S3T/Matrix would push ahead. They earned some money on the re-releases I would think but the big pay day for them would most likely be for anything after the re-releases they have to do....

The CC re-releases must be moving well if Atomic wants to come back into the market. I bet that news when it first came out stunned a few people who thought they would have the CC market to themselves. But well have to see if they actually do come back.... I guess if they do hopefully we'll have two very good products to buy....

Last edited by Tejszd on Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

squadman45

Rep: 2.4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:01 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Flamethrower is a joke no??? 50 dollars (38 euros) for a 1999 game with some patch improvements is equal to a 2008-9 game with NEW engine???

I like the CC system but is time to a NEW game, not a Release using mod stuff, for me WAR and other releases cost 20 euros or less, is a download game!!!

PD: sorry man but try to change client opinion is a little... psss

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote

And here the biggest mod question about this remade game.

If the longest day has only a 4 days GC, I suppose that they have many turns, perhaps 20 turnos per day but.........can we edit it and add 20 days on game? if it only runs with 4 days, the mod possibilities for more operations will be zero.
Mad

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

flick

Rep: 17.6

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

squadman45 wrote:
Flamethrower is a joke no??? 50 dollars (38 euros) for a 1999 game with some patch improvements is equal to a 2008-9 game with NEW engine???

I like the CC system but is time to a NEW game, not a Release using mod stuff, for me WAR and other releases cost 20 euros or less, is a download game!!!

PD: sorry man but try to change client opinion is a little... psss

This sums it up for me too.

The SSG games offer months, even years of playability, and they still cost less. And they're from 2003 onwards.

Hytzon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:32 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Wargamer developer feature found here http://www.wargamer.com/article/2693/close-combat-the-longest-day as it describes the changes in more detail.
The way some battlegroups are locked to contain fewer teams is cool, I guess the germans have less troops at the beaches now.. I think I can spare the money if the game is stable in H2H.

Last edited by Hytzon on Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

squadman45

Rep: 2.4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:53 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the limit in the number of troops is a bad thing for me, now you can storm as allied german companies special because i think we can see they in the beaches (and defend a beach with only 9 units... you need cover many terrain and if with 15 is hard... attacker can centrate in 2 positions but defender no) and sorry but in a disembark you can send a regiment to the assault but they dont fight as a regiment, fight as they can (the command system is break and all depends of individual actions and a single MG can do a carnage but in CC MG can do arc fire), the number of BG is very similar in both sides but if allied have few company units.... the grand campaign ends in a few turns but hey if you see WAR dont seems strange (Super Sherman with 75L38mm killing Panthers with frontal shoots at 300 meters when the panther cant do the same).

PD: when we can see 2 BG fighting in the same zone??? or one in the first line and other behing it giving reinforces to the battle???

Kojusoki

Rep: 22.7

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

or at least having the ability to have 2 BGs at the same location. Sometimes its crucial just to move one BG over another without need to move the first one elsewhere

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:26 am Post subject: Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote:

Nice! New CCMT style unit/team graphics!
I was surprised that this style wasn't implemented in CCWAR (instead we got CC5 Normandy graphics - some with Normandy era uniforms).

I agree, I love this icon set, so now I am faced with having to by the game so I can rip these icons and import them back to CCMT for use with WW2 mods. This is a beeg dilema. Exclamation

squadleader_id

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Stwa wrote:
squadleader_id wrote:

I was surprised that this style wasn't implemented in CCWAR (instead we got CC5 Normandy graphics - some with Normandy era uniforms).

I agree, I love this icon set, so now I am faced with having to by the game so I can rip these icons and import them back to CCMT for use with WW2 mods. This is a beeg dilema. Exclamation

You're going to buy CCTLD just to use those icons for CCMT? Confused
Actually they're not that hard to create from scratch or based on the CCMT icons.

Stwa

Rep: 308.9
votes: 16

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:33 am Post subject: Reply with quote

squadleader_id wrote:
Stwa wrote:
squadleader_id wrote:

You're going to buy CCTLD just to use those icons for CCMT? Confused
Actually they're not that hard to create from scratch or based on the CCMT icons.

Nice idea, but I doubt I will try making icons myself, and I might not buy either since I already have a Normandy CC game. (I will probably try plan B!). Exclamation

But I am glad they cam out with all this for the new guys.

ogrando

Rep: 51.1

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:27 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

But i can't found it on store?
Only buy it online and wait to arrive from UK?

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: