Welcome to Close Combat Series
  Login or Register Home  ·  Downloads  ·  Forums  ·  Combat Camera  ·  Help  

Survey
Do incapacitations count as a soldier's kills?

Yes
No

Results
Polls

Votes 1179
Comments: 1

Shout Box!!

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.

Main Menu
Articles & News  
    Help
    Player`s News
    Site News
    Multiplayer
    Terrain Challenge
    Boot Camp
Community  
    Forums
    Downloads
    Combat Camera
    MOOXE @ Youtube
    Statistics
Members  
    Private Messages
    Your Account
    Logout

Donations
Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
08/15/2022

Anonymous - $25.00
12/18/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
11/08/2021

Anonymous - $15.00
04/09/2021

Anonymous - $100.00
04/05/2021

Anonymous - $20.00
02/20/2021

Anonymous - $10.00
12/29/2020

Anonymous - $1.00
11/06/2020

ZAPPI4 - $20.00
10/10/2020

Find our site useful? Make a small donation to show your support.

Search for at
Close Combat Series Advanced Search

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Author
Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 3:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I ask ask you Nomada?

A couple of monts ago i asked about the txt files in WaR? Yes?

I mentioned the bug in the forcepool, you included others, told me there was no problem to change the force pool with the txt files insted of the BGEditprogram, Yes?

You sad to would convert your Bridge to far mod to WaR in a couple of weeks, Yes? Where is it??

Now you have completely changed your point of view of a game you event have played, Yes? I suppose the the longest day has the same stupid txt files as WaR, Yes?

I am sure of that i will buy the Longest Day in a couple of months and i still hate the txt files Rolling Eyes

Mats

Nomada_Firefox

Rep: 32.9
votes: 9

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:33 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Sapa wrote:

You sad to would convert your Bridge to far mod to WaR in a couple of weeks, Yes? Where is it??

Are you telling me that I have not ended my ABTF mod because I can not make it? can you make some like this? it is complete 3D model from one Strident Star Defender (one SW model)

And I have more of 200 models like this running on two different mods.
If I had 4 hands, perhaps I would end the ABTF mod tomorrow.

Quote:

Now you have completely changed your point of view of a game you event have played, Yes? I suppose the the longest day has the same stupid txt files as WaR, Yes?

Stupid to you, to me they are txt files many better than the old CC5 adb files. But if you can not or you do not know how mod them, it is not my problem.Wink

Quote:

I am sure of that i will buy the Longest Day in a couple of months and i still hate the txt files Rolling Eyes

Life is not perfect but I do not go to speak bad from the TLD mod capabilities because they are so bigger than on WAR.

On few words, SAPA, you thought that I was negative for all and I only have critized the bad things for me on TLD.

"Nada escapa a mis dominios".
Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site
(Only www.FirefoxCCMods.com is a English web site).

Sapa

Rep: 76.3
votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont like Spaceships in Close Combat and you are right! i cant make any of them...

Its great that you are an expert on changing datas in the forcepool, why should i ever bother about it??

Just asking how you could have opinions about a game you havent played!! Rolling Eyes

SAPA

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Its great that you are an expert on changing datas in the forcepool, why should i ever bother about it??

I do not see me like a expert but I´m not repeating all times that they are bad, specially when I have not problems editing them. I have seen on other games things worse and people edited them.

Quote:
Just asking how you could have opinions about a game you havent played!!

I repeat again, because god gave me eyes and because people tell me their own opinions. Of course all we know that TLD is only one WAR with a little changes.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

Kojusoki

Rep: 22.7

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 12:34 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Of course all we know that TLD is only one WAR with a little changes.

true... but i like those night battles:)

First bug that was not fixed imho - only host in H2H can see flashes from muzzles

schrecken

Rep: 195
votes: 15

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:20 am Post subject: Reply with quote

You haven't played H2H then in WaR and tLD

Client can see muzzle flashes in both WaR and tLD

I just had to check though and it works fine.

please don't make stupid uninformed comments like that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:27 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I will add that in WaR and tLD this feature works correctly and does not in CC4 or CC5.

So if you want a fair game the choice is clear Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website GameRanger Account

ChrisC

Rep: 0.2

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 1:00 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

After having played several battles, ops and the first round of a GC (the latter h2h) I am really impressed by the atmosphere this games conveys. The night battles, the strategic map, the numerous strategic options, the features like different sizes of BGs and some more arre very nice... To me the best wargame I have ever played. And you may rest assured, I have played a lot of wargames and "so called" wargames. I have to thank everybody helping to keep the CC series alive as they once again turn out to be my fav computer games. Tough I have to agree that WaR was a somewhat unfinished product when released. I hope there will be a patch for this game that irons out the last issues (coding etc.). However, back to TLD. I am really looking forward to the first mods of this game...

Ah, one thing...there is an issue with Airborne groups not moving from contested maps during first two turns. Is this a bug or a feature?

ChrisC (Korsun)

Kojusoki

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 2:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Schrekcen, Ill double check it then.
In WAR I CANT see those flashed. Am I blind or you have big imagination?Smile

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:20 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisC wrote:
After having played several battles, ops and the first round of a GC (the latter h2h) I am really impressed by the atmosphere this games conveys. The night battles, the strategic map, the numerous strategic options, the features like different sizes of BGs and some more arre very nice... To me the best wargame I have ever played. And you may rest assured, I have played a lot of wargames and "so called" wargames. I have to thank everybody helping to keep the CC series alive as they once again turn out to be my fav computer games. Tough I have to agree that WaR was a somewhat unfinished product when released. I hope there will be a patch for this game that irons out the last issues (coding etc.). However, back to TLD. I am really looking forward to the first mods of this game...

Ah, one thing...there is an issue with Airborne groups not moving from contested maps during first two turns. Is this a bug or a feature?

ChrisC (Korsun)

At the start of an Op or GC it is a feature as the AI or Player could advance off a contested map without fighting at all (was a fix for WAR in a patch). Now with Night being added to TLD it happens at night but is still happening on turn 1 which is a bug. I believe I saw post on the Matrix forum acknowledging the bug and that it would be fixed in a patch....

schrecken

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:52 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In WAR I CANT see those flashed. Am I blind or you have big imagination?

you are blind

The client can see the muzzle flash in tLD and WaR

Kojusoki

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 9:41 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if he cant spot a unit?
I am saying about situation when you are under fire, you can see "green or red lines" flying towards you, but no flashes.
My question was regarding this issue. And I confirm there are no flashes (but it would be right if BOTH sides CANNOT see them while not seeing a unit)

Nomada_Firefox

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:40 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not played the game but on my home the muzzle flash is always the light that you see exiting from weapons when you fire. I suppose that on night TLD battles, it is a little different, specially when all the night was made with a black layer.

Clan Nomada Web Site
FirefoxCCMods Web Site

darthmorgoth

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:42 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

hello,

i played the first three close combats when they were new and loved them; i downloaded the longest day last night and have played a few scenarios and am having fun with them.........

one thing that bugs me though is being unable to custom control my zooming; am i missing something, or are there only two zoom levels? i remember being able to zoom with the mouse scroll, so that i could have a view of how my forces were spread out, without all the clicking back and forth........if i am not missing something, i would hope that it is something that could be patched, as it makes gameplay for any strategic simulation, move more fluidly.

the other nitpick that i would have is no smooth scrolling, i believe that i remember that on cc3 as well.

that said, i did buy the game and know that i will enjoy it overall......i was also hoping that if the game's sales are decent, that more good games will come our way.

cheers,
darth

Tejszd

Rep: 133.6
votes: 19

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:37 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

CC3/COI had 3 levels as it had a zoomed in view not just out while all other CC games just have the 2 levels....

Dima

Rep: 87.3
votes: 16

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, so funny Smile.

darthmorgoth

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 2:44 am Post subject: Reply with quote

well it's been awhile since ive played the game, i'm not pretending to be some expert on how it was; just how a couple of things bugged me.

darth

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:06 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Kojusoki

Found what you are talking about.

Ok.. I see what you mean.

I can see muzzle blasts on client... no problem there.

I can't see muzzle flashes.... I'm not sure this was ever supposed to work... will check on it though.

thanks

Kojusoki

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

EXACLY schrecken!
Well Host can see the FLASHES even when not see a unit.
Client/Guest cannot. So i think it can be considered a bug Smile And it is not equal. I will even tell more - its extra not equal especially when you are landing with your shermans on the beach, facing enemy AT guns and... you opponent who is hosting knows everything and you have no idea where to shot.

schrecken

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:15 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I agree

To Host and to defend would be a definite, small, advantage,

We're looking at it.

Post new topicReply to topic printer-friendly view Close Combat Series Forum Index -> Close Combat The Longest Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Jump to: